' Swansea's loss,So Cardiff gain '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:09 pm

' Swansea's loss,So Cardiff gain a star for the future '

Lloyd Humphries 16 years old Cardiff City player :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Lloyd comes from Neath, his club as a kid was Bryncoch, he was recommended for a trial at Swansea at Under 9's, at the time, the coaching at the Swans was shocking, so Lloyd's Dad decided to take him to Cardiff City.

Lloyd has been there since he has been about 10, he has had numerous junior caps for Wales and is very highly rated. I think he will be a future full international and as long as Cardiff City do not sell him, he will play in your first team inside the next 2 or 3 seasons, he is only about 16 now, He has great pace, he is very confident on the ball and has a great range of passing excellent feet and a box of tricks.

I hope all is well my Friend, you take care and Good Luck for next season.

A Swansea ex coach
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Swansea's loss,So Cardiff gain '

Postby Woodville Willie » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:57 am

Forever Blue wrote:' Swansea's loss,So Cardiff gain a star for the future '

Lloyd Humphries 16 years old Cardiff City player :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Lloyd comes from Neath, his club as a kid was Bryncoch, he was recommended for a trial at Swansea at Under 9's, at the time, the coaching at the Swans was shocking, so Lloyd's Dad decided to take him to Cardiff City.

Lloyd has been there since he has been about 10, he has had numerous junior caps for Wales and is very highly rated. I think he will be a future full international and as long as Cardiff City do not sell him, he will play in your first team inside the next 2 or 3 seasons, he is only about 16 now, He has great pace, he is very confident on the ball and has a great range of passing excellent feet and a box of tricks.

A Swansea ex coach

Ironically, it could suit Lloyd that the seniors are a Championship side at present. He wouldn't get a look in at PL level yet. If he is as talented as I have read, maybe the odd cup game for just 20 mins or so to start with and see how he does.

Nice to have a local virtually home-grown lad come through!!!

:bluescarf: :thumbright:
True Blue
BLUE IS THE NEW BLUE!!!!
Woodville Willie

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:56 am

Woodville Willie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:' Swansea's loss,So Cardiff gain a star for the future '

A Swansea ex coach

Ironically, it could suit Lloyd that the seniors are a Championship side at present. He wouldn't get a look in at PL level yet. If he is as talented as I have read, maybe the odd cup game for just 20 mins or so to start with and see how he does.

Nice to have a local virtually home-grown lad come through!!!

:bluescarf: :thumbright:

Your prob right there, local youngsters struggle to get in to Premier League sides.
The coach that sent me this, is very well respected. :thumbright: :bluescarf:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Jackbustard » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:42 am

Devestated by this news, forget the fact we are running at a profit, its our 4th season in the Premier League and we are signing top quality players just forget it all.

The fact you have signed one of our academy players and have more seats than us really does show you are Wales number 1.

:thumbright:
RIP Cardiff City 1899 - 2012 - CCFC = Sell Our Soul Crew.
Jackbustard

Postby waddle » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:51 am

Reeco by any chance , if it is what a bitter man he's turned into since he was bombed out
Oh and well done by the way what a coup :D
Zaha and Nooney will be giving Rangel and Davies nightmares after Saturday

superkev talking bollocks yet again swansea 3 reds 0 8/2/14
waddle

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:24 pm

[quote="Jackbustard"]Devestated by this news, forget the fact we are running at a profit, its our 4th season in the Premier League and we are signing top quality players just forget it all.

The fact you have signed one of our academy players and have more seats than us really does show you are Wales number 1.

:thumbright:[/quote]

silly question but what the fck as anything you said got to do with thread?
only said your loss our gain? :lol:
ps if your scademy is so good why didnt he sign for you?
pembroke allan

Postby thehumblegringo » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:29 pm

As much as it pains me to say it, I was talking to someone the other day who told me that Swansea's academy has come on leaps and bounds. He said that they're about to apply for category A status soon and that we are at least 3 years behind them now.
thehumblegringo

Postby bluebird7291 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:35 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:As much as it pains me to say it, I was talking to someone the other day who told me that Swansea's academy has come on leaps and bounds. He said that they're about to apply for category A status soon and that we are at least 3 years behind them now.

someone was pulling your leg there, Cardiff are still miles ahead when it comes to the academy. They are only now reaching out to other areas, We as Cardiff have been doing this for years.

1. Cardiff are better for outfield
2. Swansea are better for goal keepers.

Honestly they are only going to take the next step "which we have already done" due to them recently building the training ground.

there are lots of good kids playing for Cardiff who are from Swansea, The kids who fail in Cardiff's academy tend to end up at Swansea from what i have seen.

UNLESS they are goalkeepers. they spend alot of time on goalkeepers, which we should take a leaf out of their book for.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:
bluebird7291

Postby thehumblegringo » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:47 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:
thehumblegringo wrote:As much as it pains me to say it, I was talking to someone the other day who told me that Swansea's academy has come on leaps and bounds. He said that they're about to apply for category A status soon and that we are at least 3 years behind them now.

someone was pulling your leg there, Cardiff are still miles ahead when it comes to the academy. They are only now reaching out to other areas, We as Cardiff have been doing this for years.

Honestly they are only going to take the next step "which we have already done" due to them recently building the training ground.

there are lots of good kids playing for Cardiff who are from Swansea, The kids who fail in Cardiff's academy tend to end up at Swansea from what i have seen.

UNLESS they are goalkeepers. they spend alot of time on goalkeepers, which we should take a leaf out of their book for.

I hope you are right mate. I was amazed when I was told. He said that they will have category A soon and then they'll be able to poach any player they want.
I'm not one to scaremonger neither do I feel the need to be right every time (and I severely hope that I'm wrong on this)
thehumblegringo

Postby 6 bysedd » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:03 pm

Doesn't surprise me at all and the coaching at the Swans academies isn't the best.My brothers kid is now with the Cardiff academy having been bombed out by the Swans a few months ago..The following day he had a phonecall off Cardiff asking him to train.They've definitely got their finger on the pulse.

Probably sounds like sour grapes I know but when he was at the Swans it was nothing short of shambolic and every single parent was tamping with how it was being run down there.

P.s I don't think reeco has anything to do at academy level.
To rest is to rust.
6 bysedd

Postby NJ73 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:10 pm

Swansea City: The pride of Wales
NJ73

Postby simon.wiesenthal » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:12 pm

6 bysedd wrote:Doesn't surprise me at all and the coaching at the Swans academies isn't the best.My brothers kid is now with the Cardiff academy having been bombed out by the Swans a few months ago..The following day he had a phonecall off Cardiff asking him to train.They've definitely got their finger on the pulse.

Probably sounds like sour grapes I know but when he was at the Swans it was nothing short of shambolic and every single parent was tamping with how it was being run down there.

it says ex coach.............the boy is now 20....was dumped by the swans at 9.......so its a coach that was there 11 years ago........
simon.wiesenthal

Postby 6 bysedd » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:16 pm

simon.wiesenthal wrote:
6 bysedd wrote:Doesn't surprise me at all and the coaching at the Swans academies isn't the best.My brothers kid is now with the Cardiff academy having been bombed out by the Swans a few months ago..The following day he had a phonecall off Cardiff asking him to train.They've definitely got their finger on the pulse.

it says ex coach.............the boy is now 20....was dumped by the swans at 9.......so its a coach that was there 11 years ago........

Tidy.Not sure we had an academy 11 years ago.A school of excellence maybe.
To rest is to rust.
6 bysedd

Postby simon.wiesenthal » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:28 pm

6 bysedd wrote:
simon.wiesenthal wrote:

Tidy.Not sure we had an academy 11 years ago.A school of excellence maybe.

you are correct........i dont think we had academy status 11years ago either.........but both clubs were recruiting 8 year olds at the time whether it be academy status or not.......and the one hour travelling rule was also around then..
simon.wiesenthal

Postby thehumblegringo » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:36 pm

NJ73 wrote:http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/dave-adams-appointment-1554980.aspx

to be fair it doesn't look as if you are far off.
of course we would need to be promoted again anyway before we can even consider applying for category 1 status.

I think it's essential that Tan looks into the football governance of our club so that if Ole leaves we are not left back to square one again.
We need to be looking at potential replacements now as a contingency plan.
thehumblegringo

Postby 6 bysedd » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:38 pm

I'm not sure you need to be PL for cat 1 status.I thought I read recently that Barnsley have it in place.Could be wrong though.
To rest is to rust.
6 bysedd

Postby Senhin » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:27 pm

Him getting in the team in 2 to 3 years doesn't make him sound that impressive tbh...
Senhin

Postby JimmyJazz » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:32 pm

please make this a sticky - almost an entire discussion on football and virtually no abuse!! :ayatollah:
My father missed the cup final in 1927 as my grandad only had 2 tickets, and my Dad had an older brother!
JimmyJazz

Postby nickyj » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:52 pm

funny enough was at an swansea city academy presentation yesterday and they are pushing for grade 1 status as soon as possible they have taken on full time coaches and are going for it
nickyj

Postby waddle » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:00 pm

From what I can understand is that Swansea are more selective than cardiff and target individuals while Cardiff throw out a net so to speak and offer a lot of kids to train with them , many kids from my area have trained with the Cardiff set up
Not sure which is the best way tbh

waddle

Postby simon.wiesenthal » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:05 pm

waddle wrote:From what I can understand is that Swansea are more selective than cardiff and target individuals while Cardiff throw out a net so to speak and offer a lot of kids to train with them , many kids from my area have trained with the Cardiff set up

not enough boys from South Wales making it at mo.......both clubs under achieving after both spending a fortune on improving bringing youngsters through.......
simon.wiesenthal

Postby waddle » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:07 pm

He was kids coach for about that age wasn't he and if he was 10 and he's now 16 it was only 6 yrs ago , but if I'm wrong I'll apologise just sounds like it may be him to me

waddle

Postby waddle » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:09 pm

simon.wiesenthal wrote:
waddle wrote:From what I can understand is that Swansea are more selective than cardiff and target individuals while Cardiff throw out a net so to speak and offer a lot of kids to train with them , many kids from my area have trained with the Cardiff set up

not enough boys from South Wales making it at mo.......both clubs under achieving after both spending a fortune on improving bringing youngsters through.......

Well we've only been an academy for 2 seasons so it is going to take us a bit of time , but only hearing good things about our setup so exciting times ahead I think

waddle

Postby simon.wiesenthal » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:12 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:

been told this about keepers a few times..........but its THE most difficult position to bring players through......we have 3 pretty descent and relatively young keepers in the squad already.......outfield players can get minutes in early rounds of cups or as subs even play out of preferred position......with keepers those games go to the no2 or no3.........plus goalkeeper is the position you can strengthen in the transfer market for the least money....so it could be a lot of effort for little reward.
simon.wiesenthal

Postby 6 bysedd » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:31 pm

You'll get Cardiff scouts at an opening of an envelope.They've saturated South Wales and like Waddle's just said, their philosophy seems to be quantity over quality.It is a difficult one though because it seems to work and they often beat Swansea when they play.

I just hope that Swansea aren't of the delusion in thinking that because we're Premier League and a good draw at the moment that any kid or parent would choose us over Cardiff because of this.I don't think that is the case to be honest because we're not that arrogant but we are behind Cardiff at this level no doubt.I think the number of changes at coaching level down here and the lack of direction shows that we aren't satisfied and are aware of this so hopefully we can get it right with this Adams chap and push on.
To rest is to rust.
6 bysedd

Postby simon.wiesenthal » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:58 pm

6 bysedd wrote:You'll get Cardiff scouts at an opening of an envelope.They've saturated South Wales and like Waddle's just said, their philosophy seems to be quantity over quality.It is a difficult one though because it seems to work and they often beat Swansea when they play.

I just hope that Swansea aren't of the delusion in thinking that because we're Premier League and a good draw at the moment that any kid or parent would choose us over Cardiff because of this.I don't think that is the case to be honest because we're not that arrogant but we are behind Cardiff at this level no doubt.I think the number of changes at coaching level down here and the lack of direction shows that we aren't satisfied and are aware of this so hopefully we can get it right with this Adams chap and push on.

how did you lose emyr Huws to Man City?
simon.wiesenthal

Postby simon.wiesenthal » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:00 pm

JimmyJazz wrote:please make this a sticky - almost an entire discussion on football and virtually no abuse!! :ayatollah:

maybe its better off the radar....
simon.wiesenthal

Postby 6 bysedd » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:08 pm

simon.wiesenthal wrote:
6 bysedd wrote:You'll get Cardiff scouts at an opening of an envelope.They've saturated South Wales and like Waddle's just said, their philosophy seems to be quantity over quality.It is a difficult one though because it seems to work and they often beat Swansea when they play.

I'm not really sure.A broken arm scenario springs to mind but that might be Adam Matthews to you boys?? Maybe they came in for him when we weren't as established, although they've the money to gazump any deal for any kid at any club I suppose.All said they took Huws when they werent as filthy rich and powerful.Not really sure tbh but like you say they did pluck him from our youth set up which was school of excellence at the time.
To rest is to rust.
6 bysedd

Postby simon.wiesenthal » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:25 pm

6 bysedd wrote:
simon.wiesenthal wrote:

I'm not really sure.A broken arm scenario springs to mind but that might be Adam Matthews to you boys?? Maybe they came in for him when we weren't as established, although they've the money to gazump any deal for any kid at any club I suppose.All said they took Huws when they werent as filthy rich and powerful.Not really sure tbh but like you say they did pluck him from our youth set up which was school of excellence at the time.[/quote

the broken arm was Mathews.......his cousin is with us too { a goalkeeper }......Emyr is a loss though
simon.wiesenthal

Postby simon.wiesenthal » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:29 pm

waddle wrote:

He was kids coach for about that age wasn't he and if he was 10 and he's now 16 it was only 6 yrs ago , but if I'm wrong I'll apologise just sounds like it may be him to me

you 1st started doing under 9s around 98 or 99....and he was the coach for that team........not sure how long he stayed or what age groups he coached though
simon.wiesenthal

Next

Return to General Chat