Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Plymouth Argyle Lad

Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:08 pm

The official twitter is trying to get a bit of humour in their feed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Plymouth Argyle Lad

Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:04 pm

I suppose losing 4-0 ,you'd need a sense of humour :P

Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:03 pm

Fusilier52 wrote:I suppose losing 4-0 ,you'd need a sense of humour :P

To be honest, I've never quite understood why lower league teams bother arranging pre-season friendlies with us, as they must know they're going to see very little of the ball? Great workouts for us yes, but it's their pre-season as well. :?

Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:28 pm

64JACK wrote:

To be honest, I've never quite understood why lower league teams bother arranging pre-season friendlies with us, as they must know they're going to see very little of the ball? Great workouts for us yes, but it's their pre-season as well. :?

Your the type of side that would be good to play against, chasing the ball for large periods so will help teams with fitness and practising keeping their shape

Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:32 pm

KBK-13 wrote:
64JACK wrote:

Your the type of side that would be good to play against, chasing the ball for large periods so will help teams with fitness and practising keeping their shape

You've got a point. :thumbright:

Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:47 pm

64JACK wrote:

lower leauges wasn't to long ago Plymouth was a big game to you .

Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:01 pm

caztheturk wrote:
64JACK wrote:

lower leauges wasn't to long ago Plymouth was a big game to you .

Nor you either. But you've obviously missed the point. But thanks for trying anyway. :thumbright:

Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:19 pm

fair play to swansea their passing game is amazing, lots of lower league teams could learn from the 'keep ball' tactic

Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:05 am

64JACK wrote:
KBK-13 wrote:
64JACK wrote:

You've got a point. :thumbright:

agreed

Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:12 am

64JACK wrote:

You arrogant prick!!!! It wasn't long ago you were protesting about Tony Petty and had tin cans rattling for peoples lose change!!! Don't you realise that lower league teams relay on friendlies against better teams just to survive ? FFS I can't stand the mindset of the modern day football supporter!! :twisted:

Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:21 am

They tried that when they were over here in Minnesota ;)

although we ended up beating them 2-0 regardless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIt16B8KEMQ

:thumbup: :laughing6: :roll:

Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:06 pm

Svenman87 wrote:They tried that when they were over here in Minnesota ;)

although we ended up beating them 2-0 regardless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIt16B8KEMQ

:thumbup: :laughing6: :roll:

Well done fella , a proud moment beating a premier league outfit in a friendly in front of your highest ever crowd , no one else gives a shit but it was obviously a big thing for you , much the same as it not mattering one jot that we won a friendly 4-0 on the weekend

Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:10 pm

Military Junta wrote:
64JACK wrote:

You arrogant prick!!!! It wasn't long ago you were protesting about Tony Petty and had tin cans rattling for peoples lose change!!! Don't you realise that lower league teams relay on friendlies against better teams just to survive ? FFS I can't stand the mindset of the modern day football supporter!! :twisted:

That's not arrogant it's the truth , you lower league teams need to lose that chip on your shoulder :thumbup:

Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:19 pm

waddle wrote:
Military Junta wrote:
64JACK wrote:

That's not arrogant it's the truth , you lower league teams need to lose that chip on your shoulder :thumbup:

Of course it's arrogant, football clubs have a moral responsibility to help teams lower down the ladder to bring in finances during pre-season and many of those clubs live hand to mouth in hope that one day their luck would change. For any supporter of a higher team to question that kinda help towards lower league clubs is of course arrogant

Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:43 pm

Military Junta wrote:
64JACK wrote:

You really are a stupid little tw*t aren't you? My post was from a totally football and not financial point of view but you failed to see that as you didn't want to did you? Though if you wish to discuss it from a financial view then I will. This is not Bournemouth V Real Madrid we are talking about here whereby 11,700 people paid an average of £50 per ticket (including concessions), netting the club in the region of £600k. This is Swansea city v Plymouth Argyle where the gate receipts were probably no more than 25 to 30k and probably not much more than they would have got had they played a local rival like Yeovil for example. So despite my so called arrogance that is a clear admission that I do not see us some big club helping out the 'little guys' but just Swansea City who, the way they set up would give very little of the ball to a lower league club like Plymouth and it really wouldn't have been the type of game that they could put their pre season practice sessions to the test. Agree, or not? (sorry I've just realised that I reverted back to talking about football there. my mistake!)
As for being a 'modern football fan', I protested more than most during the Petty era I did my bit, and I will never forget those days. I was also a season ticket holder when we were forced to apply for re-election to the football league in 72-73, so theres nothing modern about me chappy! Oh and why the :twisted: ? Do football forums really wind you up that you feel twisted evil? Dear me, no wonder you never made as a politician! :laughing6:

Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:57 pm

You must like the sound of your own voice as were not interested.
When you need to tell people your powerful YOUR NOT!!
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :old: :old: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:10 am

So the guy posts that we have had a corner and how boring we are because his side cant get the ball,
We are arrogant for saying they are a lower league side.
So if a lower league side wants to play us and make some cash ? What he is saying is that we should not try or give them some off our players mayme?.
We keep the ball against top sides, thats how we play.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:31 pm

swansealad69 wrote:So the guy posts that we have had a corner and how boring we are because his side cant get the ball,
So if a lower league side wants to play us and make some cash ? What he is saying is that we should not try or give them some off our players mayme?.

Sadly you don't do it in their half.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:42 am

DandoCCFC wrote:
swansealad69 wrote:So the guy posts that we have had a corner and how boring we are because his side cant get the ball,

Gladly we do play football that has kept us in the prem.
And add to that we get highly praised for the way we play in the media world then its all good.
Remind me where u are this season again?

Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:11 am

It was just a joke on the twitter feed.

I only posted it because it was the OFFICIAL twitter for Plymouth.

There seems to be a trend amongst lower clubs to add a bit of self depreciating humour to their feed.

Have a look at the Hyde United Official Twitter, it's very funny.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:03 am

DandoCCFC wrote:

Don't be silly

Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:58 pm

Out of interest, what was the attendance at plymouth?

Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:11 pm

murphy wrote:Out of interest, what was the attendance at plymouth?

Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:12 pm

waddle wrote:
Military Junta wrote:
64JACK wrote:

You've reeled in Browny good and proper, well done waddle :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:17 am

Plymouth didnt play you to make cash Paul. The attendance was 4600 which is less then they average in league 2. The people of Devon dont care about your club or players.