Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

17000 Season Tickets sold

Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:10 pm

What was it with all the doom and gloom if these figures are correct?

Re: 17000 Season Tickets sold

Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:11 pm

Got to admit that figure does surprise me.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:13 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Got to admit that figure does surprise me.

Me too! We were led to believe it was going to be carnage.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:19 pm

El Tel wrote:

I thought it would be around the 12,000.

Obviuosly there is a confidence in the air that we will return to the premier. I recall when we played Blackpool after they got relegated. There stands were packed out and I remember us singing to them "were where you 2 years ago" referring to when they were lucky to get 8,000. It will be interesting to see if they return to those attendaces this season.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:22 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
El Tel wrote:

Obviuosly there is a confidence in the air that we will return to the premier. I recall when we played Blackpool after they got relegated. There stands were packed out and I remember us singing to them "were where you 2 years ago" referring to when they were lucky to get 8,000. It will be interesting to see if they return to those attendaces this season.

I suppose that could also be us next year if we do not go straight back up. Especially with the end of the price freeze.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:22 pm

El Tel wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
El Tel wrote:

I suppose that could also be us next year if we do not go straight back up. Especially with the end of the price freeze.

Very much so.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:25 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
El Tel wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
El Tel wrote:

Very much so.

Always look on the bright side!

Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:57 am

this should be a sticky - good CCFC-related subject.

I am pleased to see plenty of supporters renewing.

CTID

:bluescarf:

Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:32 pm

Surprised by that thought it be bit less.

Anyone know what other teams sales are like be good to see comparison?

Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:44 pm

Gaffer wrote:Surprised by that thought it be bit less.

Anyone know what other teams sales are like be good to see comparison?

Yes I would be interested to know that information especially the other teams that were relegated.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:52 pm

Perhaps all the Jonny come lately's football fans have turned into city fans....... Was that not the aim, lets be honest by the time the tickets went on sale we all knew we wasn't good enough and were going down.....

Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:23 pm

Good numbers considering it's a season in the Championship. Leaves good options for non season ticket holders to catch more home games compared to last season, which can only mean a good things for getting your mates to come along too.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:30 am

Bushy Eyebrows wrote:Good numbers considering it's a season in the Championship. Leaves good options for non season ticket holders to catch more home games compared to last season, which can only mean a good things for getting your mates to come along too.

Very pleasing and surprising figures considering what some people were saying. If City can get off to a good start we may have some really decent 25000+ crowds down there this year.
I do think next season may be different mind with the end of the price freeze, particularly if we do not go straight back up.
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:38 am

Bushy Eyebrows wrote:Good numbers considering it's a season in the Championship. Leaves good options for non season ticket holders to catch more home games compared to last season, which can only mean a good things for getting your mates to come along too.

I thinks it's great support to have 17,000 incl Premier Seats renewing for Championship football :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:48 am

Are these figures correct ?

Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:48 pm

Blue Boy wrote:
El Tel wrote:What was it with all the doom and gloom if these figures are correct?

Where? :ole: :ole: :ole:

Some were saying a while ago that many had not renewed and that figures were nearer 12000.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:49 pm

moz-dublin wrote:Are these figures correct ?

As I understand these are the official figures from the club.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:05 pm

The thing is we be lucky to get 17k on matchdays everyone knows a few k dont turn up unless its Vs better teams so we have to rely on walk ups, still im sure thats around 4,000 down on season tickets we sold on the season we went up, blame it on the finance company for them who needed it, blame it on the rebrand or whatever. its the last year of the price freeze so we will soon see after this season if we go up or not :bluescarf:

Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:06 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:The thing is we be lucky to get 17k on matchdays everyone knows a few k dont turn up unless its Vs better teams so we have to rely on walk ups, still im sure thats around 4,000 down on season tickets we sold on the season we went up, blame it on the finance company for them who needed it, blame it on the rebrand or whatever. its the last year of the price freeze so we will soon see after this season if we go up or not :bluescarf:

Agree with all of that but let's take it for what it is at the moment which is a sound basis of support to start this season.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:09 pm

El Tel wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:The thing is we be lucky to get 17k on matchdays everyone knows a few k dont turn up unless its Vs better teams so we have to rely on walk ups, still im sure thats around 4,000 down on season tickets we sold on the season we went up, blame it on the finance company for them who needed it, blame it on the rebrand or whatever. its the last year of the price freeze so we will soon see after this season if we go up or not :bluescarf:

Agree with all of that but let's take it for what it is at the moment which is a sound basis of support to start this season.

Of course its still decent numbers but its still down 4k odd compared to the season we went thats my point so the question is WHY only the club know the answers while we guess :bluescarf:

Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I thinks it's great support to have 17,000 incl Premier Seats renewing for Championship football :thumbright: :ayatollah:

bloody hell a positive post from you annis lol

Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:58 pm

Is it 4k less than 2 years ago ?Most of what I've read say its similar to 2 years ago . Can't find the figure on line. I thought it was about 18 k. Bear in mind the lowest gate was only just over 20 k it can't have been much over 18 k

Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:02 am

Lawnmower wrote:Is it 4k less than 2 years ago ?Most of what I've read say its similar to 2 years ago . Can't find the figure on line. I thought it was about 18 k. Bear in mind the lowest gate was only just over 20 k it can't have been much over 18 k

That sounds about right to me and just reiterates that considering all that has been going on this is quite a good show of support from the fans.