Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Now, That's What You Call A Class Club!

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:36 am

You can say what you want about their fans, but their owners are class IMO:-

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/free-aw ... ed-1958421

Re: Now, That's What You Call A Class Club!

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:39 am

Overthemoon wrote:You can say what you want about their fans, but their owners are class IMO:-

Keith our club and many others would rather milk fans dry, lots of clubs do it for there fans :bluescarf:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:45 am

Bluebird1977 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:You can say what you want about their fans, but their owners are class IMO:-

Keith our club and many others would rather milk fans dry, lots of clubs do it for there fans :bluescarf:

Can't disagree Ian, but the majority of other clubs in this country are short sighted, as over the course of the season, you'd expect them to pick up more points with better away support!

With the offer of free travel, they'd pick up a lot more supporters to watch their home games as well, which would swell their club's coffers in more ways than one!

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:54 am

Overthemoon wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:

Can't disagree Ian, but the majority of other clubs in this country are short sighted, as over the course of the season, you'd expect them to pick up more points with better away support!

With the offer of free travel, they'd pick up a lot more supporters to watch their home games as well, which would swell their club's coffers in more ways than one!

I have to agree but as we all know alot of owners dont see it like us fans i mean like at our lunatic at the helm lost out on a reported 2million from the club shop last season yet its peanuts in the ocean to him and other owners. most clubs are not intrested in its fans anymore once thereup in the better leagues but thats modern football keith. :bluescarf:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:58 am

Bluebird1977 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:

I have to agree but as we all know alot of owners dont see it like us fans i mean like at our lunatic at the helm lost out on a reported 2million from the club shop last season yet its peanuts in the ocean to him and other owners. most clubs are not intrested in its fans anymore once thereup in the better leagues but thats modern football keith. :bluescarf:

I doubt our owner envisaged the backlash his decisions would cause tbh Ian, but from the looks of it, he's too stubborn to openly admit his mistake(s) and change things back!

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:48 am

If CCSC were doing that I still wouldn't travel with them. I went with them to Bolton in the cup and it was boring. Fair enough they need to keep it family friendly so no drinking but that's not for me

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:58 am

CantonJack wrote:If CCSC were doing that I still wouldn't travel with them. I went with them to Bolton in the cup and it was boring. Fair enough they need to keep it family friendly so no drinking but that's not for me

Not just about being family friendly, but it's illegal as well!

Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:07 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
CantonJack wrote:If CCSC were doing that I still wouldn't travel with them. I went with them to Bolton in the cup and it was boring. Fair enough they need to keep it family friendly so no drinking but that's not for me

^^ This

I don't understand why people drink on coaches in the early hours of the morning, maybe it's just me but imagine being too intoxicated to watch a game you've travelled hundreds of miles for.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:18 pm

Overthemoon wrote:

Forgot about that :lol:

It's the best part of away day IMO. Spending hours on a bus staying sober bores the life out of me

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:28 pm

CantonJack wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

Forgot about that :lol:

It's the best part of away day IMO. Spending hours on a bus staying sober bores the life out of me

Done my fair share of being pissed on buses in the past, but they were in Army buses on way to a week of adventure training, where it used to take us a ridiculous amount of time to get to Bavaria, due to all the p!ss stops!

We eventually had to resort to using carrier bags (before they put holes in them :) ), and as I was in a mixed sex Squadron at the time, the girls used the bags as well! :)

This practice came to an abrupt halt though, due to one d!ckhead choosing to empty a full carrier bag out of one the coach's sunroofs, whilst we were travelling at around 70 mph on the autobahn and you guessed it, the p!ss was blown back into the coach, soaking everybody on the back seats! :lol:

Don't like getting hangovers these days and prefer to watch the football, instead of spending half of the game time, going back and fore the toilet! :old:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:01 pm

Although club is providing free transport on official travel coaches, other fans going away that cant use it dont get any help at all! And of course its the premier who put x amount money aside for clubs to do this, as discussed last season! So not clubs money. :thumbup:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:10 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Although club is providing free transport on official travel coaches, other fans going away that cant use it dont get any help at all! And of course its the premier who put x amount money aside for clubs to do this, as discussed last season! So not clubs money. :thumbup:

I believe that the Premier League only provide a small amount of the cash, it will cost for Stoke to ferry all their fans to away matches, hence the reason why we only got reduced travel prices on 2 or 3 of our away trips last season!

As for fans missing out on cheap or free travel, it's a fact of life that some people will miss out, as you'll never be able to satisfy everybody all the time, only some of the people, some of the time!

Having made my last statement, I suppose the clubs could contribute to the cost of the match tickets for fans travelling to away matches, which may well suit more fans, than those who benefit from subsidised or free travel!

Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:34 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Although club is providing free transport on official travel coaches, other fans going away that cant use it dont get any help at all! And of course its the premier who put x amount money aside for clubs to do this, as discussed last season! So not clubs money. :thumbup:

I believe that the Premier League only provide a small amount of the cash, it will cost for Stoke to ferry all their fans to away matches, hence the reason why we only got reduced travel prices on 2 or 3 of our away trips last season!

As for fans missing out on cheap or free travel, it's a fact of life that some people will miss out, as you'll never be able to satisfy everybody all the time, only some of the people, some of the time!

Having made my last statement, I suppose the clubs could contribute to the cost of the match tickets for fans travelling to away matches, which may well suit more fans, than those who benefit from subsidised or free travel!

Yes tickets would been better but fact is without premier subs it would not happen? I believe its 250K that is given to each club :old:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:55 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

Yes tickets would been better but fact is without premier subs it would not happen? I believe its 250K that is given to each club :old:

Sorry Allan, but you're being presumptuous, as none of us know whether Stoke or any other club would subsidise the fans travel if it wasn't for the Premier League handout!

As Stoke have chosen to pay the total cost of their fans away travel for the last 2 seasons running, there's a fair chance they'd pay for their travel irrespective of the Premier League handout!

When you take into account the money clubs get from Sky television and BT, this and last season, the fans travel costs are a drop in the ocean by comparison!

A lot of clubs could well afford to subsidise or give their fans free travel, especially the likes of Man Utd, Man City etc., and it's a sad indictment on them, that a far smaller club by comparison than them in Stoke City give their fans free travel, whilst the so called bigger clubs, continue to milk their fans for all their worth!

Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:57 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:

who other than stoke?

we all had them grants off the PL last year which different clubs spent in different ways.........but havent read anywhere of another club doing what Stoke do every game.....

Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:23 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

Sorry Allan, but you're being presumptuous, as none of us know whether Stoke or any other club would subsidise the fans travel if it wasn't for the Premier League handout!

As Stoke have chosen to pay the total cost of their fans away travel for the last 2 seasons running, there's a fair chance they'd pay for their travel irrespective of the Premier League handout!

When you take into account the money clubs get from Sky television and BT, this and last season, the fans travel costs are a drop in the ocean by comparison!

A lot of clubs could well afford to subsidise or give their fans free travel, especially the likes of Man Utd, Man City etc., and it's a sad indictment on them, that a far smaller club by comparison than them in Stoke City give their fans free travel, whilst the so called bigger clubs, continue to milk their fans for all their worth!

you are being very naive if you think clubs would subsidise whole season away travel without premier help? if you can give me one exsample of whole season before premier then i will except your arguement?! occasional help as always been done through out all the leagues over many years but never whole season! :roll:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:29 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

you are being very naive if you think clubs would subsidise whole season away travel without premier help? if you can give me one exsample of whole season before premier then i will except your arguement?! and premier as been here what 21yrs and not done before last season? occasional help as always been done through out all the leagues over many years but never whole season! :roll:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:50 pm

simon.wiesenthal wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:

who other than stoke?

we all had them grants off the PL last year which different clubs spent in different ways.........but havent read anywhere of another club doing what Stoke do every game.....

There were no grants given out by the PL. Clubs were asked to spend £200k of their own money to subsidise away fans. Not all clubs did it though. Stoke decided to subsidise coach travel, we mostly subsidised ticket prices which I think is much better as then all travelling fans benefit not just those who travel by coach.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/s ... 86-oUBP2bU

Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:15 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

you are being very naive if you think clubs would subsidise whole season away travel without premier help? if you can give me one exsample of whole season before premier then i will except your arguement?! occasional help as always been done through out all the leagues over many years but never whole season! :roll:

It's not being naive, it's about not judging everybody and not jumping to conclusions!

NJ has answered your query though and as I also said, with the amount of money clubs earn in the Premier League these days, which is around a guaranteed £100 million with Sky, BT, sponsorship and merchandise sales, every club in the Premier League could afford to finance their fans away travel!

As for your immature rolling eyes, you need to grow up!

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:53 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

^^ This

I don't understand why people drink on coaches in the early hours of the morning, maybe it's just me but imagine being too intoxicated to watch a game you've travelled hundreds of miles for.

It's called having a laugh and getting a bit rowdy, it's not for everyone I suppose

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:36 pm

I can keep myself occupied on the bus being sober, not really hard.

Drinking on the bus does make the atmosphere more fun for some I guess.

But you can drink around in the pubs around some clubs, easier that way IMO.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:37 pm

NJ73 wrote:
simon.wiesenthal wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:

who other than stoke?

There were no grants given out by the PL. Clubs were asked to spend £200k of their own money to subsidise away fans. Not all clubs did it though. Stoke decided to subsidise coach travel, we mostly subsidised ticket prices which I think is much better as then all travelling fans benefit not just those who travel by coach.

the grant was 200k.........planetswamp?

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:40 pm

Yes they did it all last season for their fans fair play :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:55 pm

simon.wiesenthal wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
simon.wiesenthal wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:

who other than stoke?

There was no grant, just an amount the PL asked clubs to set aside.

It's confirmed there by our Supporters Trust chairman.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:28 pm

NJ73 wrote:
simon.wiesenthal wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
simon.wiesenthal wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:

who other than stoke?

thats being pedantic money was put aside to sum of 200k for clubs to use on fans grant or whatever its called doesnt really matter does it? suppose it does to you?? :laughing6:

Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:03 am

pembroke allan wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
simon.wiesenthal wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
simon.wiesenthal wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:

who other than stoke?

thats being pedantic money was put aside to sum of 200k for clubs to use on fans grant or whatever its called doesnt really matter does it? suppose it does to you?? :laughing6:

It's being pedantic to point out that clubs were not granted money to spend on away fans initiatives but asked to use their own money?

Ok then.