Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and City's 2014/15 squad '

Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:19 am

Still not happy with that defence but we had strength in depth all over the pitch in other areas. I still think the playoffs is the best we can hope for.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:26 am

Zabier wrote:Still not happy with that defence but we had strength in depth all over the pitch in other areas. I still think the playoffs is the best we can hope for.

Steve, I feel exactly the same as you,defence needs strengthening, but we do have a strong squad, now over to Ole to get the results :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:56 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Zabier wrote:Still not happy with that defence but we had strength in depth all over the pitch in other areas. I still think the playoffs is the best we can hope for.

Steve, I feel exactly the same as you,defence needs strengthening, but we do have a strong squad, now over to Ole to get the results :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Yes, certainly. I should state that even though I'm not confident Ole is the man to take us up, I will be supporting him until the bitter end. He is a really nice guy and wants to play attacking football. Really want him to succeed with us! :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:57 am

Yes, it's vital that we strenghten the defence. We need one more central defender and it would be nice with one more defensiv middfielder (if Medel's not staying). I hope Ole get what he wants. Looks like we will get at least one more central defender: Fonte or Keane :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:07 am

I think defence needs strengthening however I think Connelly is a useful centre half, never use him as a rb IMO, maybe a loan defender if we cannot buy one

Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:12 am

:wave:
Blue Boy wrote:Discuss fellow Bluebirds are you happy with it? I am :ole: :ole:

' Goalkeepers ' :ole:

David Marshall
Simon Moore
Joe Lewis

' Defenders ' :ole:

Fabio
Declan John
John Brayford
Kevin Theo Catherine :wave:
Mark Hudson
Juan Cala
Ben Turner
Matthew Connelly :wave:
Ben Nugent (on loan at Yeovil)
Kev Mcnaughton (on loan at bolton)
Adedeji Oshilaja
Maximiliano Omondarian

' Midfielders ' :ole:

Aaron Gunnersson :wave:
Kim Bo-Kyung
Craig Noone
Gary Medel
Jordon Mutch
Kagisho Dikagchoi
Magnus Wolff Eikram
Mats Moller Daehli
Peter Whittenham
Joe Ralls
Guido Burgstaller
Kadeem Harris :wave:
Filip Kiss :wave:

' Forwards ' :ole:

Jo Inge Berget(loaned to Celtic)
Fredrico Macheda
Javi Guerra
Adam Le Fondre
Joe Mason
Nicky Maynard
Kenwyn Jones
Eiten Velikonja :wave:
Rhys Healey

and I would add to that list as well if we bring in defenders! :old:

Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:20 am

Brede Hangeland has not got a new club yet.... Just sayin :roll:

Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:02 pm

Sunnyboy wrote:Brede Hangeland has not got a new club yet.... Just sayin :roll:

Think we could do with him, especially in the championship! But saying that... we got promoted few years back with more or less the same exisiting defenders

Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:07 pm

Too many players. We are spoofin money up the wall unless we move a few more on...

Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:42 pm

One Welshman in the squad.

This is not good enough for our club & does not give the young Welsh lads at youth level much encouragement to progress when its full of foreign mercenaries.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:58 am

Otto wrote:Too many players. We are spoofin money up the wall unless we move a few more on...

They have already started to send someone away, and I guess there is more to come. We have got rid of some high wage players, and will get rid of one more. Excited about the New Central defender :ayatollah: