Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Steven Caulker officially QPR player '

Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:37 pm

https://twitter.com/tonyfernandes/statu ... 9475041280

Defender signs four year deal with West Londoners.

Centre-half Steven Caulker has this evening completed a permanent transfer to Queen's Park Rangers Football Club, for an undisclosed fee.

Cardiff City Football Club would like to thank Steven for his tremendous contribution during our season in the Barclays Premier League and wish him the very best going forward, for Club and Country.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Caulker officially QPR player

Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:57 pm

Defender signs four year deal with West Londoners.

Centre-half Steven Caulker has this evening completed a permanent transfer to Queen's Park Rangers Football Club, for an undisclosed fee.

Cardiff City Football Club would like to thank Steven for his tremendous contribution during our season in the Barclays Premier League and wish him the very best going forward, for Club and Country.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:04 pm

Thanks Caulker :ayatollah:

With hindsight not sure he should have been our Captain.

A real Captain would still be in the trenches with us.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:17 pm

No doubt with a relegation release clause. Better off without players like Caulker, Medel and Campbell who don't have the stomach for a fight to get us promoted. :wave:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:20 pm

He"s probably got a relegation clause in the QPR contract too.He could become just another journeyman . Chasing the money and premier league football. Could become another Roger Johnson relegated 2 years running .

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:21 pm

He"s probably got a relegation clause in the QPR contract too.He could become just another journeyman . Chasing the money and premier league football. Could become another Roger Johnson relegated 2 years running .

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:37 pm

A good player for us but don't begrudge him this move and wont miss him probably best for both parties

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:51 pm

Overrated and won't be missed IMO. Williams made him look good at Swansea. Got to be honest.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:55 pm

Gone to a small club they will never be big gar than us :bluescarf:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:08 pm

Caerphillyblue1927 wrote:No doubt with a relegation release clause. Better off without players like Caulker, Medel and Campbell who don't have the stomach for a fight to get us promoted. :wave:

VERY TRUE :thumbup:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:10 pm

markd wrote:
Caerphillyblue1927 wrote:No doubt with a relegation release clause. Better off without players like Caulker, Medel and Campbell who don't have the stomach for a fight to get us promoted. :wave:

VERY TRUE :thumbup:

Agree

Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:12 pm

Fcuk off you were never a leader !!! Hudson miles better and a real leader IMO :old:

Re: ' Steven Caulker officially QPR player '

Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:41 pm

Very poor for us. Over rated but will fit in nicely to a relegation side like QPR. Thanks for not a lot.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:46 pm

Bitterness coming out here. He was one of our better players last season and gave his all.

Good luck to him, future England star :thumbup:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:46 pm

The Evening Standard says they bought him from Swansea! Gotta love lazy journos.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:48 pm

These hoe's aint loyal

Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:05 pm

nojac wrote:He"s probably got a relegation clause in the QPR contract too.He could become just another journeyman . Chasing the money and premier league football. Could become another Roger Johnson relegated 2 years running .

Let's hope so,fecking hate hoop bastards :bluescarf:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:22 pm

Good player. I thought one of the top 7 clubs might come in for him, but there is obviously something about him they don't fancy. Better than the centre halves at Liverpool and Man Utd in my opinion but they obviously don't rate him. Looks like another lower half of the Premier League player now.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:32 pm

Not too disappointed as long as we can bring in someone like fonte...

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:09 pm

hes another bothroyd, thinks hes a big star. he was ok nothing special. wont lose sleep over this one

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:19 pm

Wouldn't have been up for the Championship, and better off without him. One of our best players last season, and good luck to him, but he shouldn't have been Captain as a new player with a release clause. He wasn't ready either. Never saw him rally players to get us back into games, and we missed a leader on the pitch. Wouldn't be surprised if we offer Caulker Captaincy to sign him though.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:21 pm

Evening all, a bit of a mixed reaction about our new centre half, don't worry, once we swap divisions again at the end of next season we will sell him back to you, once you have offered the get out clause minimum, probably around £8.5million, should be a better player by then having had a year with Rio! :bluescarf:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:24 pm

he is a decent CB, maybe he needed someone like Rio at City. He is overrated thought, maybe because he is English. I'm happy. We broke even on him, 8m is certainly the higher end of his value.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:29 pm

Caulker makes QPR move
Premier League new boys QPR have announced the signing of defender Steven Caulker from Cardiff City for an undisclosed fee.
The centre-back was linked with several clubs following Cardiff's relegation from the top flight last term, but has opted to return to London and head to Loftus Road.
Caulker, who only joined Cardiff from Tottenham a year ago, is relishing the prospect of working with Harry Redknapp again, having played under the 67-year-old at White Hart Lane.
And the opportunity to play alongside former England defender Rio Ferdinand, who moved to QPR as a free agent last week, was also a big factor in the 22-year-old's decision.
The England international told the club's official website: "I am very excited to be here.
"It was important for me to be back playing in the Premier League, and Harry Redknapp has given me the opportunity to be at this fantastic club.
"Harry was a big factor for me, having worked with him at Tottenham. He was very keen for me to join and that was a big plus, knowing the manager wants you.
"Being able to play with Rio was also a big draw. He has been a role model of mine for many years, along with Ledley King. To have the opportunity to play alongside him was something I felt I couldn’t miss out on.
"Our first aim this season has to be to get to 40 points, to make sure we stay up. That's our first goal."
Redknapp believes QPR have pulled off something of a transfer coup in landing Caulker, who played every minute of Cardiff's Premier League season in 2013-14.
He said: "I know the ability he has and I think it's an important signing for the club – for the here and now, and for the future.
"I had him at Tottenham and I was very surprised when they decided to let him go last summer, because I thought he had a big future there.
"He's young; he's a good age; he's already a fine player but he has so much more potential – it's a really excellent signing for the club.
"When good players like Steven become available, who can come in and have a real impact, you’ve got to try and get them."

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/caul ... 4DvhEeg.99

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:08 pm

He 'll be back down next year

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:20 pm

ninianblue wrote:hes another bothroyd, thinks hes a big star. he was ok nothing special. wont lose sleep over this one

Agree there - we shipped in loads of goals, so was nothing special. Might be better with Rio at his side though, still young so will improve IMO. I honestly don't think we will miss him much.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:24 pm

ninianblue wrote:hes another bothroyd, thinks hes a big star. he was ok nothing special. wont lose sleep over this one

Agree there - we shipped in loads of goals, so was nothing special. Might be better with Rio at his side though, still young so will improve IMO. I honestly don't think we will miss him much.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:08 am

A real captain would have thanked the fans of Cardiff city fc in his statement.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:29 am

Hoochie Coochie Blues wrote:Thanks Caulker :ayatollah:

With hindsight not sure he should have been our Captain.

A real Captain would still be in the trenches with us.

Played EVERY minute of EVERY game last season and the ONLY Cardiff City player to do so ;)

Can't see any lack of commitment there TBH and with his Premier League experience he was the correct choice of Captain for last season

The guy is undoubtedly worthy of a place in the Premier League and who can honestly blame him for seeking out the chance to stay there

Only thing that surprises me is that it is QPR he has gone to (no offence to QPR) as I personally think he is better than that; although I wouldn't bet against Harry keeping them up safely before 'knocking them on the head' :o

I am sure that had we still been up there, he would have stayed :thumbup:

Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:22 am

I thought he always gave 100% and made himself available to play 100% of the time.

I hope he reaches the potential he has.

Good luck Steven!

:ayatollah: