Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What book are you currently reading?

Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:33 pm

Any poster reading anything interesting?

Nearly finished this ''Exposed: The Secret Life of Jodi Arias'' and great book. I've watched her entire trial on youtube and this covers things that were excluded from the trail. She was found guilty last year of first degree murder but the jury couldn't decide on the penalty phase so the penalty retrial begins on the 8th of September this year.

Re: What book are you currently reading?

Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:42 pm

Brighton & hove Albion wrote:Any poster reading anything interesting?

Nearly finished this ''Exposed: The Secret Life of Jodi Arias'' and great book. I've watched her entire trial on youtube and this covers things that were excluded from the trail. She was found guilty last year of first degree murder but the jury couldn't decide on the penalty phase so the penalty retrial begins on the 8th of September this year.

Nelson Mandela and Craig Bellamy"s :thumbup:

Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:49 pm

I'm reading Vulcan 607.....again. It has my name in it. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:01 pm

Officer and a spy by Robert Harris.

Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Nelson Mandela and Craig Bellamy"s :thumbup:

I keep meaning to buy the Nelson Mandela book as love non fiction and it must be a bloody good read. I Shall order it now. I ordered two books yesterday and this one arrives tomorrow ''Deadly Little Secrets: The Minister, His Mistress, and a Heartless Texas Murder''

And ''Pretty Little Killers: The Truth Behind the Savage Murder of Skylar Neese'' Arrives on August the 25th as that's the day it's released. Spotted this sad story in the Daily Mail yesterday about a girl who caught her two female friends in bed having sex so they murdered her, didn't read anymore as it'll spoil the reading when it comes.

Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:05 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:I'm reading Vulcan 607.....again. It has my name in it. :D

Real name or your forum alias? ;)

Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:06 pm

Anna karenina, enough said.

Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:14 pm

BanterLad115 wrote:Anna karenina, enough said.

Who is she and what's it about, fiction or non?

Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:17 pm

Paul mersons autobiography,f**k me this guy has some issues

Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:26 pm

Books?

You should be reading this forum :lol:

Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:28 pm

Brighton & hove Albion wrote:
BanterLad115 wrote:Anna karenina, enough said.

Who is she and what's it about, fiction or non?

Its by tolstoy, according to every writer ever, its the best fictional novel ever written, truly beautiful story about the russian aristocracy. Its very articulate so you have to be in to literature to appreciate it, to see if its the type of thing you may like or not read captain correllis mandolin first. Its lighter and more modern, good if you like history too.

Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:01 pm

Some excellent books I've read lately in the fantasy genre;

The painted man
The desert spear
The daylight war
Prince Of thorns
King of thorns
The way of the shadows

Brilliant books

Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:06 pm

:thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:08 pm

The Heavenly man - good read about persecution of christians in china and how this man still managed to convert people :)

Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:13 pm

NIBluebird wrote:The Heavenly man - good read about persecution of christians in china and how this man still managed to convert people :)

If you liked that then read the watchmakers daughter by corrie ten boom.

Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:32 pm

BanterLad115 wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:The Heavenly man - good read about persecution of christians in china and how this man still managed to convert people :)

Cheers - just ordred on Amazon :bluescarf:

Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:34 pm

The 10X Rule (only difference beetween success and failure)
& Thick face black heart

both highly recommended if you have an eye for business and making money

Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:47 pm

NIBluebird wrote:
BanterLad115 wrote:

Cheers - just ordred on Amazon :bluescarf:

If you finish it then message me, ive read loads of book like that.

Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:54 pm

Readers wives 125th edition.Some right munters on display!!

Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:33 pm

50 shades of grey

Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:25 pm

Kenneth Noye,good read of you are into the 80's london gangster scene.

Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:53 pm

Brotherhood:the story of 2 NYPD cops who murdered for the mafia.

Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:43 pm

Am reading this great comedy book from a lad in Swansea. Tells the story of how him and his mates ran around the country beating people up. The best part is when he tells the tales of his glorious victories against Cardiff. Great read if you want a laugh or if you run out of toilet paper. :thumbup: :bluescarf:

Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:52 pm

'Shattered Dreams to Wembley Way', 'Valley RAMS' and 'Soul Crew' on a Beach in Lloret :bluescarf: :thumbup:

Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:03 pm

'The Last Holiday. A memoir'. By Gil Scott Heron (who's father was apparently the first black man to play for Celtic - Gil Heron - google it ;))

Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:19 pm

Readers wives 40+, bonus edition

Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:20 pm

Readers wives 40+, bonus edition

Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:47 pm

Running with the Firm

Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:43 pm

Pavement: Thoughts of a serial Killer

A disenfranchised, unnamed loner decides to become a serial killer inthis graphic, insightful novel about a man living in a society that is broken

The unnamed hero in this novel feels invisible. With no job, no hobbies, no friends, and no interests, he walks aimlessly looking at the size and types of paving stones on the London streets to avoid staying in his seedy rented room. No one cares, no one registers or connects with him. His doctor won't look at him when he goes in for his regular mental-health checks, the Job Centre Plus staff process his claim with disdain, his landlady shouts at him through his closed door. Suffering from depression, OCD, and compulsive masturbatory impulses, he is a nobody. The disconnection from society leads him to believe that he could kill and get away with it. Research at the library helps with drawing up a list of tools needed to dismember and dispose of a body. His first victim drowns in the canal after trying to rob the withered-arm hero. As his lustful appetite increases the body-count escalates, but there is no police investigation to stop him. In what is the most shocking and vivid conclusion, Pavement is sure to cause an outcry :violent1:

Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:00 pm

Just finished reading the secret footballers book. Very good enjoyed it a lot.