Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Latest on Steven Caulker '

Fri May 23, 2014 11:10 am

Steven Caulkers agent is looking at rentals in Liverpool and has now spoken to Cardiff and Liverpool.

City and Liverpool have agreed a transfer fee, but it is all down to Caulker now regarding his personal terms.

Re: ' Latest on Steven Caulker '

Fri May 23, 2014 11:16 am

Forever Blue wrote:Steven Caulkers agent is looking at rentals in Liverpool and has now spoken to Cardiff and Liverpool.

City and Liverpool have agreed a transfer fee, but it is all down to Caulker now regarding his personal terms.

Any idea on the fee ??

Fri May 23, 2014 11:17 am

Mad how he's earned himself a move to title contenders. I hope it's a decent fee and doesn't get us royally done over giving Spurs a sell on fee

Fri May 23, 2014 11:46 am

PartyWithOle wrote:Mad how he's earned himself a move to title contenders. I hope it's a decent fee and doesn't get us royally done over giving Spurs a sell on fee

I wouldn't be surprised if we made a small lose on him on the initial fee.

Get the rest dependant on caps perhaps.

Fri May 23, 2014 11:49 am

Wayne S wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:Mad how he's earned himself a move to title contenders. I hope it's a decent fee and doesn't get us royally done over giving Spurs a sell on fee

Absolutely unacceptable! Small clubs selling to big clubs must make a profit :old:

Fri May 23, 2014 12:02 pm

we split 50/50 with Spurs anything over the 8 million we paid spurs for him :bluescarf: :old: :bluescarf:

Fri May 23, 2014 12:02 pm

7Summit wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Absolutely unacceptable! Small clubs selling to big clubs must make a profit :old:

Just think we will be glad to recoup most of our fee and write the rest off as a payment for our year in the Premier League.

We get rid of the wages as well and then our parachute payment stretches a little further.

Also do early deals, slightly cheaper and use the cash to get the squad together nice and early.

Fri May 23, 2014 12:05 pm

if we get 10 mil for him, we get our 8 mil back, we make 1 mi9l and spurs make 1 mil, happy days, everyone's a winner :bluescarf: :old: :bluescarf:

Fri May 23, 2014 12:13 pm

I'm not surprised Liverpool have gone for him purely as they need a certain amount of British players for the Champions League.

Fri May 23, 2014 12:24 pm

If it's true that United and Southampton are also looking at him then we should hold out. We could get £15m for him that way

Fri May 23, 2014 12:56 pm

CantonJack wrote:If it's true that United and Southampton are also looking at him then we should hold out. We could get £15m for him that way

All clubs will bid the same leaving the decision up to the player.

Fri May 23, 2014 1:03 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:I'm not surprised Liverpool have gone for him purely as they need a certain amount of British players for the Champions League.

Exactly! :ayatollah:

Sat May 24, 2014 9:18 am

Really not a player I will be sad to see go or Medel. Marshall, Mutch and Noone on the other hand I would miss.