Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Glad to see Ole realises this could be our biggest problem

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:38 am

I read Ole's interview and this was my major concern about Ole as a manager,totally attack minded,leaving our defence very vulnerable, great to see Ole realises this :thumbright:

Going to be a very exciting season ahead but this needed addressing :thumbup:
Opinions on Ole's tactics :thumbup:

Tuesday 22nd July 2014.

The Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Cardiff City will focus on defending in final tour match against Amkar Perm of Russia tonight.

Attack-minded manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admits his team have to focus on their defensive strategy in their final Austrian tour match against Amkar Perm of Russia

Re: Glad to see Ole realises this could be our biggest probl

Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:04 am

Defo needs looking at as we will get murdered if we are going to be full on attacking all the time, plenty of time before the season starts to sort it out thou, but I'd either keep Medal and put him in defense, he was excellent at it in the World Cup, or sell him for the asking price and buy in another 2 high quality defenders with the proceeds. I think we will be ok come the start of the season, bit it's good Ole is looking at our defense too :bluescarf:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:34 am

Pleased to see that he realises what the problem is. Hopefully we can bring in Fonte and he would strengthen our defense
big time.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:00 pm

Ole understand of coarse, but he need to strengthen the defence with stronger players than Turner, KTC, John, Connoly .
New CB and fullbacks required please. Still time!

Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:16 pm

Conceded 3 goals and didn't score any. Glad to see it's working

Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:44 pm

The back 4 should be a major area for development not just for this year but to build for the return to PL. It isn't all about buying players, but in concentrating on communication, positioning, division of labour and of course protecting the keeper. Marshall is 100% the best in Championship (and not far off in PL!!) but he can't do it on his own.

The more the defence gets right, the more confidence the frontmen will have to penetrate and score at the other end. I'm pretty sure it can and will be done. :bluescarf:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:14 pm

CantonJack wrote:Conceded 3 goals and didn't score any. Glad to see it's working

People will say it was only a friendly so it don't matter but I don't buy all that bollocks. Players should cross the line to win nothing else :bluescarf:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:12 pm

we have struggled for years with our defence, hudson. turner . doesnt fill me with confidence

Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:51 am

On paper I think our defense is good

Brayford Hudson/Turner Cala Fabio

i dont think there are many defences better than that at this level, however, if Brayford and Fabio are going to look to get forward we need a good strong DM to sit infront of the CB to break up play and give protection to them. Dikaghcoi may be the answer but its a tough job on your own. Personally think we should look to play 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-1-3 with 2 strong DM to allow the full backs to get forward. Lets hope the balance is right come Blackburn away

Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:28 am

Last night :o