Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jesus Christ Arsenal

Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:45 pm

60 million for Sanchez, Ospina, Chambers and Debuchy. Some good business there. Apparently they had a 100 million transfer budget so they could still sign khedira and balotelli.

If they were to sign those 2 players would they be favourites for the title?

Re: Jesus Christ Arsenal

Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:04 pm

Yes they are "Gunning for it" pardon the pun!!

Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:16 pm

they finished paying for their stadium now so have a bit of a war chest this summer , I think they will win the league personally

Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:24 pm

they've done well so far, just need a good striker (unless they do sign Balotelli) if they manage to get Kadheira!

Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:42 pm

Chelsea will win that league relatively easily.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:36 pm

If they have signed Jesus they could be in with a shout. :thumbup:

Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:29 pm

Surprised the popes named his team that. I would've gone for Vatican villa

Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:52 pm

They need a good centre back, good powerful holding midfielder and good striker. They still haven't replaced Adams/Campbell, Vieira/Petit and Henry/Bergkamp/Anelka imo. Without a good, solid spine, I think consistency will let them down, particularly against the bigger clubs. Ramsey was incredible last season and will continue to be incredible this season if he stays fit, but you can't expect him to single handedly win the Premiership for them without a top class enforcer alongside him.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:38 am

Crazy money. This doesn't do any favours to the sport. It just adds more air to the footballers' heads, and more financial pressures to the football clubs.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:31 am

Rebranding is getting ridiculous :laughing6:

Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:18 pm

Still wont win it and don't think they can match chelsea's squad!

Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:42 pm

CardiffBatman888 wrote:Still wont win it and don't think they can match chelsea's squad!

Chelsea's season all depends on how well Costa does in my opinion. If he plays like he did last season in la liga they'll win the league, if he plays how he did at the World Cup then Arsenal or Man City will.

Arsenal need to step up in the big games if they are gonna win it. Man City need to play better against the smaller teams :lol:

Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:59 pm

Yes, spending 20m on two Right Backs is genius.

I see only two good signings there, Sanchez and Debuchy. Ospina is a decent back-up, hardly worth applauding though. Chambers is 19 and has played a whopping 21 times in his career yet they spend nearly 20m on him instead of a striker which they have needed since RVP left.

Compare this side to last seasons and only one of their signings would get into that side. They've been very average in the market and I wouldn't be surprised if Wenger shut up shop now and didn't get the two key positions they need. Another 4th place finish beckons imo.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:09 am

Chelsea has had the squads, players a few times and haven't got the title.

Too inconsistent, worst part is they need to start using their youngsters as they seem the ones who are consistent.

Van Ginkel, Kalas, Lukaku are all players who would contribute more than the likes of Torres and Demba Ba.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:57 am

DandoCCFC wrote:Chelsea has had the squads, players a few times and haven't got the title.

Too inconsistent, worst part is they need to start using their youngsters as they seem the ones who are consistent.

Van Ginkel, Kalas, Lukaku are all players who would contribute more than the likes of Torres and Demba Ba.

Yeah you tell Jose as he hasn't got a clue! Lol

Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:29 pm

He doesn't really.

Lets remember he got 6 points v Man City, 4 v Arsenal, 6 v Liverpool. 16 points out of 18 v the top 4 clubs with themselves yet finished 3rd.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:37 am

DandoCCFC wrote:He doesn't really.

Lets remember he got 6 points v Man City, 4 v Arsenal, 6 v Liverpool. 16 points out of 18 v the top 4 clubs with themselves yet finished 3rd.

Your saying Jose Mourinho hasn't got a clue!?!!
I think he was relatively happy with 3rd as it wasn't really his team. This season he will have the squad he wants & will be aiming to win it.
I also believe Arsenal will be strong challengers this season for the first time in years as Wenger has finally given up on his policy of virtually only buying cheap prospects & developing them & moving on to buy top players.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:50 am

Liverpool will win it. Gerrard will get injured after about 6 games and be out for the season and then Liverpool will win it and he won't get an official medal because he didn't play in enough games during the season - also he will then retire in the summer.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:29 am

"Jesus Christ Arsenal" - wow, that's a rebrand and a half!

Imagine the merchandising opportunities to every Catholic in the world. They may be onto Something.

How about "Allah Cardiff City", wait let's not give Tan any ideas.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:36 pm

Green Arrow wrote:Liverpool will win it. Gerrard will get injured after about 6 games and be out for the season and then Liverpool will win it and he won't get an official medal because he didn't play in enough games during the season - also he will then retire in the summer.

Bold statement. You that confident about them winning it & Gerrard being out?
Lend me your crystal ball lol.

Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:36 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:He doesn't really.

Your saying Jose Mourinho hasn't got a clue!?!!
I think he was relatively happy with 3rd as it wasn't really his team. This season he will have the squad he wants & will be aiming to win it.
I also believe Arsenal will be strong challengers this season for the first time in years as Wenger has finally given up on his policy of virtually only buying cheap prospects & developing them & moving on to buy top players.

Happy with 3rd? A team who finished 7th the season before finished higher than them.

Mourinho ain't the king. :lol:

Di Matteo walked into a Chelsea team and won the Champions League, not his team.