Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ANDREW TAYLOR SOLD TO WIGAN ATHLETIC

Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:32 am

Good championship defender! Wigan have got a good signing imo.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:38 am

poor defender only decent thing he had was a cross

Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:41 am

How much?

Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:58 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Taylor wasn't good enough for the Premiership, but was one of our best players in the Championship. I think Fabio and John are more than good enough though, plus McNaughton can fill in there. With a choice from KTC, Brayford and Connolly for right back, I think we could still do with offloading one more full back, which will probably be KTC.

What? Conway had to cover him because Malky knew how poor he was at defending. His positioning is awful, he constantly gets skinned, and poor tackling. Easily our worst full back.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:04 am

I think Taylor deserves more respect than someone in this thread are showing. Yes, his time was up with us but he was one of our more consistent and solid performers in our Championship-winning season. We could all see the Premier League was a step too far though and we've got great full back cover on the left in Declan John and Fabio anyway so it made sense to get rid.

Best of luck at Wigan Taylor!

Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:06 am

CF47 BLUEBIRD wrote:Loving the work by OGS. Getting him off the wage bill and decreasing a rivals chance of promotion at the same time.

Great move.

Spot on. All he has to do now is get rid of KTC, Connolly, velikonja, Maynard, jones, cowie, Gunnar, Berget and Kim bo and I'll be a happy man.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:08 am

To be honest i'm happy with this sale, he was decent but then John was starting to push him out of the team and he is only 18!! Still will be a good player for Wigan but i'm not sorry to see him go - the team needs a fresh look and this helps.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:11 am

Not sure why people are ripping into him. He was consistently good in the Champ and did a job. Good luck at Wigan. :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:34 am

Always_be_blue wrote:Easy 6 points against wigan next season then, just play down our right against taylor and we will be in every time ;)

Yeah we will be fine as long as Wigan don't attack down their right against Declan John who is a far worse defender than Taylor. Let's hope Ole has got a new left back lined up.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:37 am

Nemo wrote:
Always_be_blue wrote:Easy 6 points against wigan next season then, just play down our right against taylor and we will be in every time ;)

Yeah we will be fine as long as Wigan don't attack down their right against Declan John who is a far worse defender than Taylor. Let's hope Ole has got a new left back lined up.

Declan is a superior player to Taylor, watch him over the next couple of years!

Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:38 am

Nemo wrote:

Agree John is poor, never a left back. That's why he was in the prem flops team of the year, he's a winger at best.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:58 am

T1JMO wrote:
Nemo wrote:

Declan is a superior player to Taylor, watch him over the next couple of years!

I watched him last year. Very good with the ball at his feet going forward but his positional play is awful, he does not have a defender's ability to read the game and at present he is too small and weak to make a good full back. Look at the way he allowed Dyer- the smallest player on the pitch- to lose him in order to score for Swansea with a header at the far post.(If Taylor or KTC had done that they would have been crucified on here). Or the way Gareth Barry outmuscled him in the same position to set up the winner for Everton. And I Iost count of the number of times he was beaten by a simple ball played inside him opening up our entire defence. He might develop into a decent full back in time. But at the moment I think we may be doing no more than ruining a potentially excellent winger

Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:59 am

Does he want a lift

Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:02 pm

Gone on a free transfer apparently.

Good luck to him. Solid championship player but I would imagine that Ole will only be aiming to keep players who can get us up to the Premiership and keep us there.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:14 pm

Taylor v Noone ...... only 1 winner :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:20 pm

Whilst not PL standard, he did a good job for us in our promotion push and also is a decent bloke - good luck Tayls.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:25 pm

Can't believe bobby blue wants to get rid of Kimbo and Gunnarson to decent players especially at championship level. Connelly, Velikonja, Jones, Berget and Cowie are the ones I'd want out personally and i think the rest of the squad are strong enough to take us back up cant wait for the season to start :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:26 pm

Is there any confirmation on the guy in the CCS who had a sniper and aimed at Taylor everytime he thought about passing it forward?

Absolute scenes and a very happy day for CCFC.

Hopefully there's an event for a party being planned.

After West Brom away and his performance I think this is too good.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:34 pm

The Liverpool game shows he had not enough pace a good defender at champ level good luck to the lad glad hes gone.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:35 pm

brickyblue wrote:The Liverpool game shows he had not enough pace a good defender at champ level good luck to the lad glad hes gone.

Liverpool away, I never seen a guy chase his own shadow in a match before.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:35 pm

The Liverpool game shows he had not enough pace a good defender at champ level good luck to the lad glad hes gone.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:41 pm

I have never minded him as much as others but we needed to strenghen at Left back and we have John as back up. Good move all round.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:50 pm

Super Kev wrote:Not sure why people are ripping into him. He was consistently good in the Champ and did a job. Good luck at Wigan. :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

you mean consistently poor at defending and chasing after people when its too late , had a good cross that's all you should watch more of the games next season . :bluescarf:

Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:06 pm

Good luck Andrew.Thanks for putting in a good few years for us and helping us win Championship.Always came over as a decent bloke .

Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:17 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:Makes me think we have someone lined up

Why? We have Brayford, McNaughton and (sadly) KTC available at right-back with Fabio and John both more than capable at playing on the left at Championship level.

I would hope that it's just a matter of getting him off the wage bill.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:18 pm

Jonny88 wrote:Can't believe bobby blue wants to get rid of Kimbo and Gunnarson to decent players especially at championship level. Connelly, Velikonja, Jones, Berget and Cowie are the ones I'd want out personally and i think the rest of the squad are strong enough to take us back up cant wait for the season to start :ayatollah:

The Gunn used to be one of my favourite players last time we were in the champ, unfortunately his injury to his shoulder has damaged his game and he has not been the same player since. To be fair to the Gunn as he was one of my fav players, I think he should be given a shot, Kim bo on the other hand has been a bag of wank for 2 seasons, sell sell sell.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:20 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:
brickyblue wrote:The Liverpool game shows he had not enough pace a good defender at champ level good luck to the lad glad hes gone.

Liverpool away, I never seen a guy chase his own shadow in a match before.

I have to agree with that. Everyone at that game was screaming for MM to get him off. Sterling killed him.

Re: ' ANDREW TAYLOR SOLD TO WIGAN ATHLETIC '

Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:30 pm

He played a huge part in our promotion season. Good luck Taylor. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:31 pm

JonCCFC wrote:He played a huge part in our promotion season. Good luck Taylor. :ayatollah:

:thumbright:

Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:34 pm

Natman Blue wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:He played a huge part in our promotion season. Good luck Taylor. :ayatollah:

:thumbright:

We both agree :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluescarf: