Goal line technology

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Goal line technology

Postby KBK-13 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:05 am

Will it be used this season at the 3 relegated sides grounds? Quite sure only premier league grounds had it installed last season
KBK-13

Goal line technology

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Goal line technology

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:14 am

KBK-13 wrote:Will it be used this season at the 3 relegated sides grounds? Quite sure only premier league grounds had it installed last season

Pretty sure it's Prem only, mate
bluebirdoct1962

Postby abergblue » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:35 pm

As it has already been installed why not leave it there and use it?

I can see some controversial incidents this season now - if it has gone.
abergblue

Postby bakerbluebird » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:48 pm

abergblue wrote:As it has already been installed why not leave it there and use it?

To be fair though, it would be unfair if only Cardiff, Norwich & Fulham used it :laughing5:

We could have a shot cleared off the line and not given by the ref as the sensor didn't trigger a goal whilst the exact same positioning of the ball could take place at another ground and be allowed as the offical think the ball has crossed the line...

I think all teams in this division should introduce it but as it stands though, only the Premiership are using it.
Adopted player for 2015/16 - Anthony Pilkington
bakerbluebird

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:07 pm

bakerbluebird wrote:
abergblue wrote:As it has already been installed why not leave it there and use it?

To be fair though, it would be unfair if only Cardiff, Norwich & Fulham used it :laughing5:

We could have a shot cleared off the line and not given by the ref as the sensor didn't trigger a goal whilst the exact same positioning of the ball could take place at another ground and be allowed as the offical think the ball has crossed the line...

I think all teams in this division should introduce it but as it stands though, only the Premiership are using it.

But that could work for and against those teams. I agree with your last comment though. :thumbup:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby KBK-13 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:14 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
bakerbluebird wrote:

But that could work for and against those teams. I agree with your last comment though. :thumbup:

Also just saw that the PL will be using the vanishing spray. Surely that is something cheap enough to introduce to all professional football in the English league
KBK-13

Postby thomas9990 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:59 pm

Sides in the championship have already it. Reading, leeds and blackburn already use it.
thomas9990

Return to General Chat