Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Wales No1 Club......

Thu May 15, 2014 11:36 am

jackf wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:
elo wrote:Woodville Willie ,were light years ahead of u ,Fact☺

:lol: the same swansea who were in a relegation scrap for most of the season. You lot are as deluded as you are obsessed.

Your digging a huge hole the lot of you. When it all goes tits up and you get relegated which will eventually happen to a club as small as yours, you'll all be nowhere to be seen on here. Roathy excluded as he'll still be on here telling us how they have £300 billion trillion saved in the bank for a rainy day.

Relegation scrap? :laughing5: :laughing5: Its been a while rmind me what they are again?

i rest my case.

Thu May 15, 2014 11:38 am

jackf wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:

:lol: the same swansea who were in a relegation scrap for most of the season. You lot are as deluded as you are obsessed.

Your digging a huge hole the lot of you. When it all goes tits up and you get relegated which will eventually happen to a club as small as yours, you'll all be nowhere to be seen on here. Roathy excluded as he'll still be on here telling us how they have £300 billion trillion saved in the bank for a rainy day.

Relegation scrap? :laughing5: :laughing5: Its been a while rmind me what they are again?

Innit. Pretty much 10 points clear in our "worst" season.

Can we have a relegation scrap every year while we tuck away our £25m annualy :laughing6:

Thu May 15, 2014 11:40 am

Cardiff Daft! wrote:
jackf wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:

i rest my case.

So when was this relegation scrap we were in please tell?
We were never near it, pundits thought it, bookies thought it and we thought it. Only a few on here desperate to drag us in ever said we were. 12th was a disappointment mind no doubt about that, first time for years we had a lower finish than the previous year.

Thu May 15, 2014 11:46 am

jackf wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:
jackf wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:

i rest my case.

We were never near it, pundits thought it, bookies thought it and we thought it. Only a few on here desperate to drag us in ever said we were. 12th was a disappointment mind no doubt about that, first time for years we had a lower finish than the previous year.

never near it? :lol: f**k off ya lying tw*t

Thu May 15, 2014 11:50 am

10 points clear is pretty far from it :thumbright:

Thats a third of your whole season points.

Thu May 15, 2014 12:03 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
jackf wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:

Innit. Pretty much 10 points clear in our "worst" season.

Can we have a relegation scrap every year while we tuck away our £25m annualy :laughing6:

Nice to see your now sticking with the £25m annually and not the £40m you were proclaiming, a couple of days ago :laughing6: :laughing6: :thumbup:

Thu May 15, 2014 12:05 pm

Where was i ever claiming £40m? :shock:

If you are going to make things up and lie, then go nuts with it and get aliens involved or something :laughing6:

I said £25m - £30m which i maintain ....

But glad you are not claiming single digit profits anymore :laughing6:

Thu May 15, 2014 12:20 pm

A single light year is the distance light travels in a year. Stretching a point I think. Ok, 8 places ahead this year, but hardly opposite ends of the league!

Thu May 15, 2014 12:23 pm

jackf wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:
jackf wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:

i rest my case.

To be fair, you finished strongly and deserved to survive, but there was a time during the season when things weren't as rosy. Otherwise, why sack your manager? (Again, I don't disagree with getting rid of Laudrup, but there must have been concern about performance and results).

Thu May 15, 2014 12:24 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:

A single light year is the distance light travels in a year. Stretching a point I think. Ok, 8 places ahead this year, but hardly opposite ends of the league!

it would have been more accurate for him to say we are in a different league to you :thumbup:

Thu May 15, 2014 12:32 pm

Gowerjack wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:

it would have been more accurate for him to say we are in a different league to you :thumbup:

Doh!!
Ok.
You can have that one. Fact. :roll:

Thu May 15, 2014 12:33 pm

The table on the 16th of April, games played and points.....

13 (13) Hull City 33 36
14 (14) Aston Villa 33 34
15 (15) Swansea City 34 33
16 (16) West Bromwich Albion 33 33
17 (17) Norwich City 34 32
18 (18) Fulham 34 30
19 (19) Cardiff City 34 29
20 (20) Sunderland 33 26

So the 16th of April, with 4 games to go in the season, 5 for some but 4 for you, you were only 3pts clear of the relegation places.

Thu May 15, 2014 12:37 pm

Cardiff Daft! wrote:The table on the 16th of April, games played and points.....

13 (13) Hull City 33 36
18 (18) Fulham 34 30
20 (20) Sunderland 33 26

So the 16th of April, with 4 games to go in the season, 5 for some but 4 for you, you were only 3pts clear of the relegation places.

^^^ exactly. And we were only 3 points from safety!

Thu May 15, 2014 12:39 pm

Cardiff Daft! wrote:The table on the 16th of April, games played and points.....

13 (13) Hull City 33 36
18 (18) Fulham 34 30
20 (20) Sunderland 33 26

Bold :thumbup:

The irony is you are showing us a table in which we had already accumulated enough points to be safe, even if we lost all remaining games we would still stay up.

Close? Dont make me laugh :laughing6:

Thu May 15, 2014 12:48 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:

13 (13) Hull City 33 36
18 (18) Fulham 34 30
20 (20) Sunderland 33 26

The irony is you are showing us a table in which we had already accumulated enough points to be safe, even if we lost all remaining games we would still stay up.

3pts is close enough. Easy to say it wasnt even close now, at the time you were close enough for your manager to admit it. :lol: Who obviously knows a lot more about football than you.

You were out the game for 18 months though eh! Ya fanny!

Thu May 15, 2014 12:49 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:Where was i ever claiming £40m? :shock:

If you are going to make things up and lie, then go nuts with it and get aliens involved or something :laughing6:

What, you mean lies like these :laughing6:

"We have been in the Prem for 3 season and spent £35m on players, paid for a state of the art academy and training ground.... And still banked £40m plus a projected £30m this year with the increase in income. Thats £70m already and it seems we have only just got here."

When in truth you have banked £29 million in the last 2 years and now you have dropped your estimate of this year to £25 million :laughing6: that makes £54 million by your own account and not the £70 million you were insisting on, that's a drop of £16 million my old china :laughing6:
I hope that you run your business more prudently, Roathy :laughing6: :thumbup:

Thu May 15, 2014 12:50 pm

Cardiff Daft! wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:

13 (13) Hull City 33 36
18 (18) Fulham 34 30
20 (20) Sunderland 33 26

3pts is close enough. Easy to say it wasnt even close now, at the time you were close enough for your manager to admit it. :lol: Who obviously knows a lot more about football than you.

:D clearly not young man. He said we were in a battle when we were already safe. Good old roath assured you it was nonsense.

10 points clear :thumbright:

Thu May 15, 2014 12:53 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:

"We have been in the Prem for 3 season and spent £35m on players, paid for a state of the art academy and training ground.... And still banked £40m plus a projected £30m this year with the increase in income. Thats £70m already and it seems we have only just got here."

When in truth you have banked £29 million in the last 2 years and now you have dropped your estimate of this year to £25 million :laughing6: that makes £54 million by your own account and not the £70 million you were insisting on, that's a drop of £16 million my old china :laughing6:

Yep those lies, where did I say we were getting yearly profits of £40m? Correct, i didnt once say that. Apology accepted :thumbup:

What I did estimate however is that we had banked circa £40m profits so far with a projected £30m.

Turns out its £30m banked with a projected £30m-£40m.

Does that really change the point being made that we will get £250m in 10 years then? No.

Try again :laughing6:

Thu May 15, 2014 1:00 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:

13 (13) Hull City 33 36
18 (18) Fulham 34 30
20 (20) Sunderland 33 26

:D clearly not young man. He said we were in a battle when we were already safe. Good old roath assured you it was nonsense.

Remember now, just because you say it, doesnt mean its true.

In the end :thumbright:

Thu May 15, 2014 1:02 pm

Cardiff Daft! wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:

13 (13) Hull City 33 36
18 (18) Fulham 34 30
20 (20) Sunderland 33 26

At the time of that league posting - we were already safe - true.

17th place needed 10 points to finish above us - true

:thumbright:

Thu May 15, 2014 1:11 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Yep those lies, where did I say we were getting yearly profits of £40m? Correct, i didnt once say that. Apology accepted :thumbup:

What I did estimate however is that we had banked circa £40m profits so far with a projected £30m.

Does that really change the point being made that we will get £250m in 10 years then? No.

Yeah alright, remind me not to take any business advice from you :thumbup:
If we take your projected profit for this year of £25 million and as I have said more than once I believe it will be far less, but never mind lets play along with you :thumbup: That makes £54 million profit over the last 3 years. Those are actual figures and not your figure plucking ones :laughing6:
That gives us £18 million profit per year over 10 years, providing there are no disasters, which gives us £180 million profit, which is miles and miles off £250 million and light years behind your original £300 million profit that you were harping on about earlier in the thread. So, yes it does change the point dramatically Cobba :thumbup: :laughing6:

Thu May 15, 2014 1:16 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

If we take your projected profit for this year of £25 million and as I have said more than once I believe it will be far less, but never mind lets play along with you :thumbup: That makes £54 million profit over the last 3 years. Those are actual figures and not your figure plucking ones :laughing6:
That gives us £18 million profit per year over 10 years, providing there are no disasters, which gives us £180 million profit, which is miles and miles off £250 million and light years behind your original £300 million profit that you were harping on about earlier in the thread. So, yes it does change the point dramatically Cobba :thumbup: :laughing6:

:lol: my god you are thick.

So in order to work out how much money we will make in the future you are going by the OLD tv deal, good advice you card :laughing6:

The new TV deal nets £25m-£30m profit - £25m X 12 = £300,000,000

So where has the point changed.... Cobba :thumbup:

Thu May 15, 2014 1:28 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Wait a second here before Roathie comes back in.

There has been a huge hike in the money for PL sides this year, partly due to more involvement from e.g. USA and the prize money per place is now £1.2M. Even though we came last this year, we had more than Swansea did last year!

IF (and it's a big if) any side can survive in the PL for 10 years without having major debt to start with, they can easily accumulate over £250M even after wages and new acquisitions. "Smaller" clubs, in fact, can probably manage this more efficiently without the distractions of European games, etc.

Besides, how much profit I'd we make last year?

Just trying to see sense here.

Let's sort out our situation before advising others.
Last edited by Woodville Willie on Thu May 15, 2014 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 15, 2014 1:29 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

So in order to work out how much money we will make in the future you are going by the OLD tv deal, good advice you card :laughing6:

Fair play Roathy, you have some nerve calling anyone thick, whilst you treat us to your own brand of fiscal knowledge :laughing6: I see we are even basing it on 12 years now and not 10 :laughing6: Carry on, why not add in the couple of European cups you will win over the decade as well, eh? That should add another £40 million in :laughing6: :laughing6: You Whopper? :laughing6:

Thu May 15, 2014 1:33 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Fair play Roathy, you have some nerve calling anyone thick, whilst you treat us to your own brand of fiscal knowledge :laughing6: I see we are even basing it on 12 years now and not 10 :laughing6: Carry on, why not add in the couple of European cups you will win over the decade as well, eh? That should add another £40 million in :laughing6: :laughing6: You Whopper? :laughing6:

Glad you have realised your mistake :D

And nope, its still 10 - you are conveniently forgetting the money already banked :thumbup:

European cups? :shock: my calculations on us making the same sort of profits we have this year. Hardly far fetched young un.

Keep trying, or should that be... Keep digging :laughing6:
Last edited by Roath_Magic_ on Thu May 15, 2014 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 15, 2014 1:34 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:

13 (13) Hull City 33 36
18 (18) Fulham 34 30
20 (20) Sunderland 33 26

At the time of that league posting - we were already safe - true.

17th place needed 10 points to finish above us - true

You didnt know any of this at the time - true

So were involved in a relegation battle, only being 3pts away from relegation with 4 games to go - true

Thu May 15, 2014 1:36 pm

I knew we werent in a relegation battle - hence why we were safe at the time you refer and also finished the season with 17th needing 10 points to topple us - a third of your seasons total :D

True.

Thu May 15, 2014 1:41 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:I knew we werent in a relegation battle - hence why we were safe at the time you refer and also finished the season with 17th needing 10 points to topple us - a third of your seasons total :D

True.

Aye coz you jumped in your tardis eh! :roll:

Thu May 15, 2014 1:42 pm

You dont need a tardis.

Put a goat in the Grand National with a 40 stone Jockey and its safe to say it wont win. Some things are just obvious.... As time then proved :thumbup:

Thu May 15, 2014 1:42 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Glad you have realised your mistake :D

And nope, its still 10 - you are conveniently forgetting the money already banked :thumbup:

European cups? :shock: my calculations on us making the same sort of profits we have this year. Hardly far fetched young un.

Keep trying, or should that be... Keep digging :laughing6:

As has been proved time and time again, your figures are at best fictitious, some may say lies :thumbup: There's only one of us with the spade in their hands here and it certainly isn't me :laughing6: Never mind carry on digging and you should reach The Libery by Christmas :laughing6: Will it be your first vist :thumbup: :laughing6: