Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Some of you already on his back

Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:27 am

Cause Ole ain't got a clue regarding defending

Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:31 am

I think we would all be happier if we won 3 - 0

Fact is, we don't like to lose any game, friendly or otherwise.

Ole will know this and he has to take the flack. His skin is thick enough though. ;)

You can't tell anyone not to moan, it's our right to, if we wish. 8-)

Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:59 am

GENERAL CHAT wrote:I think we would all be happier if we won 3 - 0

Fact is, we don't like to lose any game, friendly or otherwise.

Ole will know this and he has to take the flack. His skin is thick enough though. ;)

You can't tell anyone not to moan, it's our right to, if we wish. 8-)

:thumbup:

Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:16 am

To each their own - it is a bit silly to see from time to time but I generally just :roll: now.

It's generally the same people posting the same things on both sides of the fence; not to interesting to me anymore :laughing6:

:bluescarf:

Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:18 am

Blue Boy wrote:Can't believe what I have been reading,so we lost last night,so if we lose every friendly, that's what they are friendlies and getting the squad to know each other and match fit.

So stop the moaning and show Ole Gunnar Solskjaer your supporting him :ole: :ole: :ole: :ole:

How do you explain our pathetic showing during the second half of last season then? Talent wise, Ole has a better squad of players than when we won the league by 8 points. Ole has been backed to bring his own players in. Ole must deliver now, no excuses.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:32 am

Ole showed he was out of his depth last year.he has done nothing to convince me that he is the right man for the job.gone by xmas ,hopefully sooner

Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:36 am

It's only natural to be sceptical about a man who has taken on his first big job as a manager and as yet made no impact. Friendlies are meaningless mind

Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:15 am

I've got nothing against Ole, pre-season is for fitness and then later on building your first XI and confidence of winning.

What I maintain is, we have 8 or 9 players there who are not good enough for what we require this season, they need shipping out, make room for more experience and quality (so maybe bring in 3 or 4?).

And these are who would go if I got my hands on the job:

Connolly, Hudson, Fabio, KWJ, Gunnarson, KTC, Berget, Eikrem,

Life is tough in management, you live and die by your decisions. No place for sentiment, whether they are a nice chap etc.

This is a business and we need early results or it will be a long season - and I don;t reckon Ole will be given long!

Just my view :old:

Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:24 am

I have always said that he would be gone by October/November because I have always thought he was the wrong man for the job not because of a result I'm a friendly

Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:26 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Blue Boy wrote:Can't believe what I have been reading,so we lost last night,so if we lose every friendly, that's what they are friendlies and getting the squad to know each other and match fit.

So stop the moaning and show Ole Gunnar Solskjaer your supporting him :ole: :ole: :ole: :ole:

How do you explain our pathetic showing during the second half of last season then? Talent wise, Ole has a better squad of players than when we won the league by 8 points. Ole has been backed to bring his own players in. Ole must deliver now, no excuses.

what now? in pre season? when he's getting to know his new players? have a word mate its pre season for a reason.

and you can explain the terrible results at the back end of last season down the the massive turbulance surrounding our club. i can not think of one club that is successful on the pitch when there is a f*cking circus off it.

have a little faith

Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:21 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

The biggest problem Ole had last season was to change the mind set of possibly the most negative city side I've ever seen.Thats something he couldn't do over night.He's spent nothing like Malky did and its only pre-season.I,ve seen us shit in pre-season only to be good in the season proper and visa-versa so man times now I'll wait a while before stab Ole in the back.By the way do you suffer from premature ejaculation.The way you spout off before putting your brain in gear makes me wonder. :lol:

Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:24 pm

We have had amazing pre-season and struggled and vise versa. They mean nothing to me, I'll judge Ole on the championship game and yes he has to deliver.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:37 pm

arri potta wrote:I've got nothing against Ole, pre-season is for fitness and then later on building your first XI and confidence of winning.

What I maintain is, we have 8 or 9 players there who are not good enough for what we require this season, they need shipping out, make room for more experience and quality (so maybe bring in 3 or 4?).

Life is tough in management, you live and die by your decisions. No place for sentiment, whether they are a nice chap etc.

This is a business and we need early results or it will be a long season - and I don;t reckon Ole will be given long!

You want to get rid of our highest assisting player?

Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:57 pm

isn`t football and Cardiff exciting? Some of you moaners just need to get back into it - annoying to read this forum after a loss, preseason or what not - so much doom and gloom,

I do not know if OGS will pull promotion off - I think we need to ship some out to be optimal - but it looks like an entertaining season ahead.

Be positive and get behind your team (I assume in general here, might be jacks who are the "moaners" and naysayers).

Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:00 pm

BanterLad115 wrote:
arri potta wrote:I've got nothing against Ole, pre-season is for fitness and then later on building your first XI and confidence of winning.

You want to get rid of our highest assisting player?

I do not get someone that wants to get away with Fabio - at least in pre-season he looks to deliver alot of great crosses by the line from long runs - I predict he will get us goals.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:02 pm

Sheffield Wednesday lost to a second division Russian side, Man City lost 2-0 to Dundee, Liverpool lost to Brondby.

Pre-season means NOTHING. You lose NOTHING.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:21 pm

Fabio our best player over the last dew games one of a minority who still played like they cared. I'm expecting big things from him this year

Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:34 am

PartyWithOle wrote:Sheffield Wednesday lost to a second division Russian side, Man City lost 2-0 to Dundee, Liverpool lost to Brondby.

Pre-season means NOTHING. You lose NOTHING.

Have to agree with you for once!!

Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:15 am

I have never met a non-anorak who gives a shit about preseason friendlies. Sure, it's nice to win but losing doesn't bother me at all.

No manager should be judged on friendlies.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:44 pm

redstuff wrote:isn`t football and Cardiff exciting? Some of you moaners just need to get back into it - annoying to read this forum after a loss, preseason or what not - so much doom and gloom,

I do not know if OGS will pull promotion off - I think we need to ship some out to be optimal - but it looks like an entertaining season ahead.

Be positive and get behind your team (I assume in general here, might be jacks who are the "moaners" and naysayers).

Well said :thumbup:

Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:04 pm

Friendlies are non-events as far as results go. It isn't for us to set the agenda for the team. That's the manager's job. The time to be critical is after bad results (or rather bad performances) during the season. Even cup games are not important if the club is pushing for auto-promotion, preferably in poll position.

I'm looking forward to the scrap!

:bluescarf: