Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Jo Inge Berget to Celtic on loan '

Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:59 am

Not seen enough of him to judge his ability but the fact Jones was getting game time ahead of him says a lot.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:30 am

Forever Blue wrote:
CardiffN wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I never rated him anyway, Ole's signing, at least Ole had been bringing better in. :thumbup:

Should have thought someone like you were more up to date Annis. Berget was never signed to be a instant hit and show the City players how to play football, he was signed for the future. Some quotes from the signing of Berget.

These three are not ones we expect to come in straight away and take the Premier League by storm straight away but they have cost more or less nothing so they are for the future.

Berget is a forward, only had four or five months left on his contract, so he came on a very good deal for us.

In my mind, he is a no risk-signing for Cardiff. He may turn out to be a success, but if not, it would not be an expensive failure for a club of Cardiff’s stature.

Mats and Magnus are players i know is capable of adapting fast as they already spent many years in English football, Jo Inge is more of a long term project. He was one of the biggest talents in Norway when Udinese signed him and hopefully we can get his developement in the right direction again. If not he came on a nominal fee and we wont loose money when selling. Win/win for all of us.

As you guys can see Jo Inge was never signed as anything else than a future prospect. He was signed by Udinese for a reason but unfortunately they didn`t follow up on him so his talent took a hit for a few years. By the looks of it Ole has found out that it is not worth following up on Jo Inge so therefore he looks to sell him on and Ole rarely does that without profit.

Well at the time he was signed we were fighting for our lives,were we not ? Did we not need players to play for us then and try and keep us in the Premier League? Was not that the most important issues at the time?

Not staying up in the Premier League was costly and I hope we can now get back this season.

Well that Scottish c**t before him spunked £8 million and £45k a week on a player with less ability but you won't ever have a bad word said about your precious Malky will you.

FFS

Re: Jo Inge Berget to Celtic on loan

Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:58 am

wez1927 wrote:
jon1959 wrote:Another striker gone.

http://www.celticfc.net/news/6334?

Loan to January with option to buy!

Who next?

Getting rid of the dead wood ,mason and velikonia next I think

Do you actually think Mason is dead wood? Have you actually ever seen him play?

Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:07 am

Just don't get it when a manager signs a player and doesn't give him a chance in the side Ole obviously knew him from Norway and yet he still didn't play him,why bother :evil:

Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:23 am

A few Sellic fans in my office asking me about him. Cant give them too much info really, not seen him!

Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:49 pm

johnnyjan4-69 wrote:Just don't get it when a manager signs a player and doesn't give him a chance in the side Ole obviously knew him from Norway and yet he still didn't play him,why bother :evil:

I got a feeling Berget wanted to leave. If you look into it he was linked twice in a few months with the same manager. The guy that is now at celtic was the manager of the Norwegian club Berget was linked with earlier in the summer. Like the quote upthread said ole viewed Berget as a long term prospect. Seems that perhaps Berget didn't have the patience for this. I don't think ole is at fault here, seems he gave them all an equal chance to prove themselves.
Even mats had to start in the dvp team, he played his way into the team through a succesion of strong substitutions and dvp performances.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
CardiffN wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I never rated him anyway, Ole's signing, at least Ole had been bringing better in. :thumbup:

Should have thought someone like you were more up to date Annis. Berget was never signed to be a instant hit and show the City players how to play football, he was signed for the future. Some quotes from the signing of Berget.

These three are not ones we expect to come in straight away and take the Premier League by storm straight away but they have cost more or less nothing so they are for the future.

Berget is a forward, only had four or five months left on his contract, so he came on a very good deal for us.

In my mind, he is a no risk-signing for Cardiff. He may turn out to be a success, but if not, it would not be an expensive failure for a club of Cardiff’s stature.

Mats and Magnus are players i know is capable of adapting fast as they already spent many years in English football, Jo Inge is more of a long term project. He was one of the biggest talents in Norway when Udinese signed him and hopefully we can get his developement in the right direction again. If not he came on a nominal fee and we wont loose money when selling. Win/win for all of us.

As you guys can see Jo Inge was never signed as anything else than a future prospect. He was signed by Udinese for a reason but unfortunately they didn`t follow up on him so his talent took a hit for a few years. By the looks of it Ole has found out that it is not worth following up on Jo Inge so therefore he looks to sell him on and Ole rarely does that without profit.

Well at the time he was signed we were fighting for our lives,were we not ? Did we not need players to play for us then and try and keep us in the Premier League? Was not that the most important issues at the time?

Not staying up in the Premier League was costly and I hope we can now get back this season.

Ole got rid of an expensive long term project named Cornelius and in return he got a new one in that had more to show for in his career and costed 40 times less.

So you are saying that because we were fighting for our lifes we should NOT think ahead and sign a player that was worth almost zero money because of his contract status?

I cant see that the signing of Berget interfered with us being able to sign a top striker. I do recall an interview where Ole said:

http://www.tv2.no/a/5253749

Gonna translate some of it for you:

Disse tre er jeg hundre prosent sikker på at kan spille i Premier League. Det er ikke Mats, Magnus og Jo Inge som skal berge plassen vår i Premier League. De er her for fremtiden, og for å gradvis spille seg inn. Men neste uke vil jeg prøve å hente noen spillere med Premier League-erfaring, sier han.

These 3 i am 100% sure will be able to play in the PL. But it aint Mats,Magnus and Jo Inge who shall save our place in the PL. They are here for the future and to gradually play their way into the team. But next week i will try to get in players with PL experience

Noen agenter og klubber tror vi har x antall penger. Men vi har hentet inn tre landslagsspillere til en billig pris. De har ikke spilt i Premier League, men de er landslagsspillere. Jeg kjenner dem fra før. Det er mange jeg vil ha og har sett på, men prislappen er ikke realistisk.

Some agents and clubs think we got X amount of money. But we have brought in 3 national team players for a cheap price. They have not played in PL before but they are playing for their national team and i know them from before. There are many i want and have looked at signing but the pricetag is not realistic

Spillere kan velge hvor de drar. Noen velger å ikke komme til Cardiff. Noen vil ha større ting. De norske, Mats og Magnus, jeg vet at de er kapable. Jo Inge er litt mer et langtidsprosjekt. Det koster ikke penger nesten. Det er en vinn-vinn-situasjon med en topp angrepsspiller, mener Solskjær.

Players can choose where they want to go. Some choose to not come to Cardiff. They want something bigger. The Norwegians Mats and Magnus i know am capable. Jo Inge is more of a long term project. It costed almost no money and it`s a win/win situation with a top forward.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:40 am

Loan star Berget is perfect for Celtic's

Ronny Deila
BY RONNY ESPLIN – 30 JULY 2014

Ronny Deila believes new signing Jo Inge Berget is a "perfect match" for Celtic. The Norwegian international completed a six-month loan deal from Cardiff City on Monday and went straight into the Hoops squad for the first-leg of their Champions League third qualifier against Legia Warsaw in Poland tonight.

The 23-year-old former Molde forward played for Deila at Norwegian club Stromsgodset and is happy to play "anywhere up front", and it is that versatility which the Parkhead boss believes is crucial at this point in the season.

Speaking at the team's hotel in Warsaw, Deila said: "I know Jo Inge from the past, we worked together at Stromsgodset.

"He is a very intelligent player, he is a player who knows my systems, he can play all the four forward positions – the two wings, the number 10 and number nine.

"So I am comfortable and I know he will bring something new to the team.

"We don't have many options in the wide positions and it is very hard these days when there is so much time left before the window closes to get people in and get people who know the way we want to play, so Jo Inge is a perfect match in that matter."

Berget is looking to achieve his ambition of playing in the Champions League following his whirlwind move to the Scottish champions.

"It happened pretty fast," he said. "I heard that Ronny was interested and I am really happy that it worked out. I played for him for a year and a half, I know him well and he knows me.

"He wants to play entertaining football, the same as me.

"I have been in the qualification (rounds) before but have never played in the Champions League so hopefully I can.

"That is the goal for the club and it should be, as big as it is."

While Berget was added to the squad, striker Tony Watt has left after signing a five-year contract with Belgian club Standard Liege for a reported fee of £1.2million.