Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' John Brayford '

Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:27 pm

I would like to give Brayford a mention today for two reasons.

Firstly, I would like to comment on his performance, which I thought was very good. Brayford played right back in the second half and his engine is incredible, constantly making attacking runs to threaten, but also being able to get back to cover (Declan John was also superb today for the same reasons). I was impressed how vocal Brayford was, a couple of times he made overlapping runs and you could hear him shout "NOW!" and "YES!" when he wanted the reverse ball played to him to open them up. I was very encouraged with what I saw from Brayford today.

However, after the game, I stayed behind for a while because my mate said they were selling off leftover chips for a pound :lol: So I sat down in the stadium to finish off my chips and make friendly conversation with others. By the time I left the stadium and walked past the team coach, I saw fans hanging around waiting for the players to walk by onto the coach (I found out the coach cost £600,000 today and has a physio room built upstairs so they can treat players on the way back from games) :o All players stopped to pose for pictures and all players were approachable and stopped for a chat...except Brayford.

Although Brayford did stop to have a couple of pictures taken with fans, you couldn't get a word out of him. Maybe Brayford was in a bad mood about something, but instead of Brayford jumping onto the coach with the rest of the team, he instead walked away into his friends black Audi and went off on his own. Maybe there was a valid reason for this (I think Hudson left in a car separately too), but Brayford came across a very difficult character to me and it seemed he couldn't wait to get out of there. I can now easily see why there may have been a clash with Brayford last season.

However, I hope there is nothing in this and I hope Brayford is given a chance this season as he showed today what an excellent player he is.
Last edited by Tonteg Bluebird on Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: John Brayford

Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:28 pm

Cheers :thumbup:

I am a Brayford fan.

Re: ' John Brayford '

Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:35 pm

ALF left in his own car as well, same with Ole

Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:41 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:ALF left in his own car as well, same with Ole

Fair enough, if a few players did their own thing there's probably nothing in it then. :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cheers :thumbup:

I am a Brayford fan.

No problem Annis, hope you had a good day. :thumbup:

Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:45 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

I am a Brayford fan.

:thumbright:
Terrible game, but great day out thanks, your story interesting.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

I am a Brayford fan.

Agreed. I chose to drive today so I could spend a couple of hours in Bath as it was a nice day. Unfortunately, I encountered some Swans (in the river Avon) :lol:

Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:01 pm

I thought Brayford stood out as a real good player who hopefully can be persuaded to stay. His defensive duties were good and his attacking down the flank was excellent though at times his teamates failed to notice the runs and positions he was taking. He appears to have a great engine and can certainly make the right back position his own this season.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:08 pm

Good game seeming like a bad attitude. Hmmmm what do we make of that ? He had a few words with someone or is he a big time Charlie ? Thanks for that chief :thumbup:

Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:37 pm

You can read what ever you want into his actions & body language, but talking to a Blades fan recently (who i work with), I was told that he wants a permanent move to Sheffield Utd, & that they are waiting on things to "happen" before the new season starts. They are confident that Nigel Clough will get his man???

Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:05 pm

Few blades fans av been tweeting him tonight asking when he's signing.

Some guy put a video of his kids doing something and he replied.

Should never of gone on loan last season to be honest.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:19 pm

Maybe his heart lies in Sheffield. To be fair the way he was treated here I don't blame him.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:28 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Maybe his heart lies in Sheffield. To be fair the way he was treated here I don't blame him.

That's a fair point

Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:23 pm

Literally nothing to this. He's just one of the biggest dick heads in football you'll ever meet. I've spoke to him when he's been out and about, the guy is so arrogant. My mates a derby fan and said all the fans there know he is a first class dick. Haven't written on the forum in a good year but found my log in details to specifically make this point :lol:

Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:30 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

I am a Brayford fan.

Agreed. I chose to drive today so I could spend a couple of hours in Bath as it was a nice day. Unfortunately, I encountered some Swans (in the river Avon) :lol:

At least you could have a sensible conversation with them, Ross ;) :laughing6: :laughing6:

Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:36 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:You can read what ever you want into his actions & body language, but talking to a Blades fan recently (who i work with), I was told that he wants a permanent move to Sheffield Utd, & that they are waiting on things to "happen" before the new season starts. They are confident that Nigel Clough will get his man???

Sheffield United have no muscle to pull Brayford away from us. He'll only go if Ole sees him as surplus; seeing as right back was a position that we were weak at last season then if Brayford plays/trains well pre-season he wont be going anywhere.
Sheffield United fans have little reason to feel confident.

As for players not getting on the team bus? - gone are the days when a club's players all lived locally. High-powered cars/fast motorway links means that some would not be heading back to South Wales anyway.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:53 am

I believe it's public knowledge amongst many Derby fans that Brayford was shagging his best mates bird for a long time, and has done it to other mates, he's known to be an arrogant loves himself rocker, but footballing wise he looks a really good player, I believe he wants to be at Sheffield full time.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:59 am

Wolfpac wrote:I believe it's public knowledge amongst many Derby fans that Brayford was shagging his best mates bird for a long time, and has done it to other mates, he's known to be an arrogant loves himself rocker, but footballing wise he looks a really good player, I believe he wants to be at Sheffield full time.

Yes, I believe his best mate lives in Sheffield! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:19 am

I wouldn't be happy if brayford left us

Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:49 am

Was brayford the one with the stupid hair?

Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:33 am

He seemed to put in some good shifts for the Blades, and I hope he's given a chance especially with Kev going, but he needs to prove himself to us...

Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:19 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Was brayford the one with the stupid hair?

Yes

Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:04 am

Can't see him leaving as McNaughton is going out on loan for season.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:09 am

Surprised the famous dossiers didn't pick up on this, could be a reason malky didn't pick him.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:15 am

2blue2handle wrote:Surprised the famous dossiers didn't pick up on this, could be a reason malky didn't pick him.

I found it strange that when we signed him he was regarded as best right back in championship and in first game of season at west ham he was overlooked by Malky in favour of Connolly whose favoured position was centre back.

I was always a fan of Malky but the treatment of Brayford was bizarre.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:59 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I would like to give Brayford a mention today for two reasons.

Firstly, I would like to comment on his performance, which I thought was very good. Brayford played right back in the second half and his engine is incredible, constantly making attacking runs to threaten, but also being able to get back to cover (Declan John was also superb today for the same reasons). I was impressed how vocal Brayford was, a couple of times he made overlapping runs and you could hear him shout "NOW!" and "YES!" when he wanted the reverse ball played to him to open them up. I was very encouraged with what I saw from Brayford today.

However, after the game, I stayed behind for a while because my mate said they were selling off leftover chips for a pound :lol: So I sat down in the stadium to finish off my chips and make friendly conversation with others. By the time I left the stadium and walked past the team coach, I saw fans hanging around waiting for the players to walk by onto the coach (I found out the coach cost £600,000 today and has a physio room built upstairs so they can treat players on the way back from games) :o All players stopped to pose for pictures and all players were approachable and stopped for a chat...except Brayford.

Although Brayford did stop to have a couple of pictures taken with fans, you couldn't get a word out of him. Maybe Brayford was in a bad mood about something, but instead of Brayford jumping onto the coach with the rest of the team, he instead walked away into his friends black Audi and went off on his own. Maybe there was a valid reason for this (I think Hudson left in a car separately too), but Brayford came across a very difficult character to me and it seemed he couldn't wait to get out of there. I can now easily see why there may have been a clash with Brayford last season.

However, I hope there is nothing in this and I hope Brayford is given a chance this season as he showed today what an excellent player he is.

Regarding Brayford I saw exactly what you saw. For all the money he earns to do a job most people would love you would think he'd have a permanent smile on his face. Certainly looks a miserable bugger and while he did pause for a couple of photos he did so with a dead-pan face. Yes he did leave in a car and so did Husdson. :thumbup:

Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:05 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Surprised the famous dossiers didn't pick up on this, could be a reason malky didn't pick him.

Me too :thumbup:

Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:11 pm

The public courting of Brayford on Twitter and Facebook by Blades fans has been nothing short of embarrassing