Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Latest on John Brayford '

Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:39 pm

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP

Sheffield United continue Brayford chase
BY PHIL WELLBROOK

TUESDAY⋅ JULY 22, 2014 ⋅

The Blades are still keen to sign Cardiff City defender John Brayford despite the Welsh club stating that he is not for sale, according to Sheffield Star.

John Brayford spent the latter part of the season on loan at Sheffield United
The 26 year-old spent time with United last season on loan and manager Nigel Clough wants to bring him to Bramall Lane on a permanent contract.

However Cardiff boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has insisted he has no intention of selling Brayford this summer following his side’s relegation from the Premier League. Clough on the other hand is still adamant that he will capture the signature of the defender.

He said: “We’ve not ruled it out 100 per cent.

“Because you never know what might happen down there and, if the chance does become available to get a player like John, then you take it. It’s as simple as that.”

Cardiff will be hoping to keep hold of Brayford as they try and gain promotion back into the Premier League, meanwhile Sheffield United will look to gain a play-off spot next season, which they narrowly missed out on last campaign, finishing 7th.

Re: ' Latest on John Brayford '

Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:39 pm

Feck off. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:49 pm

won't be going now Kev has gone out on loan!

Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:46 am

Wont be going anywhere with Kev being loaned out plus he deserves a chance with us, especially now we're back in the championship.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:42 am

Was outstanding for Derby at this level so could be a permanent figure in the first team going foward this season, give him a chance to prove himself, what would we gain by selling him? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:52 am

Really think this guy could turn out to be solid, reliable and a fans' favourite, but something tells me all is not right with him atm. Maybe he wants to be with Clough jnr or whether he's just going to be an awkward one im not sure, just hope i'm wrong. :old:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:44 pm

i agree needs first team football as he has not been given a chance i think he is a quality player and could cement himself as a first team regular....totally disagree about selling him some people just aint got a clue :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:03 pm

I've never seen him play for city but ever review I read he had a nightmare.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:04 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Really think this guy could turn out to be solid, reliable and a fans' favourite, but something tells me all is not right with him atm. Maybe he wants to be with Clough jnr or whether he's just going to be an awkward one im not sure, just hope i'm wrong. :old:

Bit worried too as are depending on him at right back, and don't know where his head is . Possibly he is fecked off about last season, and would prefer to be back with Clough. Would like to hear that he is committed to us, as this is a big chance for him.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:08 pm

Hes desperate for a move away from Cardiff, that's obvious

Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:01 am

Something is not right.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:44 pm

The only thing here is Sheff Utd are too persistent.