Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' FREEDOM OF OPINION AND SPEECH '

Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:06 pm

Is there such in Britain ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' FREEDOM OF OPINION AND SPEECH '

Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:08 pm

I hate Celtic but this is wrong we havnt got freedom of speach anymore but t be government will let Muslim extremists practice on our streets double standards on issues

Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:10 pm

wez1927 wrote:I hate Celtic but this is wrong we havnt got freedom of speach anymore but t be government will let Muslim extremists practice on our streets double standards on issues

Wez, I hate Celtic as well, but this is beyond out of order :evil:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:34 pm

This is f**ked-up shit and downright oppressive :evil:

There never was any freedom of speech in this country, it's always been "you can say what you like as long as the establishment approves it". I'm no big friend of the Palestinians but I believe people should be able to express their support for them if they so wish, and express any views in public without fear or intimidation.

This country is badly in need of a Bill of Rights and a Constitution. I really envy the Americans in that respect.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:44 pm

Annis I hate Celtic and there vile supporters.

Whilst I do not agree with the worlds portrayal as Israel being the Liverpool of the Middle East,
Politics has no place in Football. No place what so ever.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:45 pm

Why would footy fans want to sing this ? Nout to do with Football. :?

Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:47 pm

They may arrest someone but they could never prosecute for chanting free Palestine or waving a Palestinian flag.The police could also face action for wrongful arrest.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:39 pm

Well done Annis......it just gets worst.

As I said before......never buy anything produced by Israel and don't spend a penny at Tesco
That's the way my family protest. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:15 pm

Freedom of speech is fine except when its likely to incite violence and when it is intending to incite violence,I mean,when other clubs fans mocked us about aberfan we didn't think that was OK for them to express their freedom of speech did we.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:17 pm

And Palestine are complete angels aren't they bless them :roll: :roll:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:41 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:And Palestine are complete angels aren't they bless them :roll: :roll:

Good point and if Hamas had isreals fire power they'd be killing as many Jews as they could.a good start would be to stop the rockets into Israel and Israel to stop the settlements.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:39 pm

There is no freedom of opinion or speech in the UK, if you dare to make a valid, negative statement about Islam.

StT.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:47 pm

celtic have always been terrorist supporting scum.......so no change there

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:57 pm

should this freedom of speech have extended to the I.R.A. flags and slogans taken into Celtic park.????????

or is it just freedom of speech if its your opinion.............

Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:07 am

We enjoy huge freedoms in this country and when you look at the constraints some people are put under in many parts of the world, I think we should be thankful.

However, freedom of speech is a bit of an urban myth as far as the UK is concerned. In this respect, we have far less freedom than US citizens. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, because they are obliged by their own constitution to protect the right to free speech of, for example, The KKK or neo-Nazi groups.

If you go to a football match and make a gesture recognised as a racist, sexist or otherwise offensive signal, you can be arrested. Maybe the Palestinian chants and flags are being regarded as the same thing. ????

Many say politics shouldn't be brought into sport, but with TV/media coverage ever-present, sport can't live in a bubble unfortunately.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:00 am

Woodville Willie wrote:We enjoy huge freedoms in this country and when you look at the constraints some people are put under in many parts of the world, I think we should be thankful.

However, freedom of speech is a bit of an urban myth as far as the UK is concerned. In this respect, we have far less freedom than US citizens. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, because they are obliged by their own constitution to protect the right to free speech of, for example, The KKK or neo-Nazi groups.

If you go to a football match and make a gesture recognised as a racist, sexist or otherwise offensive signal, you can be arrested. Maybe the Palestinian chants and flags are being regarded as the same thing. ????

Many say politics shouldn't be brought into sport, but with TV/media coverage ever-present, sport can't live in a bubble unfortunately.

good post.........the strange thing is,its the same people that will say how the hell is THAT allowed in our country over supporting one group of terrorists or extremists , that will then be the loudsest and protest in support of another......

Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:05 am

FREEDOM OF SPEACH..............well there was a post on here earlier re the UN considering taking Israel on for war crimes...........i posted the rest of the UN quote regarding Hamas,s indiscriminate bombing of israely civilians.......
it seems to have been censored????????????
free speach surely must be both views, and certainly if a body like the UN makes comment.........ALL the comment not just the bits you like.........
this killing needs to stop......and ALL the people doing the killing need to want to stop.......

Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:06 am

simon.wiesenthal wrote:FREEDOM OF SPEACH..............well there was a post on here earlier re the UN considering taking Israel on for war crimes...........i posted the rest of the UN quote regarding Hamas,s indiscriminate bombing of israely civilians.......
free speach surely must be both views, and certainly if a body like the UN makes comment.........ALL the comment not just the bits you like.........
this killing needs to stop......and ALL the people doing the killing need to want to stop.......

I always respect all opinions, I just don't agree with anything Israel are doing.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
simon.wiesenthal wrote:FREEDOM OF SPEACH..............well there was a post on here earlier re the UN considering taking Israel on for war crimes...........i posted the rest of the UN quote regarding Hamas,s indiscriminate bombing of israely civilians.......

I always respect all opinions, I just don't agree with anything Israel are doing.

not in this case............you took PART of a UN statement and posted it.....i then posted the rest of the statement...and it got deleted..............it wasnt a mental rant from some of the fools..it was a UN official....only being critical of one side is not free speach...........

Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:41 pm

simon.wiesenthal wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

not in this case............you took PART of a UN statement and posted it.....i then posted the rest of the statement...and it got deleted..............it wasnt a mental rant from some of the fools..it was a UN official....only being critical of one side is not free speach...........

If you want to an express a view that the Israelis are acting in accordance to the UN charter then that is fine. Freedom of speach :thumbright: :thumbright:

Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:42 pm

simon.wiesenthal wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I never deleted anything? I just put up what I heard on Sky News :thumbup:

Please post what got deleted ?

Or are u derailing the topic Hmm ?

Just looked in mods logs,nothing on This topic has been deleted. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I respect your posts :thumbup:

I've always Respected your posts and Topics :thumbright:

Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:14 pm

simon.wiesenthal wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Simon, I have checked the logs and none of posts have been edited or deleted.

Searching through your posts you have posted in 3 threads on this topic, will you search your own posts in case you are mistaken which thread you posted :thumbup:

Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:55 pm

Whilst I do not agree with the worlds portrayal as Israel being the Liverpool of the Middle East,
Politics has no place in Football. No place what so ever.

And yet this football forum is full of political crap.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
simon.wiesenthal wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I never deleted anything? I just put up what I heard on Sky News :thumbup:

Please post what got deleted ?

Or are u derailing the topic Hmm ?

Just looked in mods logs,nothing on This topic has been deleted. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I respect your posts :thumbup:

I've always Respected your posts and Topics :thumbright:[/quote

you are correct, as is Carl.........i thought it was a new thread but ive found the 2 posts in amongst the threads already up.........i apologise , feel free to delete the false accusations.............

Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:13 pm

Hang on, aren't there different laws surrounding this in Scotland rather than it being a 'British' thing due to the sectarian divide up there..?

Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:57 pm

Military Junta wrote:Hang on, aren't there different laws surrounding this in Scotland rather than it being a 'British' thing due to the sectarian divide up there..?

I think that is right, but how can the police there describe the display of Palestinian flags and chants of 'Free Palestine' as SECTARIAN? They have claimed that it is 'offensive behaviour' and 'threatening communication'. At least I understand what the argument is there - even if it is total bollux - there is no definition of 'sectarianism' that applies to this.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:35 pm

jon1959 wrote:
Military Junta wrote:Hang on, aren't there different laws surrounding this in Scotland rather than it being a 'British' thing due to the sectarian divide up there..?

I think that is right, but how can the police there describe the display of Palestinian flags and chants of 'Free Palestine' as SECTARIAN? They have claimed that it is 'offensive behaviour' and 'threatening communication'. At least I understand what the argument is there - even if it is total bollux - there is no definition of 'sectarianism' that applies to this.

Exactly what I was thinking but lets not let the truth get in the way of a possible good thread hey ;)

Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:03 pm

http://www.good-deed.co.uk/2014/07/asda ... a-t-shirt/

Asda refusing entry to customers wearing protest tee-Shirts.

Wonder if they'll ban the ccsc shirt in Leckwith. :twisted:

Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:54 pm

simon.wiesenthal wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:We enjoy huge freedoms in this country and when you look at the constraints some people are put under in many parts of the world, I think we should be thankful.

good post.........the strange thing is,its the same people that will say how the hell is THAT allowed in our country over supporting one group of terrorists or extremists , that will then be the loudsest and protest in support of another......

Ta Simon. It's a can of worms. I can't pretend to fully understand the situation both sides. Either way, kids and women are being killed and that's just plain wrong. I will just remain respectfully silent on this one I think.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:11 pm

This us just awful and clearly shows the extent of the Zionist power in terms of their firn grip on the World's elite. This smacks of the Bilderberg influence.

My God, if ordinary, uncomplcated people cannot protest about the horror of indiscriminate and senseless murder of innocent lives where on earth is this leading the human race. We should all remember it will not be the efforts of vested interests such as your Barack Obamas, Benjamin Netinyahus, Tony Blairs or Mohammad Abbas who will finally end this blight on the name if humanity, it will rest upon us ordinary folk to overturn the establishment and to say enough is enough!

Finally, a word to the poster calling himself Simon Wiesentahl. I understand you are a Jewish sympathiser and indeed may in fact be Jewish yourself. There is no shame in that and you should be free to air your views, and I also understand your destiny as a race is to consider yourselves besieged and villified by the rest of the world. I have some sympathy with your collective plight. However, you have chosen to assume the name of a great man, who will go down in history as a champion of the poor voiceless innocents massacred by evil tyranny. As long as there is breath in my body I shall never believe this great man would approve of the state of Israel morphing into the same evil entity by adopting a policy of terror!