Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Pitch side / New stand today '

Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:25 pm

Looking good guys
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: pitch side / New stand today

Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:21 pm

first pic ive seen that suggests a restricted view from the top corners.......hope im wrong

Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:27 pm

simon.wiesenthal wrote:first pic ive seen that suggests a restricted view from the top corners.......hope im wrong

That's poor for a new stadium to have restricted view seats , it does look that way though

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:51 pm

darran1927 wrote:
simon.wiesenthal wrote:first pic ive seen that suggests a restricted view from the top corners.......hope im wrong

That's poor for a new stadium to have restricted view seats , it does look that way though

I have been saying this for a while,the end row of seats are at best dead in line with the goal line!!

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:58 pm

darran1927 wrote:

its a concern ive read from others.. just thought they were being negative......but looking at these pics it looks like whats been said is true.......shouldnt happen on a new build......i wish one of these people taking pics would actually check it out......

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:01 pm

simon.wiesenthal wrote:
darran1927 wrote:

its a concern ive read from others.. just thought they were being negative......but looking at these pics it looks like whats been said is true.......shouldnt happen on a new build......i wish one of these people taking pics would actually check it out......

considering only the middle aisle's are open this season, it wont be a problem! the aim of the expansion is to expand it all the way around, so once it is completed all the way round, there will be no restricted views!

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:03 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:
simon.wiesenthal wrote:
darran1927 wrote:

considering only the middle aisle's are open this season, it wont be a problem! the aim of the expansion is to expand it all the way around, so once it is completed all the way round, there will be no restricted views!

the last plans i saw didnt have the second teir going around the corners......3 individual upper tiers..ninian, canton and grange

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:18 pm

Each end of the stand stretches beyond the goal line.

Looking at pictures on google of the pitch from last season. The one goal line is just to the left of the 'C' on the aisle and the other is midway through the small block to the right of the 'F'.

This is the mock up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:21 pm

Wayne S wrote:Each end of the stand stretches beyond the goal line.

Looking at pictures on google of the pitch from last season. The one goal line is just to the left of the 'C' on the aisle and the other is midway through the small block to the right of the 'F'.

This is the mock up.

good..hope your right

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:25 pm

Found this posted on football ground guide,its gonna be tight!

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:29 pm

sgd666 wrote:Found this posted on football ground guide,its gonna be tight!

wont be seeing any bulges in the net thats for sure

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:46 pm

simon.wiesenthal wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote:
simon.wiesenthal wrote:
darran1927 wrote:

the last plans i saw didnt have the second teir going around the corners......3 individual upper tiers..ninian, canton and grange

you're probably right, I just knew it was all going to be expanded, just didn't know how!

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:04 pm

U are wrong, did u honestly believe some of the scaremongering about restricted views.Who do u think built the stand, bob the builder :lol:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:15 pm

JAWS wrote:

U are wrong, did u honestly believe some of the scaremongering about restricted views.Who do u think built the stand, bob the builder :lol:

the same people that build roofs that are not roofs?

Re: ' Pitch side / New stand today '

Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:39 am

Awful, anyone who thinks that belongs in a Cardiff City stadium needs a long hard look at themselves.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:43 am

ELY BOY wrote:Awful, anyone who thinks that belongs in a Cardiff City stadium needs a long hard look at themselves.

I disagree and think you should be the one taking a look. Seriously so negative all the time

Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:59 am

RYANBLUE wrote:
ELY BOY wrote:Awful, anyone who thinks that belongs in a Cardiff City stadium needs a long hard look at themselves.

I disagree and think you should be the one taking a look. Seriously so negative all the time

exactly, seats can be changed. i for one am happy that we are expanding.

it seems some want us to go back to 3k crowds in div3

Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:09 am

I have to be honest. I hate the rebrand and hated the thought of red seats but the more I see it the more im starting to like it. If we didnt have red shirts nobody would have cared what colour the seats are. So long as the old seats remain blue it should grow on us.
the whole ground really does look the part now. Try and stay positiv guys, we have to make the most of this because theres nowt we can do about it.

:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:56 am

RYANBLUE wrote:

Negative about red Bristol City seats being put in a Cardiff City BLUE stadium on the whim of some foreigner who has money. Please forgive me.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:47 pm

We have come so far since my dad first took me down there. Now we have a club to be damn proud of even contemplating a stadium extension. Reality check I think from where we were to where we are

Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:55 pm

RYANBLUE wrote:We have come so far since my dad first took me down there. Now we have a club to be damn proud of even contemplating a stadium extension. Reality check I think from where we were to where we are

I'm not proud at all. The rebrand is spoiling pretty much everything to do with the club.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:14 pm

There wont be enough sitting there to fill the corners. So everyone will get a good view sitting in the middle.Looking forward to the view when we play the german side, we now have a stadium to be proud of.

Will be good to see it full for the Super Cup game in August.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:26 pm

ELY BOY wrote:
RYANBLUE wrote:

Negative about red Bristol City seats being put in a Cardiff City BLUE stadium on the whim of some foreigner who has money. Please forgive me.

Your comments are not negative mate, your spot on, a red stand at the home of Cardiff City, The BLUEirds. Makes a whole lot of sense. :?

!!! :bluescarf: :bluescarf: !!!

Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:37 pm

Nice to see new ground being covered here lads... Well done!!! :ayatollah: :wave:

Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:00 am

GotMeSingingTheBlues wrote:
ELY BOY wrote:
RYANBLUE wrote:

Your comments are not negative mate, your spot on, a red stand at the home of Cardiff City, The BLUEirds. Makes a whole lot of sense. :?

!!! :bluescarf: :bluescarf: !!!

Cheers mate, unbelievable that some people still don't get it.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:00 am

AJ1927 wrote:Nice to see new ground being covered here lads... Well done!!! :ayatollah: :wave:

I'll fight for the true identity of my club til the day that I die thanks.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:25 am

ELY BOY wrote:
AJ1927 wrote:Nice to see new ground being covered here lads... Well done!!! :ayatollah: :wave:

is winging on a message board about the colour of seats really "fighting for your identity" though?

i think at best you're preaching to the choir and at worst you look like some knob complaining about seats inside a stadium you don't visit.

if you think that will change anything then your wrong mate...and thats coming from someone who hates the rebrand

Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:55 am

What else can I do? I've boycotted since West Ham away in the playoffs, I've attended all but one of the protests, I need to keep the fight going somehow as, sadly, in another two or three years of Vincent Tan I think the red will have become the norm.

I'll continue to fight, complain and try to get the horrendous rebrand changed as much as I possibly can.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:26 am

ELY BOY wrote:

I haven't told you to do otherwise...

My comment wasn't aimed just at you...

My love for Cardiff and this club isn't defined by a particular colour.
But to each their own.
But I won't blame other fans for this,or make petty comments about what fans choose to wear.
They're paying customers,That gives them the right to support their club how they deem worthy.
You've chosen to Boycott. Your decision.

But we've been here before haven't we ?

Hence my initial comment. :thumbup: :bluescarf:

Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:28 am

ELY BOY wrote:What else can I do? I've boycotted since West Ham away in the playoffs, I've attended all but one of the protests, I need to keep the fight going somehow as, sadly, in another two or three years of Vincent Tan I think the red will have become the norm.

I'll continue to fight, complain and try to get the horrendous rebrand changed as much as I possibly can.

Good on you mate :bluescarf: