Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Goal line technology

Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:05 am

Will it be used this season at the 3 relegated sides grounds? Quite sure only premier league grounds had it installed last season

Re: Goal line technology

Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:14 am

KBK-13 wrote:Will it be used this season at the 3 relegated sides grounds? Quite sure only premier league grounds had it installed last season

Pretty sure it's Prem only, mate

Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:35 pm

As it has already been installed why not leave it there and use it?

I can see some controversial incidents this season now - if it has gone.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:48 pm

abergblue wrote:As it has already been installed why not leave it there and use it?

To be fair though, it would be unfair if only Cardiff, Norwich & Fulham used it :laughing5:

We could have a shot cleared off the line and not given by the ref as the sensor didn't trigger a goal whilst the exact same positioning of the ball could take place at another ground and be allowed as the offical think the ball has crossed the line...

I think all teams in this division should introduce it but as it stands though, only the Premiership are using it.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:07 pm

bakerbluebird wrote:
abergblue wrote:As it has already been installed why not leave it there and use it?

To be fair though, it would be unfair if only Cardiff, Norwich & Fulham used it :laughing5:

We could have a shot cleared off the line and not given by the ref as the sensor didn't trigger a goal whilst the exact same positioning of the ball could take place at another ground and be allowed as the offical think the ball has crossed the line...

I think all teams in this division should introduce it but as it stands though, only the Premiership are using it.

But that could work for and against those teams. I agree with your last comment though. :thumbup:

Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:14 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
bakerbluebird wrote:

But that could work for and against those teams. I agree with your last comment though. :thumbup:

Also just saw that the PL will be using the vanishing spray. Surely that is something cheap enough to introduce to all professional football in the English league

Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:59 pm

Sides in the championship have already it. Reading, leeds and blackburn already use it.