Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cala MUST Start

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:10 pm

Hudson and Turner looked awful today, not that im basing my decision off this one performance but i also really like Cala.
He impressed me last season and should start alongside Turner in my opinion.

Also, Brayford got torn to pieces by their left winger today and it reinforces my concerns about Ole's decision to allow Kev to leave.

We must sort out our defensive issues if we are to have any chances of challenging for promotion next season. :ayatollah:

Re: Cala MUST Start

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:12 pm

i'd like to see hudson cala, im not a fan of turner to be honest.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:16 pm

bluebird04 wrote:i'd like to see hudson cala, im not a fan of turner to be honest.

He does a job at Championship level. Does look for the long ball too often, rather than the easy pass sidewards, but apart from that, he's pretty solid.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:09 pm

Cala is suspended v Blackburn.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:22 pm

Don't think Brayford got any help whatsoever, trying to push forward and defend on his own.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:31 am

Brayford Fonte Keane Fabio

Turner & Hudson are slow as fook

Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:36 am

bluebird04 wrote:i'd like to see hudson cala, im not a fan of turner to be honest.

Inclined to agree once his 'ban' is over, TBH :thumbup:

I don't mind turner as a defender, but his relentless 'hoofing' of the ball up to our ineffective front-line last season p***ed me off more than any other thing last season and contributed in a lot of successful counter-attacks from Premier League teams who are set up to do EXACTLY that! :roll:

Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:37 am

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Brayford Fonte Keane Fabio

Turner & Hudson are slow as fook

Turner isn't slow, he's just a bit cumbersome in possession!

Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:51 am

Sven wrote:

Inclined to agree once his 'ban' is over, TBH :thumbup:

I don't mind turner as a defender, but his relentless 'hoofing' of the ball up to our ineffective front-line last season p***ed me off more than any other thing last season and contributed in a lot of successful counter-attacks from Premier League teams who are set up to do EXACTLY that! :roll:

The problem is Sven, that other players have to make themselves available to receive the ball and especially when we get closed down!

Unfortunately, a lot of our players stand around expecting the ball to come to them, but won't go out of their way to make it easier for the man in possession, whether this is Turner or ANother, to get the ball to them!

A prime example was the goal we conceded last season (can't remember who it was against, possibly Hull though), which turned out to be Eikrem's last start, where Taylor should have dropped back to offer himself as an easier option to pass to, but stood there like a statue and Eikrem ended up getting his pass intercepted and it cost us the first goal and possibly ultimately the match!

Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:06 pm

Certainly we have problems in central defence.
all 3 are slightly bogus and have at least ine attribute that is a bit sketchy
we need someone oozing with reliability and consistency who can be trusted to deal with the threats almost every time

Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:06 pm

Certainly we have problems in central defence.
all 3 are slightly bogus and have at least ine attribute that is a bit sketchy
we need someone oozing with reliability and consistency who can be trusted to deal with the threats almost every time