Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Red-Free Home

Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:02 pm

The colour red has now become so abhorent to me, that I've decided to try and make my home red-free, and I'm aiming to achieve this by the end of next season, or perhaps even well before this.

First thing that will have to go is a red throw on one of my sofas. I'm hoping I'll even be able to change red lights on the tv to blue lights, etc.

The only thing to be allowed in my home that's red will be anything directly associated with Wales, or the Welsh flag (my Welsh flag tea towel can stay, as can Wales tops etc. obviously).

I'm probably going to even have a tattoo removed which is not Wales-related, but contains a lot of red.

I'll hopefully be able to update with pictures.

Re: Red-Free Home

Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:18 pm

That's a bit over the top...

If you hate the rebrand, don't wear red Cardiff City merchandise. Don't let it take over your whole life. :shock:

Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:20 pm

Yes, not wearing red merchandise is a given.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:46 pm

hope this post is a joke

you should be against the way tan has rebranded our club regardless of colour...not the colour itself.

i actually love the colour red...just not for cardiff city

this rebrand is making people mental...or they already were and this is showing it :lol:

Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:15 pm

He is being pedantic and sounds a red lover to me :bluescarf:

Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:24 pm

:shock:

I like Red, have many a Welsh top.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:26 pm

nickblue22 wrote:The colour red has now become so abhorent to me, that I've decided to try and make my home red-free, and I'm aiming to achieve this by the end of next season, or perhaps even well before this.

First thing that will have to go is a red throw on one of my sofas. I'm hoping I'll even be able to change red lights on the tv to blue lights, etc.

The only thing to be allowed in my home that's red will be anything directly associated with Wales, or the Welsh flag (my Welsh flag tea towel can stay, as can Wales tops etc. obviously).

I'm probably going to even have a tattoo removed which is not Wales-related, but contains a lot of red.

Quote (NickBlue): "The only thing to be allowed in my home that's red will be anything directly associated with Wales, or the Welsh flag (my Welsh flag tea towel can stay, as can Wales tops etc. obviously)" (Unquote)

That's not "Red Free" then, is it???? :?

Well OTT, TBH and a joke (whether meant to be or not) :roll:

Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:27 pm

Is this a joke lol?

Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:34 pm

Sad as f**k if this isn't a joke. It's worse than the people who have fallen out with their friends over the re-brand. It's just football for god sake.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:06 pm

What would a bag of chips be without Tomato Ketchup.

It is not the colour but the removal of our identity that is the issue here.

Some say it is only a colour but what they are not realising is that they are saying its only our identity or more to the point what we are.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:12 pm

No sweet potato, red cabbage, ketchup, chillie sauce,red peppers go all out mate.... :s

Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:13 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:What would a bag of chips be without Tomato Ketchup.

Some say it is only a colour but what they are not realising is that they are saying its only our identity or more to the point what we are.

Hp is for winners, ketchup is for chumps!

Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:17 pm

Lol this is a joke right??

If not... I feel sorry for you ffs

Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:01 pm

Gotta be honest, wasn't thinking of extending it to food stuffs..ketchup I can probably manage without, and have brown sauce or mayo instead. Do they still do that green ketchup? Red cabbage, I suppose that's a debatable one cos although it's red in name, it'smore of a purply colour (a bit like the Bluebirds, I suppose, being blue in name..). Bit yes, extending to food is going to be tricky as I'm a big red meat fan. Bit let's face it, I could clear every red thing out of my home, and still not be able to live there myself, possessing, as I do, and however much I might try to convince myself to the contrary, red, not blue, blood. Unless I had a blood transfusion, but not sure if that would work.

I think the point is, although it is red meat, I don't find it abhorrent in the same way that I find blatantly red objects, red lights as mentioned, etc. So I think I'll be sticking to the same diet, but the red clear-out will still continue.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:18 pm

nickblue22 wrote:Gotta be honest, wasn't thinking of extending it to food stuffs..ketchup I can probably manage without, and have brown sauce or mayo instead. Do they still do that green ketchup? Red cabbage, I suppose that's a debatable one cos although it's red in name, it'smore of a purply colour (a bit like the Bluebirds, I suppose, being blue in name..). Bit yes, extending to food is going to be tricky as I'm a big red meat fan. Bit let's face it, I could clear every red thing out of my home, and still not be able to live there myself, possessing, as I do, and however much I might try to convince myself to the contrary, red, not blue, blood. Unless I had a blood transfusion, but not sure if that would work.

I think the point is, although it is red meat, I don't find it abhorrent in the same way that I find blatantly red objects, red lights as mentioned, etc. So I think I'll be sticking to the same diet, but the red clear-out will still continue.

id go for the blood transfusion mate...switch your blood with a blue tip-top and you're there :thumbright:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:38 pm

Yes, might be worth a try, though possibly a bit chilly.

I think the main thing is, things that don't HAVE to be red, cushion covers, etc. are all for the chop. Free to a good, non Cardiff supporting home.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:44 pm

nickblue22 wrote:Yes, might be worth a try, though possibly a bit chilly.

I think the main thing is, things that don't HAVE to be red, cushion covers, etc. are all for the chop. Free to a good, non Cardiff supporting home.

i genuinley can't tell if this is a joke :shock:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:48 pm

AlwaysBBlue wrote:

I'm starting to think it is, it sounds too ridiculous

Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:52 pm

So thats the mrs out the door 4 days a month then :lol:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:08 pm

JonCCFC wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:

I'm starting to think it is, it sounds too ridiculous

it is when he starts talking about his own blood i think "ahh its a joke" then he goes on about stuff like pillow cases etc,

even if it is a joke its f*cking odd :?

Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:18 pm

AlwaysBBlue wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Hmmmmm :bluescarf:
It's a red fan trying to take the piss Chief

Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:22 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Hmmmmm :bluescarf:
It's a red fan trying to take the piss Chief

you never know with some of the drama queens on here nukes :lol:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:15 pm

red mug.JPG

Red mug, commonly used by girlfriend (current uncertain relationship status notwithstanding) GONE!

stripe mug.JPG

Replaced by tasteful purple and white striped mug 8-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:17 pm

nickblue22 wrote:The colour red has now become so abhorent to me, that I've decided to try and make my home red-free, and I'm aiming to achieve this by the end of next season, or perhaps even well before this.

Getting rid of red? Closet Tory.

:old:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:39 pm

JonCCFC wrote:That's a bit over the top...

If you hate the rebrand, don't wear red Cardiff City merchandise. Don't let it take over your whole life. :shock:

I have jon i slashed the guy down the roads tyres because his cars red, beat up an old lady because she had a red bag, tossed stones at a red bus three times, even as far as when my mate fell off a ladder in work one day and cut his leg wide open lucky enough i had a container full of blue powder dye so as the blood started pouring out his leg i was chucking blue dye in there to cover up the red. Now my kids and missis have been thrown on the street due to having clothes with red in them :thumbup:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:20 pm

Are you over 16 FFS :oops: :oops: :oops:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:37 pm

this isn't for you then http://thehomesitter.com/wp-content/upl ... om-221.jpg

Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:04 pm

Euch. Painful to the eye. Think it would take a few days to get over the trauma if I so much as stepped inside that odious room.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:28 pm

UPDATE: Most prominent r*d objects out of living room now, including r*d cushion and throw on sofa, with thanks to a couple of friends after a barbecue on Friday night. Have bought a new BLUE one, but bit small, so will need to take it back and get another. Will need to get started on the CD collection, and other slightly less prominent things featuring the devil's own colour soon.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:37 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:What would a bag of chips be without Tomato Ketchup.

It's weird but I don't like tomato sauce on my fish and chips. Just salt and vinegar with maybe some mushy peas or gravy. I love red sauce on sausages and burgers though.

I wouldn't chuck out my Heinz because of Tan and he smelly rebrand.