Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Bolton working hard to seal Mason loan. '

Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:16 pm

Tuesday 29th July 2014
BOLTON WANDERERS are working hard to land striker Joe Mason on loan from Cardiff City.

Dougie Freedman has waited patiently all summer for the Welsh club to decide whether they were going to send the 23-year-old out for first team football.

Sources close to the Bluebirds say his move could go through in the next couple of days.

But the deal is by no means complete, with at least two other Championship clubs believed to be in the reckoning for the former Republic of Ireland Under-21 international.

Mason made 16 appearances for the Whites last season in two loan spells, scoring six.

Re: Bolton working hard to seal Mason loan.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:17 pm

I'd rather keep him....

Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:45 pm

Can't see him getting a look in.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:47 pm

He shouldn't waste another 2 years of his career, get out on loan and improve. Can't help his career is being wasted.

Mason set to leave on loan

Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:47 pm

Bolton and Brighton interested.

Surely sell him if there never going to bother using him anymore

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot ... on-7530062

Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:49 pm

Sorry just seen this can mods merge thread. Thanks

Re: Mason set to leave on loan

Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:56 pm

Don't get the point in giving him out all the time.

Does anyone know when his contract runs out?

Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:06 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:Don't get the point in giving him out all the time.

He has talent but needs games.

While I think malky rightly played other people ahead of him I think malky was wrong to let him rot and not loaned out.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:14 pm

he is still very young so another year on loan at this level is good for him and us hopefully, no point selling at moment as really not worth it. :old:

Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:39 pm

The contract expiry question is an important one though. If say he has only two years left on his contract, will he want to renew after being loaned yet again? The staff at CCFC will have a better gauge than us I suppose. He isn't going to get football at Cardiff for the next 6 months either way.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:44 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:Don't get the point in giving him out all the time.

He has talent but needs games.

While I think malky rightly played other people ahead of him I think malky was wrong to let him rot and not loaned out.

If we do get promoted tho he still won't be playing hence why I think we should cash in on him

Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:47 pm

We may regret that.

I would wait till a few games into the season just incase players flop

Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:16 pm

He has good potential but we have better players in the positions he can play. Glad ole is starting to ship out some players. Has to be done.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:38 pm

I don't see him as an out and out striker but say a CAM/CF, just behind the striker. Personally I would keep him. Shame that after practically getting us to the play-offs in 11/12, he's barely had a look in

Re: ' Bolton working hard to seal Mason loan. '

Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:44 pm

Report: Cardiff City set to loan Joe Mason

By Chris O'Keefe, Reporter

Last Updated: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at 22:28 UK
Cardiff City forward Joe Mason is reportedly set to leave the club on-loan this summer, with Brighton & Hove Albion and Bolton Wanderers among the favourites for his signature.

The 23-year-old spent much of last season at the Macron Stadium and is likely to find opportunites at a premium in South Wales, since the club have signed Adam Le Fondre and Federico Macheda.

According to Wales Online, Mason has impressed Dougie Freedman during his time in the North West, but could a number of Championship showing an interest in his talents.

Mason scored 12 goals in his first season with the Bluebirds, including a Carling Cup final against Liverpool in 2013.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:45 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Report: Cardiff City set to loan Joe Mason

By Chris O'Keefe, Reporter

Last Updated: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at 22:28 UK
Cardiff City forward Joe Mason is reportedly set to leave the club on-loan this summer, with Brighton & Hove Albion and Bolton Wanderers among the favourites for his signature.

The 23-year-old spent much of last season at the Macron Stadium and is likely to find opportunites at a premium in South Wales, since the club have signed Adam Le Fondre and Federico Macheda.

According to Wales Online, Mason has impressed Dougie Freedman during his time in the North West, but could a number of Championship showing an interest in his talents.

Mason scored 12 goals in his first season with the Bluebirds, including a Carling Cup final against Liverpool in 2013.

Cheers Tony :thumbup:

Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:55 pm

Reading the Bolton forum they're not overwhelmed and saying they would need to play him with a target man as he's not that good without a target man

Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:51 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:I don't see him as an out and out striker but say a CAM/CF, just behind the striker. Personally I would keep him. Shame that after practically getting us to the play-offs in 11/12, he's barely had a look in

Dont see him getting a look in, in those positions. We are packed with better players there.I think it's right to loan him out to give him match fitness and experience.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:54 pm

I would keep Mason :thumbup: