Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' West Ham target Cardiff duo '

Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:40 pm

Rumours doing the rounds that West Ham reportedly touting both Fabio and Declan John as possibles for a switch to Upton Park ....................... Further updates when available .

I will be glad when window shuts for Prem .

Saying that we dont need to sell and John is one for the future !

Re: west Ham target Cardiff due

Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:45 pm

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/ ... nding_page

Ooh because it's the Daily Mail it's true

It's bollocks, Mail has been wrong plenty of times. Plus they already have Cresswell

West Ham United are planning a raid on Cardiff City to find a new left-back.

The Daily Mail says Cardiff City's Fabio and Declan John have been discussed as possibles for the left-back berth to give competition to Aaron Cresswell.

Cresswell arrived only earlier this month from Ipswich Town and West Ham want cover.

Fabio signed for Cardiff in January from Manchester United, while John has come through their youth system.

Re: west Ham target Cardiff due

Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:56 pm

It says that they are talking about getting one of them to put pressure on cresswell. Its just talk so far, but couldn't see it happening even if they were to make an actual offer.
Fabio may want to play pl football but I don't think he wants to be considered the back up plan after being On the bench at OT for so long.
Declan will stay in Wales in my opinion, he really likes working with ole and it's important to the club to keep their only welsh player.

Re: ' West Ham target Cardiff due '

Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:14 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if there's been talk in the West Ham ranks of these two being targeted but there's a big difference between scouts chatting to the manager about potential targets, bids actually coming in, bids being accepted, and then the players actually agreeing terms.

I don't think we would let either of them go unless it was for decent money but I can't see bids high enough coming in.

Re: ' West Ham target Cardiff duo '

Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:50 pm

Load of old cobblers!

Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:15 pm

mugsy wrote:Load of old cobblers!

:lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:39 pm

they r welcome 2 Fabio,i don't rate him

Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:12 pm

Hoppo67 wrote:they r welcome 2 Fabio,i don't rate him

Thought once fit he looked very good..

Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:46 pm

Cardiff have two great professionals in Fabio and Declan John. Declan appears to have such a sensible head given his age and you just know that, as long as he keeps playing, he will become the sort of player that Ramsey is now. Declan doesnt need Premiership Football. He just needs to keep playing.

Fabio really impressed me. Last year I was photographing a Wedding at the Celtic Manor. It was on the same day as we played Wigan in the cup. I was a bit gutted (living in Wigan) as I know the Wigan Photographers quite well. Anyway, I diverse :)

I was doing the wedding at the Celtic Manor and, at 2pm, I saw Fabio coming back from training. He was not playing but was clearly putting as much extra work in as possible. I asked his translator why he wasnt at the game to which she replied she was taking him to the CCS in 10 minutes. That impressed me. He could have just taken the easy option - and got to the stadium at 1.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:22 am

Paul Keevil wrote:Cardiff have two great professionals in Fabio and Declan John. Declan appears to have such a sensible head given his age and you just know that, as long as he keeps playing, he will become the sort of player that Ramsey is now. Declan doesnt need Premiership Football. He just needs to keep playing.

Fabio really impressed me. Last year I was photographing a Wedding at the Celtic Manor. It was on the same day as we played Wigan in the cup. I was a bit gutted (living in Wigan) as I know the Wigan Photographers quite well. Anyway, I diverse :)

I was doing the wedding at the Celtic Manor and, at 2pm, I saw Fabio coming back from training. He was not playing but was clearly putting as much extra work in as possible. I asked his translator why he wasnt at the game to which she replied she was taking him to the CCS in 10 minutes. That impressed me. He could have just taken the easy option - and got to the stadium at 1.

I like Declan & think he will improve as a player as well but I don't believe he will become as good as Ramsey is now. No way!