Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' CCFC Season ticket sales '

Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:09 pm

Over 17,000 which is a good total to be honest and we are almost back at the level we were in our Championship winning season, however the increase in ST price and the ending of the price freeze currently enjoyed by over 9,000 fans is a concern.Hopefully we will have a good season and that will not really then be such an issue.

Vincent Tan put the prices up at the start of this year without having a contingency pricing scheme to cover the possibility of relegation and that was a mistake that still could be rectified by putting the remaining season tickets on sale for say £100 less than they are now and offering the people who already have paid £100 off next seasons season ticket.

The increase in season ticket prices will affect the match day prices and make it difficult for the club to do deals, although I do believe there will be special offers for mid week games(or there ought to be anyway)

Having a 33,500 seater stadium only two thirds full might not be great but that is the situation now and as we all know success on the field will fill the seats, so its no good worrying about something we can do nothing about.What the club can do though is look again at the season ticket pricing and then the walk up prices...just my opinion.

Re: Season ticket sales

Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:13 pm

17,000 + and rising, there good numbers after relegation

Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:16 pm

i'd say 17,000 isn't to bad, and considering they're still on sale it might be more... anyone have an idea what our walk up crowds were like in the championship?

Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:17 pm

If we can remain consistent throughout, maybe offer deals we couldn't in the Premier League, such as bring your mate for a fiver or something? Or maybe more open days, then maybe we can bump it up attendances up even more. 17k season ticket holders isn't too bad at all

Re: ' CCFC Season ticket sales '

Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:22 pm

Corky, excellent sales :thumbup: , shocked how many.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:22 pm

It will once again be those who have paid for season ticket who will miss out. Deals will be made for cheaper tickets throughout season so no better off for buying season ticket up front.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:35 pm

Yes these figures were mentioned tonight at the CCFC AGM ,a pleasant surprise to be honest

The club offering the occasional deal should not really bother ST holders but no doubt some will complain personally once I have paid mine which I did early this year I don't mind some deals being offered providing us season ticket holders still get the better deal overall

Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:39 pm

Sorry meant to say supporters club AGM not CCFC AGM.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:49 pm

I suppose the more in the stadium the better. I would prefer a full stadium over half empty everyday.
This seasons prices were far too high however.

I would rather them not sell the upper tier at all and fill the main bowl

Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:50 pm

Very pleased about that, a lot better than some wanted us to believe. Perhaps there is a silent majority who are not so anti Tan and rebrand. I wish they would speak up.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:57 pm

Season ticket holders have to be offered the best deal on what's the point.
If I didn't have the price freeze I certainly wouldn't have paid the extra this season and won't be renewing next season but that's more personal that price.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:05 pm

Can you still pay monthly now or no?

Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:47 am

In fairness Vince was saying this months ago, I believed him as he's in and out of the ticket office so often he's prob got his own keys. Sometimes when I go in there he's behind the counter sorting stuff for CCSC. Not surprising he's in the know.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:48 am

So people saying we only sold 12-14 k were full of shit and just scaremongering

Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:22 am

The end of the price freeze next season is going to be a big concern for myself and many others,I'm paying £399 at the moment in the ninian that's going up to £529 next year,I put a tenner by every week to pay cash for it,but I also buy my son and 2 grandsons by interest free they're in the family stand that's about another £450 and rising,so without the price freeze I fear there's going to be many fans like myself who cannot afford to renew,also will it be the same price whether we are still in the championship or get promoted again to the premiership.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:03 am

After all the doom and gloom about sales not taking off, this is a breath of fresh air!

It should be bouncing!!!

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:38 pm

johnnyjan4-69 wrote:The end of the price freeze next season is going to be a big concern for myself and many others,I'm paying £399 at the moment in the ninian that's going up to £529 next year,I put a tenner by every week to pay cash for it,but I also buy my son and 2 grandsons by interest free they're in the family stand that's about another £450 and rising,so without the price freeze I fear there's going to be many fans like myself who cannot afford to renew,also will it be the same price whether we are still in the championship or get promoted again to the premiership.

same as me I pay £399 atm in the Ninian ,not sure if I can afford/justify the increase next season . Season ticket prices in this country are out of control need to take a lesson from German football on how to price a season ticket Bayern charge just around £130 for a season ticket!

Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:41 pm

between £439 and £689 is very high IMO for championship football. i suppose the fans will have to dip into their pockets to help fund mismanagement at the top of the club, even though it makes almost no difference to the amount of money at the clubs disposal.

taking £100 off those season tickets would cost £1.7m for 17k supporters.

absolute peanuts but would mean a lot to a lot of people... :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:49 pm

SwampCCFC wrote:between £439 and £689 is very high IMO for championship football. i suppose the fans will have to dip into their pockets to help fund mismanagement at the top of the club, even though it makes almost no difference to the amount of money at the clubs disposal.

exactly British football is too greedy and takes fans for granted . German football low season ticket prices respects the fans ,
bayern.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:59 pm

Not going to lie. f*cking miss going down the City. Don't get me wrong, loving the free Saturdays with the family but football is that unique thing that you miss when it's not in your life.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:27 pm

darran1927 wrote:
SwampCCFC wrote:between £439 and £689 is very high IMO for championship football. i suppose the fans will have to dip into their pockets to help fund mismanagement at the top of the club, even though it makes almost no difference to the amount of money at the clubs disposal.

exactly British football is too greedy and takes fans for granted . German football low season ticket prices respects the fans ,
bayern.png

fans are a revenue stream like any other aspect of the business.

even injury time has a sponsor at this club :lol:

a couple of years ago this club had amongst the most competitively priced tickets in the championship relative to comparable clubs. what a shame that its now changed for the worse :cry:

Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:45 pm

Shocked at those sales, thought it would be thousands less.

Excellent news.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:13 pm

Plus one more just bought one for my boy today £319! :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:17 pm

neilst wrote:Plus one more just bought one for my boy today £319! :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

So they are on sale still I think the club need to advertise this more

Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:55 pm

They told me sign the finance up as soon as I have email. But yes still on sale

Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:42 pm

So they are still doing them on finance to?

Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:00 pm

Zabier wrote:Not going to lie. f*cking miss going down the City. Don't get me wrong, loving the free Saturdays with the family but football is that unique thing that you miss when it's not in your life.

No one's stopping you. :thumbright:

Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:11 am

darran1927 wrote:
johnnyjan4-69 wrote:The end of the price freeze next season is going to be a big concern for myself and many others,I'm paying £399 at the moment in the ninian that's going up to £529 next year,I put a tenner by every week to pay cash for it,but I also buy my son and 2 grandsons by interest free they're in the family stand that's about another £450 and rising,so without the price freeze I fear there's going to be many fans like myself who cannot afford to renew,also will it be the same price whether we are still in the championship or get promoted again to the premiership.

same as me I pay £399 atm in the Ninian ,not sure if I can afford/justify the increase next season . Season ticket prices in this country are out of control need to take a lesson from German football on how to price a season ticket Bayern charge just around £130 for a season ticket!

Agreed,just wish the club would as well