Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

4-4-2 will it work?

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:23 pm

Do you think this will work in the championship? My worry is that it won't work and teams will over run us as we won't have enough solidity to the team, not many teams play this way any more all over the world at top club level and at top international level.

We definitely need a holding defensive midfieler in the team I know that much and I think whittingham is passed it

Re: 4-4-2 will it work?

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:33 pm

BlueMagic wrote:Do you think this will work in the championship? My worry is that it won't work and teams will over run us as we won't have enough solidity to the team, not many teams play this way any more all over the world at top club level and at top international level.

We definitely need a holding defensive midfieler in the team I know that much and I think whittingham is passed it

Whittingham passed it? Wow.

The guy ain't even 30 and still bosses the Championship 90% of the time. Set pieces, penalties, passing, controlling and spreading the play he does fantastically.

Top teams play one up top nowadays because they have quality behind the striker to back it up and like to have have the midfield pressing high getting goals, it suits the better players for example Oscar, Hazard etc.

4-4-2 does work still works IMO.

I prefer 4-1-3-2.

Marshall.

Fabio Cala Turner Brayford

KD.

Noone Whittingham Daelhi.

Macheda Le Fondre.

That's what would be our strongest team if Noone was fit.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:34 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:
BlueMagic wrote:Do you think this will work in the championship? My worry is that it won't work and teams will over run us as we won't have enough solidity to the team, not many teams play this way any more all over the world at top club level and at top international level.

The guy ain't even 30 and still bosses the Championship 90% of the time. Set pieces, penalties, passing, controlling and spreading the play he does fantastically.

Top teams play one up top nowadays because they have quality behind the striker to back it up and like to have have the midfield pressing high getting goals, it suits the better players for example Oscar, Hazard etc.

I prefer 4-1-3-2.

Marshall.

KD.

Macheda Le Fondre.

Medel should be there as he hasn't been sold to date. :thumbup:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:42 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:

I prefer 4-1-3-2.

Marshall.

KD.

Macheda Le Fondre.

Whittingham boss the championship, he's way over rated imo and ain't bossed the championship for a while, never any urgency about him.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:23 pm

BlueMagic wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:

I prefer 4-1-3-2.

Marshall.

KD.

Macheda Le Fondre.

Whittingham boss the championship, he's way over rated imo and ain't bossed the championship for a while, never any urgency about him.

Malky ruined him as a CDM. Not over rated, more like not appreciated.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:39 am

"Whittingham passed it"? He's always passed it and he's very good at doing that. Whittingham "past" it? No way, plenty of life left in the old dog!

Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:55 am

yes but usually its side ways or back where it came from
stats mean fu..all you can use them to suit any agenda :bluescarf: :ole:

Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:31 am

Interesting post,

Apart from the OP's belief that Whitts is past his best, I agree that 4-4-2 is somewhat outdated :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:43 am

I'm pretty sure it will be a very fluid 4-4-2 if we end up playing it.

I'd like to see 4-1-3-2 personally but I'll leave it up to OGS :lol: