Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Nigel Clough to target Cardiff City player and make big bid

Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:46 pm

My opinion
I actually think there is a chance Clough could get him?

Nigel Clough has been told he can have as much money as he requires to sign John Brayford from Cardiff CIty. Brayford hit it off at Sheffield United and was the fans favourite last season.[quote][/quote]

Hull City have completed the signings of Harry Maguire from Sheffield United for an estimated £4 mill and also signed Andy Robertson.

Re: Nigel Clough to target Cardiff City player and make big

Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:54 pm

We wouldn't let him go with just over a week to go til the season starts imo. For some reason I do get the impression that JB is not totally settled here though. Bottom line is, if Ole wants him to stay - he stays, whatever the offer imo.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:58 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:We wouldn't let him go with just over a week to go til the season starts imo. For some reason I do get the impression that JB is not totally settled here though. Bottom line is, if Ole wants him to stay - he stays, whatever the offer imo.

I also believe everything is not right and its personal,nothing to do with City.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:We wouldn't let him go with just over a week to go til the season starts imo. For some reason I do get the impression that JB is not totally settled here though. Bottom line is, if Ole wants him to stay - he stays, whatever the offer imo.

I also believe everything is not right and its personal,nothing to do with City.

Wanting to play under NC again? Move closer to home? Mmmm

Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:04 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Wanting to play under NC again? Move closer to home? Mmmm

Yes that could also help his decision to leave Hmm

Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:04 pm

£2m should do it but he will do a good job with us

Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:06 pm

NIBluebird wrote:£2m should do it but he will do a good job with us

Mike, just spoke to a Sheffield United fan and he reckons they will pay big money for him.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:15 pm

From FB

? ?

Darren Dimond
The problem is Bayford and his family are not happy in South Wales that's why he went on loan last season, he wants to live in the Midlands.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:17 pm

£15 million and we'll throw in Gary Medel!

Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:£2m should do it but he will do a good job with us

Mike, just spoke to a Sheffield United fan and he reckons they will pay big money for him.

I really don't want him to leave as I think two full / wing backs with pace and good engines are key to the way Ole wants to play this season - quick on the break with quite a few players bombing forward. I'd be tempted to say ' Not for sale at any price' but if he's unhappy, then so long as we can get a good replacement maybe it would be for the best. These fans that we bump into on holidays are all 'experts' mind, Annis. Let's wait and see :)

Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:27 pm

In all the pictures that City have put up, everyone looks to be happy and enjoying themselves - except John Brayford.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:From FB

? ?

Darren Dimond
The problem is Bayford and his family are not happy in South Wales that's why he went on loan last season, he wants to live in the Midlands.

If that's the case, get rid....quick. Then get Fonte and a quality full back.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:43 pm

there chairman has said previously they will not spend big in league 1 so i think there just putting 2+2 together after selling mcguire and now want brayford

Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:01 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:there chairman has said previously they will not spend big in league 1 so i think there just putting 2+2 together after selling mcguire and now want brayford

I can believe that actually. Come to think of it, I remember JB looking a miserable so and so during our pre season friendlies last year - just after he'd signed! Maybe it's just his demenour. He's put in some good performances pre season so at least he seems to have his head in tjhe right place where that's concerned.
- think we have to remember that football is their job (just like bricklaying, accounting, teaching etc to us). We don't get on with everyone we work with and there are some miserable gits in work with all of us...as long as they do their job well though eh.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:02 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:there chairman has said previously they will not spend big in league 1 so i think there just putting 2+2 together after selling mcguire and now want brayford

agree , Ole has already made it clear Brayford is part of his plans this season

Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:06 pm

He should be starting for US, not playing in League One. He was the best full back in the Championship at Derby.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:08 pm

They've just agreed to sign Kieron Freeman from Derby. So I'd assume that's it for their interest in Brayford.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:13 pm

Why join us in the 1st place? If he dont wanna be in wales

Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:15 pm

why Sheffield utd?

is that really how good he is?

why arnt some semi serious clubs wanting him........nigel f*cking cluf and sheffields 2nd club..?
must be a joke........because it can not be serious..........and in other news torquay are in a race with man utd to sign daehli

Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:18 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:They've just agreed to sign Kieron Freeman from Derby. So I'd assume that's it for their interest in Brayford.

Brayford and Freeman played in the same Sheffield United side at the end of last season. I never watched them but I think Freeman is a LB.

However, despite Clough liking Brayford and Brayford looking like he's chewing a wasp at times, I would be amazed if he left us.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:19 pm

Get a decent offer and let him go.
For me Fabio is first choice anyway and KTC and Connally back up until we can bring someone in.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:44 pm

The guy has the potential to be the best Championship defender but he isn't settled in Cardiff as pointed out by that lad on Facebook, all his mates and family are in the Midlands / North area.

If you look at his Twitter account, there are no pictures of him with any Cardiff players, all Sheffield Utd lot and mates from back home.

I believe Ole needs to sell him as in the long term it could affect our season / team morale.

In terms of bringing in Fonte, we have no chance, i'm good friends with a Saints fan who has been told Fonte will be Club Captain and is firmly settled living in Romsey near Southampton.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:11 pm

We need to get behind Brayford and make him feel part of the club........get some chants going for him.......pity he has not got silver hair. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:11 pm

If Fonte was happy he would of signed a new deal he's turned 2 down that i know of. As for Brayford if their willing to pay what it takes then fair play to them but i got a feeling we wont let him go cheap

Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:18 pm

He's looked as good as most in pre season but I agree with most that he never looks happy. I wouldn't want him to leave unless we get a replacement.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:48 pm

Old news,,,but NC want him big time,,,& i believe we would sell for the same price as we paid for him last season.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=143947

Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:50 pm

Never seen him play TBH and that is a surprise seeing as I didn't miss a home game and went to 75% of the away games last season. But hey if he is a miserable git like me and Annis let him go to the shite end of Sheffield :lol:

Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:57 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:In all the pictures that City have put up, everyone looks to be happy and enjoying themselves - except John Brayford.

Maybe he's just a miserable c**t

Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:13 pm

Wolfpac wrote:The guy has the potential to be the best Championship defender but he isn't settled in Cardiff as pointed out by that lad on Facebook, all his mates and family are in the Midlands / North area.

If you look at his Twitter account, there are no pictures of him with any Cardiff players, all Sheffield Utd lot and mates from back home.

I believe Ole needs to sell him as in the long term it could affect our season / team morale.

In terms of bringing in Fonte, we have no chance, i'm good friends with a Saints fan who has been told Fonte will be Club Captain and is firmly settled living in Romsey near Southampton.

That's probably because he played 1st team football with them and he was frozen out with us , Ole has said he is part of his plans so I would be very surprised if he dropped down a division permanently

Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:26 pm

Ole will know if he wants to leave or not but I would have thought a replacement would have brought in by now. Unless of course he feels we have enough cover in the squad.