Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Chris Burke

Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:33 am

Apparently signed for Forest. Good signing for them.

On his day, was brilliant for City.

Re: Chris Burke

Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:44 am

Good pacey player, but like many in the championship did not have good crossing/passing ability.lost a lot of respect for him when he said he wanted to move closer to home..........then moved to Birmingham.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:48 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Apparently signed for Forest. Good signing for them.

On his day, was brilliant for City.

Ned very good signing :thumbup:

Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:50 pm

One of the classic bottlers of the Jones era. Didn't perform when it mattered. Will never be part of a promotion winning side in my opinion.

As Denzil said, I lost a lot of time for him when he claimed he wanted to move closer to Glasgow and then moved to Birmingham.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:58 pm

Very mixed performances from us, didnt really like the way he left either.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:14 pm

ok signing not the greatest good squad player has lost his pace but still chips in with some goals.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:23 pm

Poor signing considering they are meant to have such a big budget from the stadium naming rights. Seems more like a side trying to consolidate their position in the league rather than trying to get promoted

Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:04 pm

KBK-13 wrote:Poor signing considering they are meant to have such a big budget from the stadium naming rights. Seems more like a side trying to consolidate their position in the league rather than trying to get promoted

I thought this to.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:22 pm

Wouldn't do the ayatollah when brum played here 2 seasons ago f**k him and the scabby bastards he's signed for,

Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:58 pm

Experienced in the Championship and on his A game he can be different class.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:10 am

DandoCCFC wrote:Experienced in the Championship and on his A game he can be different class.

He's not someone that I would be excited about signing now and I was expecting Forest to be after much better players if their rumoured budget is true. I would prefer Eagles as winger as back up on a free

Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:47 am

Where would he play for us? He plays on the left. Or does he play on the right?

Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:11 pm

griff105 wrote:Where would he play for us? He plays on the left. Or does he play on the right?

that boy chris burke makes ........ look shit

Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:06 pm

Always puzzled me why we drooled over Burke and its getting the same with Noone.......who i think is a great player, but Conway was never rated by many of our fans.......he was one of the best crossers of a ball we had and a decent shot,maybe lacked a bit of pace, but still seemed to make room for himself to cross the ball, and never lost possesion.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:15 pm

Denzil wrote:Always puzzled me why we drooled over Burke and its getting the same with Noone.......who i think is a great player, but Conway was never rated by many of our fans.......he was one of the best crossers of a ball we had and a decent shot,maybe lacked a bit of pace, but still seemed to make room for himself to cross the ball, and never lost possesion.

Conway is excellent at this level, but because he doesn't beat a man people don't get excited by him.