Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: What book are you currently reading?

Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:33 pm

Going forward - by Russell slade.

Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:13 pm

Harry Potter and prisoner of

Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:22 pm

Readers wives 60+

Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:01 pm

Currently reading this after following the trial for years online (8 years from arrest to conviction) and via twitter and she was eventually sentenced this year.

Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:06 pm

This season I'm going to be reading the same book as last season.

Progress - By Russell slade

Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:25 pm

Horns :tandragon:

Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:59 pm

Was hoping for sensible replys and name of books, Fiction or not so could see what other forum posters are reading so I could have a look and see if it's worth while buying to read. Readers wife mag tells me all I need to know about him/her.

Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:08 pm

Pegasus Bridge

A true story of British commandos taking a strategic bridge before the invasion of Normandy in the WII. These commandos glided in to France under darkness and against all the risks you can imagine. How those glider pilots directed them gliders right next to the bridge with that technology mean't God was on their side.

What I like about books like this is you can visit those sites today and let the story come alive.

Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:46 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Pegasus Bridge

A true story of British commandos taking a strategic bridge before the invasion of Normandy in the WII. These commandos glided in to France under darkness and against all the risks you can imagine. How those glider pilots directed them gliders right next to the bridge with that technology mean't God was on their side.

What I like about books like this is you can visit those sites today and let the story come alive.

Just looked and sounds a great read and the reviews are top notch as well. Have ordered it and these soldiers sacrificed so much for their country and are the true heroes. The country owe so much to these brave people. Talking about sites which must be haunting but like you say come alive after reading certain books and trying to imagine being there at the time, build a mental picture up of events. I want ot visit places were battles have taken place after reading books and try and picture what the troops went through.

I want to visit Oradour-sur-Glane as that would be like going back in time, my understanding it's like the village in France that has stood still ideal after the Nazis left.

Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:50 pm

Human Traces by Sebastien Faulks awesome book!

Also " We were once Kings" by Stuart Foster, great book.

Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:52 am

Football tactics by an R. Slade...yes I'm on the second and last page now

Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:18 am

T-G-I-ROBINFRIDAY wrote:Kenneth Noye,good read of you are into the 80's london gangster scene.

Why don't you visit Kenny and ask him to sign it ?

Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:14 pm

I've just read the 90's wrestler Lex Lugers book as it was only a pound and I know he had a bit of a mad life.

Was a young american footballer turned pro wrestler who became addicted to drugs and alcohol. Was in and out of prison & Former professional wrestling manager (and Randy Savage's ex wife )Miss Elizabeth was found dead in his house.

Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:33 pm

Just started reading it yesterday, so I haven't got that far into it. It is a bit mind blowing though, with all of the disappearances and especially with the authorities seemingly doing nothing about them.

Check it out, it is a really good read according to other readers. There are also another 3 books after this one all from different parts of the United States.

Bloooooobirds.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.