' Medel rejected Galatasaray, Valencia and Hamburg '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby NIGELNIGLE » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:19 pm

But
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=144734 :shock:

World sport

Tuesday 29th July 2014

It’s reported Cardiff City man Gary Medel rejected Galatasaray, Valencia and Hamburg, as he only wants Inter.

The Chile international is determined to make the move to Serie A, even though the club is so far refusing to match the €12m (£10m) asking price.

According to Sky Sport Italia, Galatasaray – coached by ex-Italy boss Cesare Prandelli – Valencia and Hamburg are all prepared to offer the money requested.

However, Medel continues to reject all options, hoping to push through a transfer to Inter.
NIGELNIGLE

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Medel rejected Galatasaray, Valencia and Hamburg

Postby Overthemoon » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:21 pm

Cardiff City it is then! :D
Bartley the Bluebird sat down and scratched his head, he used to have a blue shirt on, but now it's turned to red!
Overthemoon

Postby blueheaven » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:35 pm

Well if he really wants to join Inter then he should personally make up the difference between what Inter are prepared to offer and what we are asking otherwise he steps out in the Championship :old: :bluescarf:
blueheaven

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:48 pm

I find it hard to believe those clubs have offered 10m for him.
2blue2handle

Postby Metal Handkerchief » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:46 pm

He's got to be mad to reject Hamburg, the Bundesliga is a fantastic league and if Champions League is all he cares about then Inter won't do, they're shit.
Metal Handkerchief

Postby wez1927 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:16 pm

Keep him for another season then ,let him rot in the reserve s
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby porthcawl_ccfc1927 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:25 pm

f**k it send him on loan to newport
BLUEARMY!!!
porthcawl_ccfc1927

Postby PartyWithOle » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:41 pm

We're paying for paying so much, that we have a player who wants a move to a club who can't fork up. Either pay up yourself Gary or move to a league where you're gonna play. Inter aren't as good as they were previous seasons and I don't see them returning to the elite any time soon
PartyWithOle

Re: ' Medel rejected Galatasaray, Valencia and Hamburg '

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:07 pm

Cardiff City Midfielder Only Wants Inter Move

Gary Medel - CardiffCardiff City midfielder Gary Medel is ready to reject all other options in favour of a move to Inter.

The deal has been stalling for some while now with the Nerazzurri failing to reach an agreement on the total fee with the Welsh outfit but they are still pursuing the player.

According to Sky Sport Italia, Medel is ready to turn down all the clubs on his trail which include Valencia, Galatasaray and Hamburg in order to push for a move to Inter.

Medel was impressive in the World Cup with Chile which saw them reach the round of 16 where they were knocked out by Brazil on penalties.

The Chilean only missed four games in the Premier League last term in a season which saw the Bluebirds relegated to The Championship.
TopCat CCFC

Postby Sven » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:44 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Cardiff City Midfielder Only Wants Inter Move

Gary Medel - CardiffCardiff City midfielder Gary Medel is ready to reject all other options in favour of a move to Inter.

The deal has been stalling for some while now with the Nerazzurri failing to reach an agreement on the total fee with the Welsh outfit but they are still pursuing the player.

According to Sky Sport Italia, Medel is ready to turn down all the clubs on his trail which include Valencia, Galatasaray and Hamburg in order to push for a move to Inter.

Medel was impressive in the World Cup with Chile which saw them reach the round of 16 where they were knocked out by Brazil on penalties.

The Chilean only missed four games in the Premier League last term in a season which saw the Bluebirds relegated to The Championship.

Sounds like Inter and Medel are trying to force a deal through, but Cardiff City FC should NOT be held to ransom by either party and I think Tan can do himself a few favours here by telling both parties to "put up or shut up" :thumbup:

It that doesn't work, then Medel needs to start prepping for The Championship or life in the reserves if he comes back with attitude! LOL :laughing6:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby JonCCFC » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:23 am

Medel needs to realise that it's either us or any team willing to pay the price.
JonCCFC

Postby markd » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:28 am

looks like he's staying :laughing5:
markd

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:51 am

2blue2handle wrote:I find it hard to believe those clubs have offered 10m for him.

Why?
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Denzil » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:33 am

Ever been to Northampton Gary ? :laughing6:
Denzil

Postby CardiffWOBer » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:42 am

No way have Hamburg got €12m! Not for 1 player, sorry.
CardiffWOBer

Postby Golden cheetah » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:51 am

JonCCFC wrote:Medel needs to realise that it's either us or any team willing to pay the price.

Exactly. City will not be taken for a ride, Even if Medel and Inter put their heade together.
Golden cheetah

Postby Jonny88 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:59 am

I think Inter are desperate for him so will probably buckle and pay right at the end of the transfer window but i think we need to report them to UEFA they must of used every trick in the book to tap him up by now ffs
Jonny88

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:08 pm

TopCat CCFC

Postby Metal Handkerchief » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:18 am

CardiffWOBer wrote:No way have Hamburg got €12m! Not for 1 player, sorry.

I'll believe it, they have been extremely intelligent in spending the past 2 years, wheeling and dealing, attaining a high league position thanks to bargain players and loaners (for example Per Ciljan Skjelbred) their bank could only have grown and grown during that time.
Metal Handkerchief

Postby CardiffWOBer » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:05 am

Metal Handkerchief wrote:

I'll believe it, they have been extremely intelligent in spending the past 2 years, wheeling and dealing, attaining a high league position thanks to bargain players and loaners (for example Per Ciljan Skjelbred) their bank could only have grown and grown during that time.

Hmm. High league position? They were shit last year and should have went down. Only scrapped through the play offs after being outplayed twice by a second division team.
CardiffWOBer

Postby TheRow » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:20 am

So they now ditch that philosophy for Medel? Come on.
TheRow

Postby Metal Handkerchief » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:27 am

TheRow wrote:

So they now ditch that philosophy for Medel? Come on.

Everyone knows there is no bigger force multiplier than a the right goalkeeper, defensive midfielder, playmaker, or striker.

If a club believes a player in one of those categories to be the right player, and they have the money, they'd rarely pass the opportunity.
Metal Handkerchief

Postby ShionyCCFC » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:34 am

Valencia and Hamburg are great cities... I wouldn't mind being paid £40K a week to leave in either of those!
ShionyCCFC

Return to General Chat