Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

AWFUL FEELING

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:29 pm

.....after this season's pre seasons so far that nothing has changed my mind how the season will unfold. I expect us to win games 5 -3 and lose some 6 - 4. I was hoping that there would be some strategy and organisation to stop us being a soft touch ! Today again like last season nobody accepted responsibilty and yet again there didn't appear to be a captain anywhere. We need an experienced mid fielder that the rest of the team can look to for guidance and inspiration. Too often today atrocious passes were hit anywhere because yet we looked like a team of individuals and had not played together before. Amkar wanted the ball and were more determined than us. I fear for next season, i was hoping that some steel would be brought into the team and build from the back as its clean sheets and not goals that eventually get you promoted.

Re: AWFUL FEELING

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:31 pm

Blue Steel wrote:.....after this season's pre seasons so far that nothing has changed my mind how the season will unfold. I expect us to win games 5 -3 and lose some 6 - 4. I was hoping that there would be some strategy and organisation to stop us being a soft touch ! Today again like last season nobody accepted responsibilty and yet again there didn't appear to be a captain anywhere. We need an experienced mid fielder that the rest of the team can look to for guidance and inspiration. Too often today atrocious passes were hit anywhere because yet we looked like a team of individuals and had not played together before. Amkar wanted the ball and were more determined than us. I fear for next season, i was hoping that some steel would be brought into the team and build from the back as its clean sheets and not goals that eventually get you promoted.

Good post but do not expect anything other than " Its all about fitness " replys and pre season does not matter as the players cross the line not looking for results some think on here :laughing6: . :bluescarf:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:35 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
Blue Steel wrote:.....after this season's pre seasons so far that nothing has changed my mind how the season will unfold. I expect us to win games 5 -3 and lose some 6 - 4. I was hoping that there would be some strategy and organisation to stop us being a soft touch ! Today again like last season nobody accepted responsibilty and yet again there didn't appear to be a captain anywhere. We need an experienced mid fielder that the rest of the team can look to for guidance and inspiration. Too often today atrocious passes were hit anywhere because yet we looked like a team of individuals and had not played together before. Amkar wanted the ball and were more determined than us. I fear for next season, i was hoping that some steel would be brought into the team and build from the back as its clean sheets and not goals that eventually get you promoted.

Good post but do not expect anything other than " Its all about fitness " replys and pre season does not matter as the players cross the line not looking for results some think on here :laughing6: . :bluescarf:

It's all about fitness at this stage of the season Ian! ;)

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:38 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:

On that basis if we had won 7-0 all our friendlies by your reconing we will storm champ? :lol: get real they are only friendlies :thumbup:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:40 pm

KG hasn't had the opportunity to play yet...

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:41 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:

It's all about fitness at this stage of the season Ian! ;)

Yep results do not matter at all in any pre season sport its about getting fit :laughing6:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:42 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:

On that basis if we had won 7-0 all our friendlies by your reconing we will storm champ? :lol: get real they are only friendlies :thumbup:

I doubt we could storm div two with ole at the helm :bluescarf:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:48 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:

Ah well its good to see the optimism is still alive! :laughing6:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:49 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:

Fitness and match practice are the 2 most important things about pre season, but today's defensive frailties, should reinforce it into Ole's mind, that if he didn't know it already, he needs to concentrate more on our defence than any other priorities!

Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:32 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:

You have to see hope there to be optimistic and in ole i see neither from the players sadly but lets hope im wrong :bluescarf:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:40 pm

I am a positive person and see things as they are, we've got big problems. There is no hunger and desire and never say die attitude in Ole's teams, its as though they expect the results to come even without any hard graft, i hope i'm massively wrong !

Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:44 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:

You have to see hope there to be optimistic and in ole i see neither from the players sadly but lets hope im wrong :bluescarf:

I can see why a lot of our fans have little faith in Ole, as we have arguably the best squad in the Championship and certainly the biggest squad, but it's about how those players are organised and coached is going to be crucial IMO!

If Ole goes all out attacking like he did last season, then we're going to need a better organised defence than we had under him last season!

I think it's obvious we need at least another centre back to reinforce the team and that's why personally, I can't see Hudson playing for us as first choice, once the transfer window closes, or possibly earlier!

Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:53 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:

You have to see hope there to be optimistic and in ole i see neither from the players sadly but lets hope im wrong :bluescarf:[

but your basing all this on meaningless friendlies? As i said if won all 7-0 you would not have same view as you do now! Simples :laughing6:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:53 pm

You're dead right, i mean last season both Hull and Palace had inferior squads to ours but both stayed up cos they were organised. Ole isn't a fool but all out attack just wont work, that's what i'm concerned about.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:56 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:

You have to see hope there to be optimistic and in ole i see neither from the players sadly but lets hope im wrong :bluescarf:[

but your basing all this on meaningless friendlies? As i said if won all 7-0 you would not have same view as you do now! Simples :laughing6:

Well of course not as football is a results game is it not. its ok people saying " Its only a fitness thing" if thats the bloody case stay at home and play 11 vs 11 from the squad. tell me any sports man or woman who go out there to compete but not win. that excuse is a lame one imo sorry. its not about just NOW alan the players give up last season under ole and i see nothing diffrent this season :bluescarf:

Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:12 am

Blue Steel wrote:Today again like last season nobody accepted responsibilty and yet again there didn't appear to be a captain anywhere. We need an experienced mid fielder that the rest of the team can look to for guidance and inspiration

We have signed that experienced midfielder that we needed but he has not played yet. Kagisho Dikagcoi (sp?), is exactly the midfielder that you, me and a lot of other people think we badly need. It was his determination, engine, drive, influence, consistency, etc, that helped Palace maintain their Premiership status and so much more that they achieved last season. Everybody picked Palace as one of the favourites for relegation last season but they did much better than that. Their home form was brilliant last season and KD played a big part in achieving some brilliant wins and some great draws for them. Mile Jedinak took most of the plaudits and praise from a lot of the football pundits and people involved in football. One of the main reasons why Jedinak was so great last season was because he had KD alongside him, breaking up the play and starting his fare share of the the attacks. I think KD will becom e a fans favourite and an extremely important member of the starting oeleven next season. I would not be surprised at all - now that Steven Caulker has left the club - if Ole made KD our New Captain.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:33 am

Bluebird1977 wrote:

Spot on Ian :lol: