Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff to meet Lewis Grabban's £3m release clause

Mon May 12, 2014 10:55 am

Monday 14th May 2014.

Cardiff have started planning for next season by making a move for Bournemouth forward Lewis Grabban

The Bluebirds have been relegated from the Barclays Premier League and manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has the task of securing an instant top-flight return next season.
Target: Bournemouth's 22-goal striker Lewis Grabban is wanted by Cardiff City boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Target: Bournemouth's 22-goal striker Lewis Grabban is wanted by Cardiff City boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
The Welsh club are trying to wrap up a move for Grabban, who scored 22 goals for the Cherries this season.
Grabban has a £3million release clause, a fee that Cardiff owner Vincent Tan is willing to meet.
However, Cardiff are not the only club interested in the 26-year-old, with Brighton also understood to be keen on signing the forward.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z31UuxIk1N

Re: Cardiff to meet Lewis Grabban's £3m release clause

Mon May 12, 2014 10:56 am

not sure about this one if im honest.

Mon May 12, 2014 10:58 am

paulh_85 wrote:not sure about this one if im honest.

Looked very good whenever I've seen him play

Mon May 12, 2014 11:03 am

Goal scorer, get him in. 26 not a bad age either

Mon May 12, 2014 11:22 am

would much rather McCormack, proven goal scorer and a Cardiff boy

Mon May 12, 2014 11:25 am

17AG wrote:would much rather McCormack, proven goal scorer and a Cardiff boy

The Cardiff boy from Scotland? :?

Mon May 12, 2014 11:35 am

How can anyone be unsure about a striker whose scored 22 goals for a newly promoted side?

Mon May 12, 2014 11:42 am

PartyWithOle wrote:How can anyone be unsure about a striker whose scored 22 goals for a newly promoted side?

because i would rather have longer proof than 1 season.

Gestede Championship scoring record this/last season is better than that.... would you take 3 million for him?

for a few million more i would get Deeney, and if we can really afford it (which we probably cant) Rhodes.

Mon May 12, 2014 11:43 am

Rhodes or Deeney can't cost much more than that.

Mon May 12, 2014 11:45 am

RFMH wrote:Rhodes or Deeney can't cost much more than that.

Rhodes bought for 8, why would Blackburn sell for any less? Deeney off to Palace apparently

Mon May 12, 2014 11:49 am

PartyWithOle wrote:

Rhodes bought for 8, why would Blackburn sell for any less? Deeney off to Palace apparently

5 years deal for Rhodes (2017) :shock: that boy must be a but miffed they haven't reached the play offs yet.

If ole wants him fair enough I'll back him, but £3mil is a lot of someone who's done ok - exceptional.

Le Fondre or Ross would be cheaper and arguably more proven.

Mon May 12, 2014 11:52 am

RFMH wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:

5 years deal for Rhodes (2017) :shock: that boy must be a but miffed they haven't reached the play offs yet.

If ole wants him fair enough I'll back him, but £3mil is a lot of someone who's done ok - exceptional.

No doubt they will charge next season, 11 game unbeaten run.

3m for Grabban is decent IMO. Ross would cost us 4m as that is what we were getting him for in Jan, maybe even higher now since we're division rivals. Le Fondre may come for the same price

Mon May 12, 2014 12:13 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:
RFMH wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:

No doubt they will charge next season, 11 game unbeaten run.

3m for Grabban is decent IMO. Ross would cost us 4m as that is what we were getting him for in Jan, maybe even higher now since we're division rivals. Le Fondre may come for the same price

If it is true I'm glad we're trying to do our business early and get a decent squad together going into the league.

Mon May 12, 2014 12:15 pm

A good Championship player but not worth £3m. Don't think he could do the business in the Premiership. We need to be setting our sights higher.

Mon May 12, 2014 12:18 pm

Stan_B wrote:A good Championship player but not worth £3m. Don't think he could do the business in the Premiership. We need to be setting our sights higher.

I think us getting a player who has scored 15 La Liga goals this season is more than high enough for a C'ship club. A Prem team would be happy with that mun. Grabban will probably partner Guerra if Campbell goes.

Mon May 12, 2014 2:19 pm

Thought Ole wanted a smaller squad?!
Already got another striker in the bag, honestly believe in attacking areas we are sorted.
Mason, Maynard, Guerra and Healy (Campbell should be let go) should be enough to bag goals. Not to mention the goals we have from midfield in Mutch, Whitts, Noone and Gunnar (top scorer last year). Mind you Guerra could be the next Velikonja!!

Mon May 12, 2014 2:22 pm

bloobird97 wrote:Thought Ole wanted a smaller squad?!
Already got another striker in the bag, honestly believe in attacking areas we are sorted.
Mason, Maynard, Guerra and Healy (Campbell should be let go) should be enough to bag goals. Not to mention the goals we have from midfield in Mutch, Whitts, Noone and Gunnar (top scorer last year). Mind you Guerra could be the next Velikonja!!

Velikonja never scored 15 goals in a La Liga season before, Guerra has

Mon May 12, 2014 2:25 pm

He had a release clause for £1.1m in January and we activated it and he came down and everything was going to be signed and he refused and Bournemouth extended his contract with a hefty wage rise which we couldn't match. Now his release clause is now £3m. If you buy him then you're looking at paying him £15 - £20k a week plus signing on fee, agent money so you'll be looking at a total outlay of £7m on the length of his contract.

Mon May 12, 2014 2:28 pm

Brighton & hove Albion wrote:He had a release clause for £1.1m in January and we activated it and he came down and everything was going to be signed and he refused and Bournemouth extended his contract with a hefty wage rise which we couldn't match. Now his release clause is now £3m. If you buy him then you're looking at paying him £15 - £20k a week plus signing on fee, agent money so you'll be looking at a total outlay of £7m on the length of his contract.

If a partnership of him and Guerra helps to get us back up then it'll be worth it

Mon May 12, 2014 2:31 pm

Super Kev wrote:

he actually scored 16 goals and has 2 assists aswell :thumbup:

Super Kev wrote:
Brighton & hove Albion wrote:He had a release clause for £1.1m in January and we activated it and he came down and everything was going to be signed and he refused and Bournemouth extended his contract with a hefty wage rise which we couldn't match. Now his release clause is now £3m. If you buy him then you're looking at paying him £15 - £20k a week plus signing on fee, agent money so you'll be looking at a total outlay of £7m on the length of his contract.

If a partnership of him and Guerra helps to get us back up then it'll be worth it

Hi Kev.

The post above wouldn't allow me to edit and that was after about 2 minutes, anyway, don't let those 22 goals fool you as think only 14 come from open play and the rest were penalties.

daleccfcmapley wrote:
Super Kev wrote:

he actually scored 16 goals and has 2 assists aswell :thumbup:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Mon May 12, 2014 2:34 pm

He knows where the back of the net is and is still only 26 which isn't too bad. Arguably as good as Mcormmack and Le Fondre so for that price I would take him.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 12, 2014 2:35 pm

Why not buy our Ulloa? 16 goals from open play and 6 assists and no penalties and missed 10 games due to injuries.

Mon May 12, 2014 2:37 pm

He Plays on the Wright wrote:He knows where the back of the net is and is still only 26 which isn't too bad. Arguably as good as Mcormmack and Le Fondre so for that price I would take him.

Your money. Good luck.

Mon May 12, 2014 2:37 pm

He Plays on the Wright wrote:He knows where the back of the net is and is still only 26 which isn't too bad. Arguably as good as Mcormmack and Le Fondre so for that price I would take him.

you are basing that purely on the goals he has scored and its a bit silly. Not saying the guy isnt good but few people have seen him play anything more than the odd game.

Mon May 12, 2014 2:40 pm

Brighton & hove Albion wrote:
Super Kev wrote:

Hi Kev.

The post above wouldn't allow me to edit and that was after about 2 minutes, anyway, don't let those 22 goals fool you as think only 14 come from open play and the rest were penalties.

Alright mate. Didn't know that in fairness. I've seen him on tele a few times and he looked good, just like Campbell but stronger.

Mon May 12, 2014 2:43 pm

We can afford to sign 10 players and still have a smaller squad once Caulker, Mutch, Medel, Campbell, Bellamy and about 10 players who never play for us leave!

Mon May 12, 2014 2:43 pm

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... y-interest

Mon May 12, 2014 2:44 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

you are basing that purely on the goals he has scored and its a bit silly. Not saying the guy isnt good but few people have seen him play anything more than the odd game.

For a striker, I think that it is sensible to judge him on goals he's scored (and he has scored a lot of them at Championship level in his one season there). With him seeming to be at his prime now then it would be a bargain to have him IMO.

I also went to watch Bournemouth play when I was on holiday there last year, which was against West Ham. Bournemouth lost 0-2 but if any player stood out for them then it was him. But of course I don't judge him after that game.