Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' MARK HUDSON '

Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:00 am

He has had 3 managers since arriving in Cardiff, not including David Kerslake of course, and each one made him captain at some point.

Dave Jones stuck by Hudson when there were many calls for him to be dropped, Malky Mackay built his initial defence around the towering defender.

Ole had Hudson lead the team out against Yeovil yesterday.

But yet fans are still undecided whether he is right for us.

Media reports suggested recently that a couple of teams were interested in signing Hudson but nothing has materialised so was it just paper talk or have City turned down any advances ?

Personally I think Hudson will be a mainstay in the squad this season and will be club captain too.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=144438 :thumbup:

Re: MARK HUDSON

Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:05 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=144670 :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:07 am

Best defender we got, remember what he was like when we won the championship, best player in the league then, yes that was 2 years ago but he still has it and is a fantastic captain.

Re: ' MARK HUDSON '

Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:23 am

I know I'm not the only one but my opinion of him changed more than any other player that I can remember playing for cardiff. He his slow and turns slower than a cruise liner but the amount of blocks he puts in are vast plus he's the best organiser we've got. We were crying out for his leadership and experience last season and with a run in the team he could have been the perfect partner for caulker. I will have no problem in him leading out the team.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:46 am

cendl blue wrote:I know I'm not the only one but my opinion of him changed more than any other player that I can remember playing for cardiff. He his slow and turns slower than a cruise liner but the amount of blocks he puts in are vast plus he's the best organiser we've got. We were crying out for his leadership and experience last season and with a run in the team he could have been the perfect partner for caulker. I will have no problem in him leading out the team.

I agree, Caulker needed an experienced player alongside him last season.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:02 am

All this sentimental clap trap. Yes like everyone else in the squad give Hudson a chance, but we need two very experienced and quick central defenders if we want anything from this season.

I'd even think of playing Hudson in the middle of two new ones and let Ole have his flying wide men and attacking football.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:05 am

apart from the season we got promoted hudson was never really considered one of our best defenders.. people around me used to hate seeing him in the starting line up and thought he was a bit of a donkey. hes a decent player for the championship but there is a lot better out there. He does make a decent captain as he is vocal and experienced.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:08 am

Will never forget how well he played the season we got promoted, but also his shocking performance in the play off final where out defence collapsed.

I really don't think Hudson will feature as Ole's first choice centre half.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:11 am

i'd be happy with Hudson and Connolly at CB this season! felt more comfortable with those 2 than with Turner and Hudson!

Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:13 am

arri potta wrote:All this sentimental clap trap. Yes like everyone else in the squad give Hudson a chance, but we need two very experienced and quick central defenders if we want anything from this season.

I'd even think of playing Hudson in the middle of two new ones and let Ole have his flying wide men and attacking football.

Why do we need two very experienced QUICK defenders?? They are hardly going to be playing against devastatingly quick attackers in this league? We needed those last season :laughing6: This season we need to be organised and solid at the back, Hudson is the only leader at the club and is the only real captain. Yes he is slow, but he reads the game well and is an experienced organiser who is also a genuine and articulate captain to lead the club off the pich as well as on. :thumbup:

Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:18 am

I like Hudson as a player and (having met him very briefly) as a guy

A good captain for Cardiff City FC this season IF he is going to be a mainstay in the team

Knows what it takes to lead a team (thankfully us! ;) ) to the Premier League and more than a little hard done by last season IMHO given the 'hoofball' tactics of Ben Turner :thumbup:

Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:23 am

CalShepCCFC wrote:i'd be happy with Hudson and Connolly at CB this season! felt more comfortable with those 2 than with Turner and Hudson!

:o :o :o

Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:37 am

I think many of us are waiting to see if he can still hack it,if he can then great.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:22 pm

Kanester wrote:Best defender we got, remember what he was like when we won the championship, best player in the league then, yes that was 2 years ago but he still has it and is a fantastic captain.

Agreed :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:43 pm

Kanester wrote:Best defender we got, remember what he was like when we won the championship, best player in the league then, yes that was 2 years ago but he still has it and is a fantastic captain.

Common sense. He's a proper leader.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:47 pm

Hudson is a true professional. Perhaps not the most gifted but certainly a credit to the game.

Personally I think he is well passed his best and perhaps we will get another season out of him. If we get back into the premier first time around then that will be the last we see of him. If he does go now I hope it is to a club where he will get a few more seasons. Most likely a club established mid table championship or an ambitious team from league one.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:03 pm

great guy, great leader and a pretty good centre half. if we get someone in he will be great alongside them.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:53 pm

If we go up this year it'll be because of him. I'd love him to take us up as his final hurrah with us! Would be special. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:18 pm

He was a lynchpin in terms of presence and leadership in our promotion season and I remember how that when he was injured in the latter stages, how much we missed him. Obviously didn't get much of a look in after that and no game time has to have an impact but he's a tried and tested battler in the championship grind and so I think he will step up and play that role again and help to galvanise us into a team. For me, the key for this season is getting the squad playing for the shirt and each other - a good captain is essential for that and Hudson has proved that he is.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:34 pm

carlccfc wrote:He has had 3 managers since arriving in Cardiff, not including David Kerslake of course, and each one made him captain at some point.

Dave Jones stuck by Hudson when there were many calls for him to be dropped, Malky Mackay built his initial defence around the towering defender.

Ole had Hudson lead the team out against Yeovil yesterday.

But yet fans are still undecided whether he is right for us.

Media reports suggested recently that a couple of teams were interested in signing Hudson but nothing has materialised so was it just paper talk or have City turned down any advances ?

Personally I think Hudson will be a mainstay in the squad this season and will be club captain too.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=144438 :thumbup:

Agree with you Carl. A lot of our supporters under estimate Hudson.