Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If Marshall wants to go then I'd say let him

Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:33 pm

He's been a fantastic servant to the club and no one should stop him going to a big club like Arsenal inmy opinion especially at the age he is now because it will be his last chance to join a top 4 club.

For a fee like £8 million the club could easily bank around £6/6.5 million and get a keeper good enough for the Championship for £1/1.5 million who could then go on and improve like Marshall has.

Personally I'd say good luck to him no matter what

Re: If Marshall wants to go then I'd say let him

Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:48 pm

Any player that wants to leave should be allowed to, subject to price of course.

Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:50 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:Any player that wants to leave should be allowed to, subject to price of course.

I agree

Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:14 pm

Nobody's stopping him. If Arsenal pay what we want then he will be allowed to go. f**k them anyway tucked us up on Ramsey.

Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:19 pm

And how did they tuck us up with Ramsey? The only person who did that was Ridsdale!!!! At least Arsenal paid his fee up front which helped with HMRC unlike other clubs who also wanted him at the time

Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:48 pm

its nice to be in a position where keeping our best players is more important than the fee..Arsenal didnt rip us off over Ramsey,but we were in no position to hang on till the next window..or risk just saying no.......

Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:49 pm

But he hasn't actually said he wants to leave, in fact it's the opposite

Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:19 pm

welshman19 wrote:But he hasn't actually said he wants to leave, in fact it's the opposite

dont think many players who are regular would want to leave clubs if everything was even.....its mostly financial rewards that lure them.