Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CAULKER To QPR - For £8Million Accepted.

Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:04 am

Daily Mail.

Friday 18th July 2014.

QPR have £8million bid for Steven Caulker accepted by Cardiff as Harry Redknapp looks for defender to partner Rio Ferdinand

QPR have bid in the region of £8million for the England international

Rio Ferdinand completed his move to Queens park Rangers on Thursday

Redknapp believes Caulker can improve alongside Ferdinand at QPR

Caulker moved to Cardiff City for a then club-record fee last summer

QPR manager Harry Redknapp is keen to pair new signing Rio Ferdinand with Steven Caulker at centre-back after having a bid for the Cardiff City defender accepted.

Ferdinand completed his free transfer to Rangers on Thursday and Redknapp confirmed that the Loftus Road outfit had agreed a fee with Cardiff for Caulker.

It is believed a bid in the region of £8million has been accepted for the England international.

Redknapp said he was confident the 22-year-old would become a better player alongside Ferdinand.

'We've agreed a fee for Steven Caulker, who I like very much,' he told Sky Sports News.
'I had him at Tottenham as a player and he's done very well.
'I think for him to come and play with Rio would be a great experience for him.
'I'm looking to play with three central defenders this year. So (there are) those two and then I've got Richard Dunne, Nedum Onuoha, Clint Hill, I've got real good defenders here.
'I think for Steven Caulker to come in and be part of it with those experienced players will be great for him.
'I think Rio will be a big influence on him. I think for Steven it will be the best education he could ever have in his life to play with Rio.'

Caulker moved to Cardiff last summer for a then club-record fee from Tottenham Hotspur.

Re: CAULKER To QPR - For £8Million Accepted.

Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:19 am

Thank you, Steven Caulker and good luck for your future. You did your best for us and always remembered for your winner against the local upstarts! :thumbup:

Working with Rio (and his experience) will be good for you, always assuming you can understand a word he says, of course! :lol: :lol:

All the very best to you and we all move on :thumbup:

Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:05 am

Sven wrote:Thank you, Steven Caulker and good luck for your future. You did your best for us and always remembered for your winner against the local upstarts! :thumbup:

Working with Rio (and his experience) will be good for you, always assuming you can understand a word he says, of course! :lol: :lol:

All the very best to you and we all move on :thumbup:

Good post Sven but somebody on here will be posting he's crap somewhere along the line!!

Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:29 am

Gutted he's on his way out gonna miss his presence in the team massively. Would have been nice if he'd stay to help us back into the prem but on the other hand cant blame the lad if he wants to be playing in the Premier league. Good luck to him and thanks for everything :thumbup:

Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:32 am

Good luck to him. Still a young lad as well.

Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:18 am

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer resigned to losing Steven Caulker, Fraizer Campbell

By Callum Mulvihill, Reporter
Filed: Saturday, July 19, 2014

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has conceded that Steven Caulker and Fraizer Campbell will both definitely be leaving Cardiff City this summer.

Campbell has been repeatedly linked with a move to Crystal Palace in recent days, while Caulker is expected to complete a switch to Queens Park Rangers soon, and Solskjaer admits that he has been preparing for life in the Championship without the duo.

"I am resigned to losing both players, we are more or less planning for the new season without them," the Norwegian coach told reporters. "The boys have expressed a wish to play Premier League football again next season and we are resigned to losing them.

Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:04 am

Good deal for both clubs and Caulker himself I think. I think he was holding out Liverpool, but he will play and learn at Qpr with Rio and 'arry. Good luck Steve.

Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:50 pm

QPR remain confident of signing Cardiff’s Caulker
BY RICH JUDGES ⋅ JULY 20, 2014 ⋅ POST A COMMENT
Sky Sport News reports that QPR remain confident in the pursuit of Cardiff City’s Steven Caulker despite late interest from Southampton.

QPR and Southampton still keen on Cardiff's Caulker
With QPR already boosting their defending options by the purchase of Rio Ferdinand on a one-year deal, QPR yet to add yet more options with the Cardiff captain.

QPR will be off on their pre-season tour to Germany this week, but remain keen to enter negotiations for the 22-year-old in time for him to join them on the tour.

The defenders contract has a reported relegation release clause, which means he is free to leave the club for a fee thought to be in the region of £8m.

Southampton also wish to add to the defence with Dejan Lovren still wanted by Liverpool. Southampton have already turned down a bid of £20m for his services, new Saints manager Ronald Koeman has publicly stated he does not want to lose Lovren, but concedes “a top price” might mean the move goes ahead.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/qpr-re ... ker-101/?#

Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:55 pm

Has he signed yet!

:sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:23 pm

Queens Park Rangers close to agreeing £8 million transfer of Steven Caulker from Cardiff City
Harry Redknapp set to further bolster his defensive options following last week's signing of Rio Ferdinand

Harry Redknapp is set to further strengthen his Queens Park Rangers defence with the £8 million capture of Steven Caulker.
Redknapp is closing in on the signing of the Cardiff City captain and is hopeful of agreeing a deal ahead of Crystal Palace this week.
Caulker, 22, has an £8 million buy-out clause in his Cardiff contract and both Rangers and Palace have had bids accepted by the Championship club.
But Redknapp is growing increasingly confident of striking a deal and teaming Caulker up with new signing Rio Ferdinand in a revamped central defence.
Caulker’s move to Loftus Road will disappoint Tony Pulis, the Palace manager, who is struggling to make signings after handing co-chairman Steve Parish a list of targets at the end of last season.

By John Percy11:46PM BST 21 Jul 2014

Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:24 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Queens Park Rangers close to agreeing £8 million transfer of Steven Caulker from Cardiff City
Harry Redknapp set to further bolster his defensive options following last week's signing of Rio Ferdinand

Harry Redknapp is set to further strengthen his Queens Park Rangers defence with the £8 million capture of Steven Caulker.
Redknapp is closing in on the signing of the Cardiff City captain and is hopeful of agreeing a deal ahead of Crystal Palace this week.
Caulker, 22, has an £8 million buy-out clause in his Cardiff contract and both Rangers and Palace have had bids accepted by the Championship club.
But Redknapp is growing increasingly confident of striking a deal and teaming Caulker up with new signing Rio Ferdinand in a revamped central defence.
Caulker’s move to Loftus Road will disappoint Tony Pulis, the Palace manager, who is struggling to make signings after handing co-chairman Steve Parish a list of targets at the end of last season.

By John Percy11:46PM BST 21 Jul 2014

Cheers Tony :thumbup: :thumbright:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:41 am

Medical today.

Finally moving forward.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:53 pm

Deal Done ... At Last ;)