Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' David Marshall '

Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:47 am

Marshall has still got a slight strain,but has been fully training.

Ole said he needed resting for the Bath game.

Yesterday's games apparently Ole said Marshall needs more rest.

Be good to see Marshall playing in Tuesdays game.

Many are asking will he def be staying? I see Marshall at least starting the season for us :thumbright: :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' David Marshall '

Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:12 am

Ole said he's not playing Caulker and Campbell because he doesn't want to risk injury as they want to move away.....is there any chance that he not playing Marshall for the same reason? Just a question!!! :bluescarf:

Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:18 am

talataylor wrote:Ole said he's not playing Caulker and Campbell because he doesn't want to risk injury as they want to move away.....is there any chance that he not playing Marshall for the same reason? Just a question!!! :bluescarf:

It has gone through my mind many times,but Marshall wants to stay,City would sell if price is right.

Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:39 am

talataylor wrote:Ole said he's not playing Caulker and Campbell because he doesn't want to risk injury as they want to move away.....is there any chance that he not playing Marshall for the same reason? Just a question!!! :bluescarf:

i think thats a good question , feedback from Marshall is that he wants to stay , this week will tell though , maybe Ole wants to see the backup keepers get 90 competitive minutes to see how the perform .

Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:01 am

I think City REALLY want Marshall to stay and (importantly) Marshall WANTS to stay :thumbup:

He and his family are settled in Cardiff and they love the place, so in no rush to go anywhere else

IMHO, City have played a blinder in this case regarding his value by saying "We really don't want him to go, but if someone is prepared to make us an offer that meets our own valuation, then..."

Marshall to stay for the foreseeable, I believe :thumbup: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :notworthy:

Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:45 am

Marshall has just bought a new house in Rhiwbina and spent a shed load on kitting it out, I know that doesn't stop footballers these days but his kids are young and settled here I think he's happy enough to stay but a offer of 10mil plus and I'm sure city will take it.

Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:02 am

Mardon89 wrote:Marshall has just bought a new house in Rhiwbina and spent a shed load on kitting it out, I know that doesn't stop footballers these days but his kids are young and settled here I think he's happy enough to stay but a offer of 10mil plus and I'm sure city will take it.

city might except a big bid but if he doesn't want to go then they can't force him to go, which is good for cardiff win win :bluescarf:

Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:42 pm

There is no doubting Marshall's commitment, loyalty and most of all, ability. He is a genuine bloke and if he says he wants to stay, that is what he wants.

In my view, Marshall will be key for the push this season, but is also PL standard all day.

Fingers crossed that a huge offer doesn't come in, but I'm fairly sure he will be with us for the long haul.

:bluescarf:

Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:47 am

I think Marshall will be with us next season, Arsenal are now looking at a Colombian Keeper for 3.5 mill.
Can't see many wanting to pay our price tag if I'm honest. :bluescarf:

Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:59 am

I think we've priced Marshall out of the market, which is a good thing because we need him badly. Best goalie in the PL last season, no doubt about it!

Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:22 am

DrDre wrote:I think we've priced Marshall out of the market, which is a good thing because we need him badly. Best goalie in the PL last season, no doubt about it!

I think Hugo Loris and Petr Cech would disagree with you.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:35 am

Hoochie Coochie Blues wrote:
DrDre wrote:I think we've priced Marshall out of the market, which is a good thing because we need him badly. Best goalie in the PL last season, no doubt about it!

None of them made the saves Marshall did last season.

None of them earned their team as many points as Marshall did ours.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:19 am

DrDre wrote:

And neither of them got relegated. :thumbright:

Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:24 am

DrDre wrote:

I'm a big fan of Marshall & obviously really hope he stays but he's not in the same class as Lloris & Cech.
Marshall is a great shot stopper but his distribution & command of the box is poor compared with the top keepers.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:39 pm

I'm not worried about a "Slight Strain" I am really happy that we have managed to keep hold of Marshall, class Goalkeeper!

Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:42 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
DrDre wrote:

I'm a big fan of Marshall & obviously really hope he stays but he's not in the same class as Lloris & Cech.
Marshall is a great shot stopper but his distribution & command of the box is poor compared with the top keepers.

Totally Agree. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:23 pm

Marshall must not leave, backbone of our team :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Marshall must not leave, backbone of our team :thumbup: :ayatollah:

ole confirmed that he will play tomorrow

Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:58 pm

daleccfcmapley wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Marshall must not leave, backbone of our team :thumbup: :ayatollah:

ole confirmed that he will play tomorrow

Yes Great news confirmed it earlier :ole:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:33 am

Forever Blue wrote:Marshall has still got a slight strain,but has been fully training.

Many are asking will he def be staying? I see Marshall at least starting the season for us :thumbright: :ayatollah:

I asked him Saturday and he said he is staying and that him and his family are happy in Cardiff and don't want to go

Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:36 am

Gheorghe1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Marshall has still got a slight strain,but has been fully training.

I asked him Saturday and he said he is staying and that him and his family are happy in Cardiff and don't want to go

:thumbright:
I honestly believe he is,but I believe our club were touting him for a massive fee.