Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

They start signing players

Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:43 pm

Blackpool signed another player today striker Nathan Delfouneso signed a one-year deal with the option for a further 12 months.

Re: They start signing players

Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Blackpool signed another player today striker Nathan Delfouneso signed a one-year deal with the option for a further 12 months.

annis they have signed all 6 of them on 1yr deals why? :roll:

Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:57 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Blackpool signed another player today striker Nathan Delfouneso signed a one-year deal with the option for a further 12 months.

annis they have signed all 6 of them on 1yr deals why? :roll:

Because all of them know they don't want to be there long and guaranteed first team football and Blackpool themselves know they are relegation candidates, if their on one year contracts they can easily bugger off.

Or KO is not committing to paying wages through years

Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:04 pm

Another player signed from yesterday -

Blackpool bring Peter Clarke back to Bloomfield Road

By Joe Fish, Reporter
Filed: Monday, July 28, 2014 at 23:15 UK

Peter Clarke has returned to Blackpool on a one-year contract following his release by Huddersfield Town.

The defender is the third addition that the Tangerines have made to their threadbare squad today, following the acquisitions of Jacob Mellis and Tomasz Cywka.

The Bloomfield Road outfit now have 11 professional players on their books ahead of their Championship season opener against Nottingham Forest next weekend.

Clarke left Huddersfield at the end of last term after making 223 appearances over five years for the Terriers.

The 32-year-old former Everton trainee previously spent two seasons at Blackpool between 2004 and 2006. His deal with the Seasiders includes an option for an additional 12 months.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:00 am

I'm not sure they will go down see. I really rate this Riga as a manager. He did wonders at Charlton and talks a lot of sense. They will obviously be down there but judging by the players they are buying, Riga will have something to work with and I can see them avoiding relegation.