Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Andrew Taylor Not Sold,Given Away to Wigan '

Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:19 pm

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/ :thumbup:

Wigan have not paid a fee up front for Andrew Taylor, but City will be due a pay-out if Wigan are promoted to the Premier League.

Is that good business?

Should we have kept Taylor in the Championship?

Opinions please :thumbup:

Andrew Taylor Now a Wigan Player.
link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142445

News Now

Tuesday 2nd June 2014.

Not so long ago Newcastle manager Alan Pardew made an offer for left-back Andrew Taylor but Cardiff City snubbed the idea.

Now the 27-year-old has joined Wigan on a three-year contract.

He was a regular starter for the Bluebirds after joining them from Middlesbrough in 2011 and made over 100 appearances for the Welsh club in all competitions.

However, the former England U-21 international fell out of favour during last season’s Premier League campaign and Latics boss Uwe Rosler has now snapped him up.

Re: ' Andrew Taylor Not Sold,Given Away to Wigan '

Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:21 pm

Yes we needed him off the wage list, he wasnt going to play at all this season imo, john and fabio are far better left backs to him. He would have turned into a lappin just here wasting money for no reason

Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:22 pm

Sometimes it's about getting people off the wage bill, especially players who won't attract much of a fee. Otherwise no one will buy him and he will be on 15-20k a wk cleaning the toilets.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:22 pm

Always_be_blue wrote:Yes we needed him off the wage list, he wasnt going to play at all this season imo, john and fabio are far better left backs to him. He would have turned into a lappin just here wasting money for no reason

Taylors not very good he's slow and we have much better here now

Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:23 pm

Thank god hes gone hes sluggish as hell gets caught out in most games and cost us way tomany goals last season and the one before, we have better already imo :thumbup:

Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:24 pm

Looked good going forward but defensively he always allowed his opponent to get a cross into our box.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:29 pm

He was poor in the prem but very consistently good in our promotion season. Not sure why people say John is a lot better than him at LB. John is a winger. Not defensively good enough to be LB.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:33 pm

I agree im a fan of tayls but its 1 of these where we have to trim the wage bill with bellend gone and the others thats got to be 100k a week better off to pay the 4 new lads we got in so good buisness unless he comes back to haunt us like most ex city players do but he gave 100% every game I wish him all the best

Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:50 pm

Super Kev wrote:He was poor in the prem but very consistently good in our promotion season. Not sure why people say John is a lot better than him at LB. John is a winger. Not defensively good enough to be LB.

I agree that Taylor was consistently good in the Championship and he also didn't pick up any injuries or suspensions, in fact he only missed 5 games through injury in the whole time he was with CCFC (thigh knock April 2014) and no suspensions throughout his career. Nathan Blake regularly raved about his play in the Championship as he always put in a good shift and was a bit of an unsung hero working hard off the ball (the type of industrious player Malky likes). However, the Premier was a step to far. John in comparison is not the finished article, but with his pace and attacking flair has the potential to be a very good LB and age is on his side. Therefore, I think that John will perform to a similar or better ability than Taylor for probably a lot less money (due to his age) and with his potential and young age will only increase in value.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:52 pm

im all for trimming the wage bill, bit i reckon there must be 15 players on more than Taylor, i would have got rid of Fabio personally.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:52 pm

Like others have said, needed him off the payroll and he wouldn't get into the side ahead of Fabio or Declan. Good business.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:57 pm

What I heard is that we did get a fee for him upfront and more if they get promoted :thumbup:

Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:00 pm

popeye21 wrote:
Super Kev wrote:He was poor in the prem but very consistently good in our promotion season. Not sure why people say John is a lot better than him at LB. John is a winger. Not defensively good enough to be LB.

I agree that Taylor was consistently good in the Championship and he also didn't pick up any injuries or suspensions, in fact he only missed 5 games through injury in the whole time he was with CCFC (thigh knock April 2014) and no suspensions throughout his career. Nathan Blake regularly raved about his play in the Championship as he always put in a good shift and was a bit of an unsung hero working hard off the ball (the type of industrious player Malky likes). However, the Premier was a step to far. John in comparison is not the finished article, but with his pace and attacking flair has the potential to be a very good LB and age is on his side. Therefore, I think that John will perform to a similar or better ability than Taylor for probably a lot less money (due to his age) and with his potential and young age will only increase in value.

he got two yellows against hull in the last game in the championship and missed our first game of the premier league

Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:04 pm

paulh_85 wrote:im all for trimming the wage bill, bit i reckon there must be 15 players on more than Taylor, i would have got rid of Fabio personally.

Why would we do that? He's quality.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:04 pm

cost of his wages is higher than fee get for him, so best move while someone wants him! sure can replace with better at same if not better deal for the club. after all one mans pedigree is anothers mongrel! :old:

Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:15 pm

We wont get anything for him then cant see wigan going up if they cant afford a nominal fee that would of got him outright instead of a clause

Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:19 pm

Personally i cant wait to see him try to mark Noone or Daehli either that should be fun :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Wigan have not paid a fee up front for Andrew Taylor, but City will be due a pay-out if Wigan are promoted to the Premier League.

Is that good business?

Should we have kept Taylor in the Championship?

Opinions please :thumbup:

Andrew Taylor Now a Wigan Player.
link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142445

News Now

Tuesday 2nd June 2014.

Not so long ago Newcastle manager Alan Pardew made an offer for left-back Andrew Taylor but Cardiff City snubbed the idea.

Now the 27-year-old has joined Wigan on a three-year contract.

He was a regular starter for the Bluebirds after joining them from Middlesbrough in 2011 and made over 100 appearances for the Welsh club in all competitions.

However, the former England U-21 international fell out of favour during last season’s Premier League campaign and Latics boss Uwe Rosler has now snapped him up.

I believe it's called a free transfer and they happen all the time

Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:29 pm

He was an important part of Malky's team, and did well when we won the Championship by eight points. So, on that basis, thanks Andrew, and all the best for the future. Decent player, and a nice bloke.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:39 pm

I am not at all surprised he has gone but surprised it's to a top Championship team..a good attacking full back but his defensive abilities poor,.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:41 pm

Lets face it.he had whittingham in front of him at the start of the season so he always had to deal with two men,an inevitable overlap and then what appeared to be an easy ball in to the box thanks to the lack of support.
hardly a surprise that his confidence was shot to peices

Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:43 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:He was an important part of Malky's team, and did well when we won the Championship by eight points. So, on that basis, thanks Andrew, and all the best for the future. Decent player, and a nice bloke.

I agree - yes he lacked a bit of pace but I felt he always put a shift in, and a lot of criticism he got was from the same people calling Huds a donkey every other week, then calling him the best CB in the Championship!

Gave his all, was a worker with a decent left foot - Left back is one of the hardest positions to fill properly, and we've had an issue there for some time before Tayls turned up.

I believe that whatever deal we did for selling Taylor to Wigan, that it was more than likely to be in the best overall interest of the club - and, lets not forget, the player as well with Fabio and John plus Super Kev in the squad.

Thank you Andrew Taylor - top bloke who always thought of the crowd, and for me made a connection with us.

:ayatollah:

Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:48 pm

paulh_85 wrote:im all for trimming the wage bill, bit i reckon there must be 15 players on more than Taylor, i would have got rid of Fabio personally.

Fabio was one of our best players at the end of the season and he has a much higher ceiling than Taylor.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:53 pm

I put up fabios dado rail and i can confirm that his ceiling is only of average height tho he does own an oversized rug that really finishes the room off and highlights his curtains

Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:54 pm

I cannot comment on taylors ceiling but im led to believe he is a big fan of statement wallpaper on his fireplaces

Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:04 pm

moz-dublin wrote:I put up fabios dado rail and i can confirm that his ceiling is only of average height tho he does own an oversized rug that really finishes the room off and highlights his curtains

:laughing6:

Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:11 pm

Igovernor wrote:What I heard is that we did get a fee for him upfront and more if they get promoted :thumbup:

Yeah, but you're always wrong :thumbup:

Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:16 pm

Igovernor wrote:What I heard is that we did get a fee for him upfront and more if they get promoted :thumbup:

Ive just checked, Taylor def went on a Free transfer, with City only getting any money if Wigan go up.

City are finally cutting the heavy wage bill they have, thats the positive I see out of this :thumbright:

Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:24 pm

If it's good business depends on how much he is on per week.

I don't think it's bad business either way as we needed better and have John as back up.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:48 pm

JimmyJazz wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:He was an important part of Malky's team, and did well when we won the Championship by eight points. So, on that basis, thanks Andrew, and all the best for the future. Decent player, and a nice bloke.

I agree - yes he lacked a bit of pace but I felt he always put a shift in, and a lot of criticism he got was from the same people calling Huds a donkey every other week, then calling him the best CB in the Championship!

Gave his all, was a worker with a decent left foot - Left back is one of the hardest positions to fill properly, and we've had an issue there for some time before Tayls turned up.

I believe that whatever deal we did for selling Taylor to Wigan, that it was more than likely to be in the best overall interest of the club - and, lets not forget, the player as well with Fabio and John plus Super Kev in the squad.

Thank you Andrew Taylor - top bloke who always thought of the crowd, and for me made a connection with us.

:ayatollah:

Good post. Sums up Andrew Taylor's contribution to our club nicely.