' LAST SEASON'S SHIRT SPONSORSHIP DEAL '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby carlccfc » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:07 am

Just seen this on twitter, not sure how accurate the information is but it shows the huge gap in investment clubs in the PL receive through shirt sponsorship.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (138.36 KiB) Viewed 4830 times
NEATH BLUES

My Daughter was the first ever mascot at Cardiff City Stadium --->
carlccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: LAST SEASON'S SHIRT SPONSORSHIP DEAL

Postby Military Junta » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:15 am

Always thought the Malaysia deal was low. I was strongly rumoured when they started it that they turned down bigger offers from local'ish' firms
Military Junta

Re: ' LAST SEASON'S SHIRT SPONSORSHIP DEAL '

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:59 am

Whilst ours is lowest there is obvious reason (tans company) others are very low considering the clubs involved been in premier for several seasons and more!
pembroke allan

Postby Military Junta » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:01 am

pembroke allan wrote:Whilst ours is lowest there is obvious reason (tans company) others are very low considering the clubs involved been in premier for several seasons and more!

But what benefit is it to the club when they accept lower agreements than others on the table ? Even if it is part of tans empire they still should pay the going rate surely ?
Military Junta

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:23 am

Military Junta wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Whilst ours is lowest there is obvious reason (tans company) others are very low considering the clubs involved been in premier for several seasons and more!

But what benefit is it to the club when they accept lower agreements than others on the table ? Even if it is part of tans empire they still should pay the going rate surely ?

Agree with you was only putting reason for low deal! But look at sund/ncastle big clubs but peanuts deal really considering status as clubs ! seems need be top 6 to get the money
Think norwich is worst deal as aviva is norwich based!
pembroke allan

Postby Military Junta » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:30 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Military Junta wrote:

Agree with you was only putting reason for low deal! But look at sund/ncastle big clubs but peanuts deal really considering status as clubs ! seems need be top 6 to get the money

I agree that we are talking peanuts but it brings up other questions then doesn't it. One for example is that even through Tan says that he is no longer charging the club interest for his loan then could shite deals like this between the club and Tan be another way of charging the club for the borrowing ?
Military Junta

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:35 am

Military Junta wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Military Junta wrote:

I agree that we are talking peanuts but it brings up other questions then doesn't it. One for example is that even through Tan says that he is no longer charging the club interest for his loan then could shite deals like this between the club and Tan be another way of charging the club for the borrowing ?

Yes very true but he is not and will not be last owner to do similar thing. Pompey classic case
do
pembroke allan

Postby wez1927 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:47 am

Is the article right Carl ? Thought it was around 5 m million over two years
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Military Junta » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:54 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Military Junta wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Military Junta wrote:

Yes very true but he is not and will not be last owner to do similar thing. Pompey classic case
do

Agreed and to be honest I have more of a problem of him trying to cover the truths of what he is really doing rather than the value of the deal/s itself. Although I didn't like it to start with I would feel better knowing that the club was borrowing at a 6% rate rather than a 0% rate because it's repaying through shit deals that we may or may not ever know about!!! Let's be honest even through it was a strong rumour at the time, this is the first real figure which we have ever know about with this particular sponsorship deal and now we know it we find out just how low it is compared to others. So low that the second weakest deal in the whole league last season was still double the amount of City's.
Military Junta

Postby Military Junta » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:57 am

wez1927 wrote:Is the article right Carl ? Thought it was around 5 m million over two years

I don't think a proper figure was ever published: http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot ... rs-1828035
Military Junta

Postby carlccfc » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:58 am

wez1927 wrote:Is the article right Carl ? Thought it was around 5 m million over two years

Wez, I am really not sure.
NEATH BLUES

My Daughter was the first ever mascot at Cardiff City Stadium --->
carlccfc

Postby Military Junta » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:00 am

I even had my doubts about this back then!!! viewtopic.php?f=2&t=119322
Military Junta

Postby wez1927 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:27 am

I wonder if it could be stadium sponsorship as well the 5 million
wez1927

Postby Military Junta » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:32 am

wez1927 wrote:I wonder if it could be stadium sponsorship as well the 5 million

Are you suggesting Stadium AND shirt sponsorship for £5 million ?
Military Junta

Postby wez1927 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:38 am

Military Junta wrote:

the banners around t be stadium yes not the stadium name
wez1927

Postby JonCCFC » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:41 am

Tan is just using to promote his pretty country.
JonCCFC

Postby Military Junta » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:41 am

wez1927 wrote:
Military Junta wrote:

the banners around t be stadium yes not the stadium name

I can't see that as it would mean the banners then being worth £4.5 million if the shirt sponsorship was just £500,000 and it's the shirt sponsorship which is seen by a much wider audience
Military Junta

Postby Aramore » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:54 am

It was £7million according to a Malysian MP...

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/prem ... parliament
64JACK wrote:
ThomasC wrote: :lol: your my favourite poster :ayatollah:

Actually, your mine as well! The avator clinches it for me, as sometimes I do imagine I'm talking too a sensible lemon in sunglasses! :laughing6:
Aramore

Postby Military Junta » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:09 pm

Aramore wrote:It was £7million according to a Malysian MP...

It does say £3 million through for last season, So 'if' these two bits of information are correct then for last season that would mean the shirts being worth £500,000 and the sponsorship round the ground at £2.5 million. Now the Visit Wales sponsorship of the one stand was worth £110,000 and if you can try and compare the amount of advertising between the two then would I be far off the mark if I suggested that Malaysian Taxpayers money is actually paying for ecosway advertising ? Because there's no way the Visit Malaysia advertising is worth £2.5 million for last season alone if the Visit Wales deal was worth £110,000 ?
Military Junta

Postby wez1927 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:34 pm

Military Junta wrote:

It does say £3 million through for last season, So 'if' these two bits of information are correct then for last season that would mean the shirts being worth £500,000 and the sponsorship round the ground at £2.5 million. Now the Visit Wales sponsorship of the one stand was worth £110,000 and if you can try and compare the amount of advertising between the two then would I be far off the mark if I suggested that Malaysian Taxpayers money is actually paying for ecosway advertising ? Because there's no way the Visit Malaysia advertising is worth £2.5 million for last season alone if the Visit Wales deal was worth £110,000 ?

Visit Wales is only on one stand ,Malaysia is plastered everywhere over the stadium
wez1927

Postby Military Junta » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:43 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Military Junta wrote:

Visit Wales is only on one stand ,Malaysia is plastered everywhere over the stadium

Yeah but Visit Wales has sponsored the stand too hasn't it rather than just banner advertising
Military Junta

Postby neeball » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:21 pm

I'd imagine there is a lot more to the deal than just a figure
neeball

Postby lyndipops » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:51 pm

I remember when we were sponsored by Communications Direct, right bunch of rip off merchants! I should know I sold for them briefly and we used to butter people up saying we sponsored Cardiff City. Means bugger all just that they must have been pretty good at riping prople off! :roll:
"For an idea that does not first seem insane, there is no hope."

Albert Einstein
lyndipops

Postby goats » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:48 am

In fairness to Tan and I don't say that often he could have said it was 10 million if he wanted, he put the cash in in other ways after all. What did man city do? Half a billion in and then said it was sponsorship or something?
goats

Postby Cardiffcitymad » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:25 pm

Surely it would be in VT interest to have a higher price tag on the sponsor deal so he could greater claim tax relief?
Cardiffcitymad

Postby RFMH » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:36 pm

In what way is this a big deal? A previous topic stated tan was putting in £2mil a month to keep the club afloat (a damning incitement of our predicament if one was needed). So his 'sponsorship' is £24million this year.
RFMH

Postby Cardiffcitymad » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:02 pm

RFMH wrote:In what way is this a big deal? A previous topic stated tan was putting in £2mil a month to keep the club afloat (a damning incitement of our predicament if one was needed). So his 'sponsorship' is £24million this year.

Huh ? How do you work this out? The previous topic if I remember correctly was that Tan was putting in 2 mil a month to cover over heads, thats got absolutely nothing to do with sponsorship.
Cardiffcitymad

Postby wez1927 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:03 pm

RFMH wrote:In what way is this a big deal? A previous topic stated tan was putting in £2mil a month to keep the club afloat (a damning incitement of our predicament if one was needed). So his 'sponsorship' is £24million this year.

It's bollocks tan was not putting 2 million a month in last year ,the club are saying a 12 million profit
wez1927

Return to General Chat