OPINIONS :thumbup:

Re: What's your thoughts ?

Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:45 am

Forever Blue wrote:Steven Caulker sod for £8 Million

Gary Medel going for £5.5 mill :o :shock:

Personally I would rate Medel at £10 mill at least

And Caulker at about £5mill.

Problem is Annis is players have too much power now and contracts are not worth the paper they are written on, not much point paying a players wages if he doesn't want to be here, in Medals case he/his agent has done a real with Inter so ship him out for what we can get. As for Caulker good move by the club to get back good money,
Good thing to come out of all this is Tan is now watching where his money is going and allegedly not in peoples back pockets.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:51 am

don't think its wages in medels deal
alledgedly hes on 35/40 k a week with us
again alledgedly hes going to be on 1.8 mill a year
that's pretty much the same hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :bluescarf: :ole:

Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:51 am

Jules wrote:

Problem is Annis is players have too much power now and contracts are not worth the paper they are written on, not much point paying a players wages if he doesn't want to be here, in Medals case he/his agent has done a real with Inter so ship him out for what we can get. As for Caulker good move by the club to get back good money,
Good thing to come out of all this is Tan is now watching where his money is going and allegedly not in peoples back pockets.

Your right Jules, the contracts are all in favour of the players and without doubt the payers have to much power.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:25 am

Jules wrote:

If what you say is true, then why didnt it work in Citys favour when we signed Medel? Why did we have to pay over the odds to Seville? The fact is that we just paid too much in the first place. There was no one at the club who had any experience of the market place and how to play Moody Malky and Lim were all muppets :thumbup:

Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:26 am

I think we should play the waiting game. Silly season hasn't started yet and there will be pressure on clubs soon to bring in players. They will all have targets which not all will manage to hit so they move on to the next one and then the next one.... Just like we did with Wanyama then Capoue then medel. Tbh I'm surprised only inter are in for him so far after he was so widely praised at the World Cup. If Cardiff are clever they will be using inter's interest to make others sit up and take note.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:31 am

Trouble is the top clubs have been bending over backwards for years pandering to these players,for us its all a little bit new.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:03 pm

Caulker I think in reality is worth about 5m but the fact he is English makes him worth around 8m. I think 8m is his top value.

Medel I think is worth about 5m but after the world cup I was hoping for closer to 6/7m for him. I just want him sold though as I see his value dropping considerably if he become a championship player.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:10 pm

We haven't really won or lost money on caulker I don't think so it's not the end of the world as he didn't want to be here once we went down anyway, but Medel I would have said piss off for £5.5m and kept him on his contract until someone did pay the asking price. Think we jumped too quick selling Medel, the transfer window doesn't close for a while yet

Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:48 pm

Dalman's idea that he was a tough businessman isn't paying off much.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:07 pm

RFMH wrote:Dalman's idea that he was a tough businessman isn't paying off much.

And you base this on unsubstantiated claims on a football forum, or your knowledge of his extensive business career?

I'd take the amounts we paid and the amounts we receive when we sell him with a pinch of salt mate, all papertalk atm. :thumbup:

:bluescarf:

Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:11 pm

Caulker's release clause was 8m so how is it 5m?

Malky, Moody and Dalman are to blame. Unfair to slag off the current regime on such low incoming fees/no profit because they're not the ones who bought them. We underperformed last season, hence why players are going for so low

Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:09 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:Caulker's release clause was 8m so how is it 5m?

Malky, Moody and Dalman are to blame. Unfair to slag off the current regime on such low incoming fees/no profit because they're not the ones who bought them. We underperformed last season, hence why players are going for so low

I think Annis is asking how much you value them at.

Thats how I replied anyway

Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:36 pm

My thoughts are the club will fit the bill anyway no matter what we lose on a player bought and sold as TAN will want back what hes put in eitherway when he bails :bluescarf:

Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:25 pm

They were both part of a midfield and defence that shipped a bucket load of goals last season. Think Caulker is well over priced, and I believe we paid too much for Medel in the first place. If it wasn't for the World Cup, I wouldn't have valued him much more than £5 million, and based on his City performances that was probably closer to his true value. His Chile performances have certainly made him a greater asset, and if we can get close to £10 million I would take it, as I don't think he will relish playing in the Championship.