Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Red-Free Home

Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:46 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:What would a bag of chips be without Tomato Ketchup.

It is not the colour but the removal of our identity that is the issue here.

Some say it is only a colour but what they are not realising is that they are saying its only our identity or more to the point what we are.

It's weird but I don't like tomato sauce on my fish and chips. Just salt and vinegar with maybe some mushy peas or gravy. I love red sauce on sausages and burgers though.

I wouldn't chuck out my Heinz because of Tan and he smelly rebrand.

Since the start of this thread I've had to look at my conscience regarding my efforts against the rebrand. I've had a good look up and down my house and the only thing red not Welsh is the Tomato Ketchup. Well to show my commitment against the rebrand the Ketchup has got to go. Its going to be a struggle to have chips without Ketchup but it will be worth it.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:43 am

I have mixed feelings about this, obviously I'm glad to hear that there will be less r*d in your own home, but I also have a small degree of sadness that you have to suffer the same infliction. I've been finding brown sauce a good alternative to ketchup. It may be a compound colour that is made up partly of the colour that should not be spoken of, but it'll do in the absence of BLUE sauce.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:00 pm

Does it also mean that you'll -

change the rules of snooker
stop drinking red bull if you're feeling a bit tired
ignore red lights when driving
never have an overdraft
never make a phone call from a public phone box
not donate any money to comic relief
stop believing in Father Christmas

To quote many throughout the rebrand ' I dont think he's really thought this through'

Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:12 pm

Nick blue 22 you are hilarious, you had me buckled at blood transfusion. Keep it blue like anti freeze.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:04 am

But my team play in Red ?

We were formed as Riverside Athletic ? They were not Blue

:shock:

Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:27 am

1. change the rules of snooker
stop drinking red bull if you're feeling a bit tired
ignore red lights when driving
never have an overdraft
never make a phone call from a public phone box
not donate any money to comic relief
stop believing in Father Christmas

1. Don't have a snooker table, but yes, watching snooker on tv can be problematic
2. Other energy drinks are available
3. Red lights not in the home, but yes, I do find them offensive
4. I have an overdraft, but are you technically in the r*d if you're overdrawn, but not over the limit?
5. Not sure if this is relevant in 2014, and besides, are they still r*d? (agreed, pillarbox r*d, in all its shininess is possibly the most offensive shade of r*d, barring that which the Bluebirds play in
6. Not sure if donating money to comic relief necessarily means condoning the colour of their noses
7. He does look a bit like Tan with a beard, so yes, I could happily do that

Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:43 pm

coke.jpg

Good to see Coke helping the cause by bringing out a r*d-free version of the popular drink. Shame it tastes like a shop's own brand. Expect if you were a dyed-in-the-wool r*d Coke fan, you might not be too pleased at this attempt at rebranding. At least the regular "home" colour is still available.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:15 pm

Good on you, better than what some are doing. :thumbright:

Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:57 pm

On the red round the home theme...my dear old mum bought me a calendar same as every other year. To be able to bear it hanging on my wall and cos Im too tight to buy a different calendar, I simply cut replacement blue ishirts and badge from an old program and I stick them over the offensive red each month. As you can see.. Jobs a good un. :bluescarf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:55 pm

You have problems!

Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:09 am

Mel86 wrote:On the red round the home theme...my dear old mum bought me a calendar same as every other year. To be able to bear it hanging on my wall and cos Im too tight to buy a different calendar, I simply cut replacement blue ishirts and badge from an old program and I stick them over the offensive red each month. As you can see.. Jobs a good un. :bluescarf:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: don't listen to the snipers, great creativity ;)

Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:13 am

Mel86 wrote:On the red round the home theme...my dear old mum bought me a calendar same as every other year. To be able to bear it hanging on my wall and cos Im too tight to buy a different calendar, I simply cut replacement blue ishirts and badge from an old program and I stick them over the offensive red each month. As you can see.. Jobs a good un. :bluescarf:

:lol: :thumbup: :bluescarf: