Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

No profit on any Malky signings yet.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:39 pm

Despite Tonteg saying there would be.

As they say hmmmmmm.

Re: No profit on any Malky signings yet.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:41 pm

maccydee wrote:Despite Tonteg saying there would be.

As they say hmmmmmm.

I could of guessed that 12months ago but it dont supprise me :bluescarf:

Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:47 pm

Its a conspiracy.The C.I.A. Have given Tan money to accept lower bids from clubs owned by communist and muslim owners.This will force Malky to keep his mouth shut about information he gained from Dai Hunt about the moon landings being faked, with all the film footage being shot at Dowlais top tip.There is also evidence to suggest that Aldi is being backed by former german Nazi officers who intend to make up for not invading Britain in 1940 by making all uk supermarkets bankrupt.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:06 pm

Denzil wrote:Its a conspiracy.The C.I.A. Have given Tan money to accept lower bids from clubs owned by communist and muslim owners.This will force Malky to keep his mouth shut about information he gained from Dai Hunt about the moon landings being faked, with all the film footage being shot at Dowlais top tip.There is also evidence to suggest that Aldi is being backed by former german Nazi officers who intend to make up for not invading Britain in 1940 by making all uk supermarkets bankrupt.

one of the most sane posts today

Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:16 pm

Denzil wrote:Its a conspiracy.The C.I.A. Have given Tan money to accept lower bids from clubs owned by communist and muslim owners.This will force Malky to keep his mouth shut about information he gained from Dai Hunt about the moon landings being faked, with all the film footage being shot at Dowlais top tip.There is also evidence to suggest that Aldi is being backed by former german Nazi officers who intend to make up for not invading Britain in 1940 by making all uk supermarkets bankrupt.

Unfair of you posting this, Tonteg will believe every word of it.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:17 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:19 pm

He will make a profit on someone eventually. But his overall transactions I think he will make a pretty big loss unfortunately.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:25 pm

LINK :D

Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:36 pm

NIBluebird wrote:

LINK :D

tonteg is busy looking for the links..he be back later

Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:44 pm

With respect, i don't think any of them were signed with the assumption we would (a) be relegated, and (b) be out to make a profit :?

surely, they were all bought (rather unsuccessfully) to "do the job" of keepinf City in the Premier League?? ;)

Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:50 pm

What was the price the club paid for Campbell ?

Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:59 pm

Military Junta wrote:What was the price the club paid for Campbell ?

Usually quoted as £600k - although I think it was officially 'undisclosed' so everyone is making a guess based on press speculation and leaks that my be wrong.

On the same basis the 'buy out' fee that Palace have met has been quoted in different press articles and messageboard exclusives as either £600k, £800k or £1m

So probably Cardiff City FC have at worst broken even on the sale of Campbell.

The same applies to Caulker who was allegedly bought for £8m and sold for either £8m or £8.5m - depending on who you chose to believe.

Cornelius was a disaster.

Medel will probably be sold at a loss - but who really know what the club actually paid and who will really know what they get for him. Figures quoted in the press (especially the Italian sources) are all over the place and don't give any idea of basic fee + agent fee + signing on fee + multiple add ons, and often not clear if we are talking sterling or euros.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:08 pm

I always thought that signing players was primarily to improve the squad & not to make money on them. The players signed certainly did that.

Of course, Some of them were questionable about their transfer value, but that's to be expected when a club is known to be wealthy and when the owner openly tells anyone who will listen how much he's willing to spend on transfers.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:43 pm

Denzil you shouldn't be taking the piss he's becoming a celebrity now - our forums own David Ike!!

Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:20 pm

jon1959 wrote:

Usually quoted as £600k - although I think it was officially 'undisclosed' so everyone is making a guess based on press speculation and leaks that my be wrong.

On the same basis the 'buy out' fee that Palace have met has been quoted in different press articles and messageboard exclusives as either £600k, £800k or £1m

The same applies to Caulker who was allegedly bought for £8m and sold for either £8m or £8.5m - depending on who you chose to believe.

Medel will probably be sold at a loss - but who really know what the club actually paid and who will really know what they get for him. Figures quoted in the press (especially the Italian sources) are all over the place and don't give any idea of basic fee + agent fee + signing on fee + multiple add ons, and often not clear if we are talking sterling or euros.

So if it's at worst broke even then it's more likely a profit so this thread is bollox then

Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:24 pm

Conway? Gestede?

Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:56 pm

Sat-Nav-Gav-Bionic wrote:Conway? Gestede?

Profit! Profit! :thumbup:

Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:48 pm

maybe if he was allowed to stay in charge of the club, then maybe we wouldnt of needed to make a profit as we could still be premier league.... ;)

Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:52 pm

bluebird04 wrote:maybe if he was allowed to stay in charge of the club, then maybe we wouldnt of needed to make a profit as we could still be premier league.... ;)

if only he could find a chairman with the same confidence you have.......

Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:18 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:I always thought that signing players was primarily to improve the squad & not to make money on them. The players signed certainly did that.

Of course, Some of them were questionable about their transfer value, but that's to be expected when a club is known to be wealthy and when the owner openly tells anyone who will listen how much he's willing to spend on transfers.

Improved some parts of the squad. Some parts where we needed strengthening were left untouched.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:21 pm

Military Junta wrote:
jon1959 wrote:

So if it's at worst broke even then it's more likely a profit so this thread is bollox then

This thread is in response to a post by Tonteg where he said we would make a profit on most of Malky's signings which quite clearly we will not.

We won't even break even on most. Campbell's release clause is the price we paid for him apparently.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:22 pm

Sat-Nav-Gav-Bionic wrote:Conway? Gestede?

Both got for nowt and sold for nowt. Same as cowie.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:09 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:I always thought that signing players was primarily to improve the squad & not to make money on them. The players signed certainly did that.

This day and age Chuckles, it's both.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:36 am

maccydee wrote:
Military Junta wrote:
jon1959 wrote:

This thread is in response to a post by Tonteg where he said we would make a profit on most of Malky's signings which quite clearly we will not.

We won't even break even on most. Campbell's release clause is the price we paid for him apparently.

The release clause is £800k but the figure quoted in the media is a £900k deal so a £100k profit

Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:43 am

Military Junta wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Military Junta wrote:
jon1959 wrote:

This thread is in response to a post by Tonteg where he said we would make a profit on most of Malky's signings which quite clearly we will

The release clause is £800k but the figure quoted in the media is a £900k deal so a £100k profit

They won't pay more than the release clause why would they?

Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:46 am

Why not ? Even arsenal offered to pay £1 more than the release clause regarding Suarez last season so technically had that been accepted then it's still paying more than the clause figure itself

Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:09 am

Military Junta wrote:Why not ? Even arsenal offered to pay £1 more than the release clause regarding Suarez last season so technically had that been accepted then it's still paying more than the clause figure itself

Suarez's release clause was that he could talk to anyone who bud MORE than 40 million. Campbell's is 800k.

If a house was on the market for 150k would you pay 155k?

Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:12 am

maccydee wrote:
Military Junta wrote:Why not ? Even arsenal offered to pay £1 more than the release clause regarding Suarez last season so technically had that been accepted then it's still paying more than the clause figure itself

Suarez's release clause was that he could talk to anyone who bud MORE than 40 million. Campbell's is 800k.

If you are in a race with another buyer then yes. In this case more than one club were interested on Campbell and it's still up to the club on who they prefer to do business with whether there's a release clause involved or not

Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:15 am

DandoCCFC wrote:This day and age Chuckles, it's both.

No it isn't.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:38 am

Military Junta wrote:
maccydee wrote:

If you are in a race with another buyer then yes. In this case more than one club were interested on Campbell and it's still up to the club on who they prefer to do business with whether there's a release clause involved or not

Not true though. Once the release clause is triggered , it is up to the player which club he chooses to join and the club can`t stop him. So the successful bidder will be the club that offers the player the best personal terms.