Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Martin Ødegaard (15). New norwegian wonderkid.

Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:53 am

Ødegaard is to be the youngest national team player in Norwegian history. He has been selected for the team that will meet Saudi Arabia for an interational friendly match. The Norwegian team consists of largely domestic players. It is well deserved.

Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:00 am

Excuse me. Norway will face the United Arab Emirates.

Ødegaard has scored three goals and made six assists in the 761 minutes of league football thus far this season (and all time).

Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:36 am

Apparently Transfermarkt rates him the most valuable 15-year old player in the world.

Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:09 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/19/norway-martin-odegaard-youngest-player?CMP=twt_gu

Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:05 am

Seems he is on his way to Man U.

Straight back out on loan perhaps?

Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:28 am

Wayne S wrote:Seems he is on his way to Man U.

He won't go there if he is smart, even januzaj can't break into the team . Worst place to go for a young talent.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:42 am

LonCar wrote:

He won't go there if he is smart, even januzaj can't break into the team . Worst place to go for a young talent.

He will not be expecting to break in. He will get a season or two in Development and then a loan or two.

If he is expecting 1st team football he hasn't got his head screwed on.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:17 am

Wayne S wrote:
LonCar wrote:

He will not be expecting to break in. He will get a season or two in Development and then a loan or two.

I get that but januzaj is 19 can't get in the team, it's one of the worst club for bringing through young talent. Matsour is the same age as this kid he is already in the squad at ac Milan. Continental Europe isn't as obsessed with physicality easier for young technical players.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:18 am

12:11

Radamel Falcao may be the headline news at Manchester United but there could be another new arrival at Old Trafford today, with James Cooper telling Sky Sports News HQ that Stromsgodset starlet Martin Odegaard, who is just 15 and one of the most coveted young players in Europe, may sign a deal later.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:52 am

JamesC wrote:
12:11

Radamel Falcao may be the headline news at Manchester United but there could be another new arrival at Old Trafford today, with James Cooper telling Sky Sports News HQ that Stromsgodset starlet Martin Odegaard, who is just 15 and one of the most coveted young players in Europe, may sign a deal later.

The sporting director of Strømsgodset, Jostein Flo, rubbishes the rumour that Martin Ødegaard is leaving.

Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:40 pm

For those interested in seeing the most valuable 15 year old player in the world (acc. to Transfermarkt), Norway U21 are playing Portugal U21 atm. He's playing in a very free role behind the striker in a 4-4-1-1 formation.

What a litte wizard this guy is. More and more impressed every time I see him. Not too far-fetched to think he could be a CCFC player in a year or three, that's why I post this.

Link to the match:
http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?mat ... art=sports

Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:49 pm

apocalypse wrote:For those interested in seeing the most valuable 15 year old player in the world (acc. to Transfermarkt), Norway U21 are playing Portugal U21 atm. He's playing in a very free role behind the striker in a 4-4-1-1 formation.

What a litte wizard this guy is. More and more impressed every time I see him. Not too far-fetched to think he could be a CCFC player in a year or three, that's why I post this.

Link to the match:

Saw Man Utd linked with him over the summer so don't think we've got much chance unfortunately.

Thanks for posting though, looks an amazing talent :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:07 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
apocalypse wrote:For those interested in seeing the most valuable 15 year old player in the world (acc. to Transfermarkt), Norway U21 are playing Portugal U21 atm. He's playing in a very free role behind the striker in a 4-4-1-1 formation.

Link to the match:

Saw Man Utd linked with him over the summer so don't think we've got much chance unfortunately.

Thanks for posting though, looks an amazing talent :ayatollah:

You might be right, but I feel the advice Norwegian kids going abroad get these days are to join clubs where you get to play at a great level for further development, instead of joining a huge club with a great academy where the way into the starting 11 is long. So Cardiff in PL next season could be attractive for him. And Solskjaer will definately make the move abroad feel safer for these young lads. So I think (and hope) there is a chance! :thumbup:

:ole:

Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:30 pm

Odegaard is a huge talent.

But I wouldn't say he Is the most valuable 15 year old in the world.

That would be Hachim Mastour at AC Milan. Mastour is already in AC Milans squad for this season. Barcelona cadet B has that south Korean kid they call the new messi too

Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:36 pm

Tommy2 wrote:Odegaard is a huge talent.

That would be Hachim Mastour at AC Milan. Mastour is already in AC Milans squad for this season. Barcelona cadet B has that south Korean kid they call the new messi too

I'm not saying it, Transfermarkt is. And Mastour is sixteen y.o.

Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:51 pm

apocalypse wrote:
Tommy2 wrote:Odegaard is a huge talent.

I'm not saying it, Transfermarkt is. And Mastour is sixteen y.o.

Think they are only saying that because of that spoof RealMadrid story about buying him for 20 mill. A lot of people still think that was true.
odegaard and Mastour are the same generation,born 5-6 months apart. odegaard is soon 16.
Realistically if you were to buy, Mastour will be more expensive, a member of the squad in a major european club at 15 last may. He was the most expensive youth player ever when AC Milan bought him, last years youtube sensation. The Korean kid has rejected big money moves to Chelsea and Liverpool.

Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:51 pm

It pains me to admit this, but it seems that Ødegaard is better than Dæhli allready.
The difference is Ødegaard has more end product, and even better vision. He seems to be creating opportunities for goals all the time. Just imagine what he can do in a team with top players.

Don´t know if you are able to watch this outside of Norway, from tonights u21 game:
http://www.vgtv.no/#!/video/100702/se-fantastiske-oedegaard-mot-portugisiske-stjerner

Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:35 pm

:ole: :ole: :ole: :thumbright:

Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:36 pm

JetNorwegian wrote::ole: :ole: :ole: :thumbright:

:thumbright: :ole:

Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:41 pm

LonCar wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
LonCar wrote:

I get that but januzaj is 19 can't get in the team, it's one of the worst club for bringing through young talent. Matsour is the same age as this kid he is already in the squad at ac Milan. Continental Europe isn't as obsessed with physicality easier for young technical players.

true but the coaching isn't as good which is why man u train players and then lose them to teams who will play them

Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:43 pm

Principe wrote:It pains me to admit this, but it seems that Ødegaard is better than Dæhli allready.
The difference is Ødegaard has more end product, and even better vision. He seems to be creating opportunities for goals all the time. Just imagine what he can do in a team with top players.

Don´t know if you are able to watch this outside of Norway, from tonights u21 game:
http://www.vgtv.no/#!/video/100702/se-fantastiske-oedegaard-mot-portugisiske-stjerner

Context is important.They aren't playing football at the same level, daehli obviously plays his football at a much higher level. Possibly Odegaard is bigger talent but that doesnt make him a better player at this point in time.
To be fair on Daehli, the guy has 3 assist in 5 games for us this season, is it fair to say he doesnt have good end product? Thats pretty good going for a 19 year old don't you think? I don't even think he has been playing consistently well this season so i am pretty encouraged by his stats. When he is really on song it will be interesting to see what he can do. From what i read last season was his worst stats wise, back in Man U academy he was known for assists and scored goals.

But Odegaard looks an outanding talent, norway might have their bale and ramsey there :thumbright:

Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:05 pm

Dæhli is a great talent, but this guy is amazing. It is NOT impossible that Cardiff can get this boy, that is because of OGS and MMD. And a lot of money of course. :ole:

Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:07 pm

Northern Light wrote:Dæhli is a great talent, but this guy is amazing. It is NOT impossible that Cardiff can get this boy, that is because of OGS and MMD. And a lot of money of course. :ole:

I totally agree with you, its not impossible for us to get him with Oles Norwegian contacts etc :thumbright:

Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:30 pm

I hope you can watch this abroad. U21 against Portugal a couple of days ago. Incredible performance from a 15 years old.

http://www.vgtv.no/#!/video/100702/se-f ... e-stjerner

Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:44 pm

Dve wrote:I hope you can watch this abroad. U21 against Portugal a couple of days ago. Incredible performance from a 15 years old.

http://www.vgtv.no/#!/video/100702/se-f ... e-stjerner

I really hope our friends across the pond can see that highlight reel from the game.
Keep in mind that the youngest player in the portuguese squad is 4 years older than him. Its quite remarkable. He is something else. Hopefully the norwegian national team will hit a new high in about 5-6 years when both daehli and ødegaard hits their prime!

Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:40 pm

Amazing, only 15 years. What a vision and touch :thumbright: