Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Cardiff City's New Captain '

Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:58 pm

Turner, Marshall or Fabio for me :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:57 pm

I think Hudson is the only natural leader in the squad, but not a cert to start but then there's not many that are!

Caulker did well as captain and player under Malky but faded on both counts after Malky was sacked. In time he will make an excellent CB and captain probably for club and country.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Now that Steven Caulker has gone, who should Ole appoint as our new Captain?

Many expect Mark Hudson to take it, would you agree?

Another question, was Caulker the right player as Captain of Cardiff City?

Yes, I was disappointed with the lack of first team football Hudson had last season especially as he played a vital part with us going up........ & no Caulker should never have been the captain IMO.....

Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:08 pm

The heart says Marshall, but a goal keeper is often to far from the action. For me a player with a bite and passion, I would like to see Mutch step up to the mark.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Now that Steven Caulker has gone, who should Ole appoint as our new Captain?

Many expect Mark Hudson to take it, would you agree?

Another question, was Caulker the right player as Captain of Cardiff City?

Captain Marvel Marshall :thumbup:

No Caulker was a learner, and not the best choice....

Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:45 pm

I would go for someone who's heart is 100% Cardiff, always gives 110% and runs till he's almost ready to drop, leaves nothing on the pitch, for me it has to be Kenwynne Jones.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:11 pm

I like the way Turner speaks about the game in interviews and he always sounds very focused but if Hudson is going to be a starter then I think he should be our captain, he's very very experienced at championship level and obviously he's led us to promotion before.

Marshall would definitely be in with a shout, being in the Canton Stand you can see and hear how vocal he is, Gunnars is a leader but as much as I think he will play a part throughout the season I cant see him being a regular starter. The only other outside chance I could maybe think of is Javi Guerra, has a lot of experience in the La Liga and although it's a completely different league, the La Liga is a top league and having years of experience playing in a top league is never a bad thing, like I said outside chance. :lol:

Hudson for me. :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:56 pm

markeMark wrote:I would go for someone who's heart is 100% Cardiff, always gives 110% and runs till he's almost ready to drop, leaves nothing on the pitch, for me it has to be Kenwynne Jones.

:laughing6:

Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:03 pm

Ben Turner or Marshall.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:35 pm

Gunnarson?

Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:41 pm

Turner, past interviews hes done in Austria, speaks well and he enjoys playing for us, someone who wants the same thing and someone who will keep the team together on the pitch. :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:50 am

If David Marshall stays then he's worth a shout. I'd like to see an experienced centre back come in who could do it. It does show how much we are lacking leader-type players mind!