Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' He wants to leave '

Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:55 am

Despite Cardiff City wanting to keep Gary Medel he has asked Cardiff to let him join Inter Milan this summer despite Galatasaray offering more money.

If he wants to go then I believe you allow him to leave but only if Inter or any other club pay our valuation, or the player stumps the shortfall himself.

Re: He wants to leave

Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:57 am

I want Medel to stay,but who could blame him for wanting to leave,totally understand.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:00 pm

He shod go only if the club's valuation is met

Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:01 pm

carlccfc wrote:Despite Cardiff City wanting to keep Gary Medel he has asked Cardiff to let him join Inter Milan this summer despite Galatasaray offering more money.

If he wants to go then I believe you allow him to leave but only if Inter or any other club pay our valuation, or the player stumps the shortfall himself.

Agree with that completely.

He signed a contract last season and if he know wants to get out of that contract to go to Inter then they will either have to pay what we want or he'll have to pay the difference himself.

Perhaps Gary should be putting some pressure on Inter to pay the required amount!

Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:01 pm

That's what I expected, can't argue with that.

But unless Inter Milan put the money up, he'll have to go to Galatasaray - who seem likely to pay the fee.

Re: ' He wants to leave '

Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:06 pm

Will he go to Galatasaray ?

Might come to a decision to stay or go there it seems he doesn't want to go there only
Inter

Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:10 pm

Inter being tight...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:13 pm

Sky bet

Inter must increase offer for Cardiff star

Tuesday 29th July 2014

Cardiff CityGary MedelInter Milan

Cardiff City chairman Mehmet Dalman has revealed Chilean midfielder Gary Medel will not leave on the cheap “under any circumstances” as reported by Wales Online.

Italian giants Inter Milan are reportedly in talks with the World Cup star, who isn’t expected to stay at the Bluebirds for a season in the Championship.

Nevertheless, Dalman is determined the club will not be left short-changed for the 26 year old.

Determined

He said “We are not going to take a loss on a player who was a World Cup star in Brazil. We have made it clear what our price is and that won’t change”.

Medel arrived from Spanish side Sevilla in 2013 for a club-record fee of £11 million pounds, but reports in Italy indicate Inter only want to pay a £1m up-front payment with future add ons.

Dalman has dismissed the offer and stands firm on the clubs asking price. If Inter can come close to the £11 million pound valuation, a move away from the Cardiff City stadium seems inevitable for Medel, who has desires of European football.

It appears Inter are still quite a distance from engaging in serious contract negotiations for Medel, unless reports of a £1m bid are false.

Optimistic

Inter President Erick Thohir believes Medel can help the Nerazzurri qualify for the Champions League next season, after a disappointing 5th place finish in Serie A.

Thorir has been speaking to the Italian media with a sense of confidence that a deal can be swiftly completed.

As reported by Wales Online, he said “Inter’s objective for 2014/15 is to qualify for the Champions League and I think we can make it with the arrival of Medel in midfield and a great new striker”.

Medel is due to report for pre-season duty with Cardiff tomorrow after being given extra time to recover from his World Cup heroics in Brazil.

He has a contract with Cardiff until June 2017, and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer would love to keep him in the ranks ahead of an assault on Championship promotion.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:13 pm

In the meantime he should be professional and give is all to the club currently paying his wages
If not he should be made to sit out his contract with the development squad until the valuation is met.Fair play to our club for playing hardball

Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:15 pm

Difference of £3m equates to £28k per week each from Inter and Gary - payable over 12 months. Possible??

Just looking on Soccerway and note that Inter have 12 Defenders. What if we were to take their £7m along with two loan players for a season?

Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:25 pm

He needs to tell Inter to pay up not ask us to let him go its as simple as that the only thing blocking the move is inter tapping our player up when they know full well what the asking price is yet refuse to meet it well sorry Gary if they wont pay your not going anywhere you have 3 years left on your deal

Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:29 pm

He needs to tell Inter to pay up not ask us to let him go its as simple as that the only thing blocking the move is inter tapping our player up when they know full well what the asking price is yet refuse to meet it well sorry Gary if they wont pay your not going anywhere you have 3 years left on your deal

Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:32 pm

Well its been on the cards.Dont want unhappy players or shit stirers at the club so bye bye, but for the right money.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:49 pm

Just because he wants to leave doesn't mean he's going to, unless inter meet city's valuation . Pay up or f_ck off,simple.
If he stays he'll still have to perform for any future potential buyers.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:56 pm

Get whatever we can and let him go, im really not bothered about him going. I think people are getting a little over excited over a couple of decent world cup games.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:00 pm

We all keep posting the same posts all over again.

He should be pleading with Inter to bid appropriately not CCFC. He has his price and it has clearly been openly in the public domain for a while.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:07 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:Difference of £3m equates to £28k per week each from Inter and Gary - payable over 12 months. Possible??

Just looking on Soccerway and note that Inter have 12 Defenders. What if we were to take their £7m along with two loan players for a season?

Good idea.

£7m and Vidic will do. :lol:

He's ex Manc as well.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I want Medel to stay,but who could blame him for wanting to leave,totally understand.

This is exactly how I feel about it. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:54 pm

If he wants the Inter move so bad, then he should pay towards moving there himself. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:13 pm

wez1927 wrote:He shod go only if the club's valuation is met

Agree totally mate :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:34 pm

This is similar to Suarez last season. Liverpool played hardball and look at the season they got out of him. Just because he has a relegation clause we have a right to a proper value for our player and it looks like Dalman is playing it that way.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I want Medel to stay,but who could blame him for wanting to leave,totally understand.

Agree with this. Hope he stays though as i feel he could be the difference between us getting promoted or not. He didn't have the best finish to the season last year but definitely still one of the best players we've ever had, if not the best.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:16 pm

Serie A starts Aug 31, Inter will want him sooner rather than later, he wants to go, but our club is in the driving place for a decent fee.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:22 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Serie A starts Aug 31, Inter will want him sooner rather than later, he wants to go, but our club is in the driving place for a decent fee.

no we're not, we're a relegated team that is under financial pressures to sell, as well as having a player that wants to leave.

thats why inter are standing firm trying to get him for a knockdown fee.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:45 pm

SwampCCFC wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:Serie A starts Aug 31, Inter will want him sooner rather than later, he wants to go, but our club is in the driving place for a decent fee.

no we're not, we're a relegated team that is under financial pressures to sell, as well as having a player that wants to leave.

thats why inter are standing firm trying to get him for a knockdown fee.

Inter obviously think this, but his contractual obligations do not,,,or maybe there's another reason???

http://www.barcablaugranes.com/fc-barce ... -barcelona

Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:02 pm

Denzil wrote:Well its been on the cards.Dont want unhappy players or shit stirers at the club so bye bye, but for the right money.

Liverpool hung on to Suarez..and Spurs Modric under similar circumstances..........i dont think its good if the club allow players to think they can do as they wish tbh........and its not in Medels long term interests to do anything other than his best......as its not just his transfer value that will go down..but also potential future wages...

Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:15 pm

I want a Porsche too! But only want to pay the same price as a golf!

Inter must pay more..

Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:27 pm

The fella wants to go I personally think he's great, also he had a great World Cup if inter don't want to pay the valuation and Gary's unhappy with that then tough luck son. City need to be strong and stubborn. Pay up Inter

Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:14 pm

do we want him to stay next season? can we afford for him to stay next season? would medel put a shift in if he stays?

if yes to all the above then we should hold out for the permanent transfer we want, if not then either medel or CCFC, will have to agree to a compromise somewhere…...

Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:52 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=144788