Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' ANDREW TAYLOR SOLD TO WIGAN ATHLETIC '

Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:He played a huge part in our promotion season. Good luck Taylor. :ayatollah:

:thumbright:

We both agree :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluescarf:

Annis, stop stalking me :laughing5:

Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:39 pm

Natman Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:He played a huge part in our promotion season. Good luck Taylor. :ayatollah:

:lol:

I do it it in a nice way :thumbright: you only try to twist everything I post.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:40 pm

Weak link, good news he has gone.

Won't miss his pass backs to the keeper.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:40 pm

Always thought he was a midfielder playing left back.good feet and passing ability but not a great tackler.Nice enough bloke and done ok most of the time in the championship for us so wish him all the best.........but not against us. :wave:

Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:49 pm

Always liked Taylor, thought he was one of our better players in the Chanpionship, especially in the first season. Weren't good enough for the Prem but definitely good enough for a top 6 Championship team. People just seem to have short memories because he didn't perform last season.

Good luck To him :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

:lol:

I do it it in a nice way :thumbright: you only try to twist everything I post.

Sorry I forgot to add this:

JOKE ALERT - JOKE ALERT - JOKE ALERT

Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:54 pm

Not too unhappy, been a good servant but Declan John will only get better next season & we have others who can cover. Unless of course there is another LB lined up? :roll:

Re: ANDREW TAYLOR SOLD TO WIGAN ATHLETIC

Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:19 pm

Super Kev wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
brickyblue wrote:The Liverpool game shows he had not enough pace a good defender at champ level good luck to the lad glad hes gone.

Liverpool away, I never seen a guy chase his own shadow in a match before.

I have to agree with that. Everyone at that game was screaming for MM to get him off. Sterling killed him.

To be fair Sterling has killed better defenders that Andrew Taylor this season.

Re: ANDREW TAYLOR SOLD TO WIGAN ATHLETIC

Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:24 pm

llandaffbluebird1 wrote:Great news. Absolute awful defender

Was he really?? :o

Wasn't the worse we had in my time and always put a shift in, so I wish him all the very best rather than slagging him off (which appears to be the current "in" thing to do)

Could have "done a job" in the Championship (as he did before) and an improving Wigan obviously agree :thumbup:

Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:50 pm

Sven wrote:
llandaffbluebird1 wrote:Great news. Absolute awful defender

Was he really?? :o

Wasn't the worse we had in my time and always put a shift in, so I wish him all the very best rather than slagging him off (which appears to be the current "in" thing to do)

Could have "done a job" in the Championship (as he did before) and an improving Wigan obviously agree :thumbup:

I agree Sven, some of the comments form posters on the various threads concerning Taylor, must have been cracking players themselves!

Personally, I thought he improved defensively from when he first came to us, as he definitely seemed to allow his wingers too much room!

My only gripe with Taylor, was that he was/is too one footed and I found him frustrating on many an occasion, especially when he cut inside on a good diagonal run where you could see the space open up in front of him, but he'd subsequently have to bail out of his run, as the opportunity was arising for a right footed shot and he had to pass the ball backwards or sideways, as he couldn't shoot with his right foot!

Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:30 pm

meh :wave:

Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:33 am

One of those OGS said wouldn't play again last season for ignoring his instructions. Argued with each other on the pitch and never made the squad again.

I got frustrated with his constant passing back and lack of adventure. Mind you Declan John's attacking flair fails to mask his lack of defensive qualities (I know he was a late convert to full back) and I'd still go for a quality full back from the market.