Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: We will be out of relegation places in 6 days time

Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:12 am

And another thing I dint consider, will Newcastle bother to try knowing if we win then it's likely Sunderland might well go down??

Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:23 am

Good post and id like to be able to believe in a win at Newcastle. Cant see it happening though to be honest....
Anybody who thinks Newcastle and Swansea win intentionally loose is dreaming....

:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:31 am

We have to admit it, every "must win" game wev'e lost. So whats different about the Newcastle game ???? We have simply not been good enough this season :(

Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:35 am

it wouldnt surprise me if we went to Newcastle and won. And with Sunderland and Norwich likely to lose it puts us back with a decent chance of staying up (almost regardless of what fulham do really!)

Reaslistically thought its just not going to happen.

I think we might sneak a draw v Newcastle, and be officially relegated when Sunderland beat an already safe west brom

Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:40 am

I cannot see Villa getting anymore points Sunderland flattered to decieve yesturday. I think you can stay up if the team fights for it. Frazer Campbell was the only one with any fight everyone else looked resigned to it.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:51 am

Love the positivity from the OP.

No matter how bad we were yesterday, we are still in with a shout of safety. Its difficult but isnt that how we usually do things :lol:

Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:25 am

we need to keep kenwyn and wilfred far away from the 1st eleven (and changing room) to have any hope I reckon, they are bad seeds. Drop KTC as well, shocking defending at times.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:50 am

thomasblue wrote:We will win at newcastle ( it's the type of game we win )
Norwich will Lose against Chelsea
Sunderland will lose against man utd
Fulham will lose away to stoke
Villa will lose against hull ( players playing for cup final place )

The table will read

Villa 35
Card 33
Sund 32
Norwich 32
Ful 31

I still believe :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

One win changes everything :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

We will win at newcastle ( it's the type of game we win ) - not sure there is any type of winnable game for bottom of the table club.
Norwich will Lose against Chelsea - definitely
Sunderland will lose against man utd - nope.
Fulham will lose away to stoke - draw more likely
Villa will lose against hull ( players playing for cup final place ) - draw more likely.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:54 am

Didn't we intentionally lose to hull a few yrs ago so Leeds would go down? Hmmmm

Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:58 pm

If we can go into the Chelsea game with a chance then that would be great. It prob would have been better if Liverpool beat Chelsea so they had nothing to play for come the end of the season.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:10 pm

The table will read

Villa 35
Card 33
Sund 32
Norwich 32
Ful 31

I am with you - at the start of the season I told my kids "You watch it go down to the chelsea match" :bluescarf:

Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:22 pm

Same here. When I first got the fixture list, I joked to my son that all we will have to do is beat Chelsea.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:23 pm

The table will read

Villa 35
Card 33
Sund 32
Norwich 32
Ful 31

This kind of positivity is great! Where there is a mathematical possibility, there is hope. :laughing3: :laughing3:

Let's face it, we never do anything the easy way so why not go for 4 points? We can cause even the best teams problems. Just need to use Sam A's bus pass and clamp the wheels too for good measure. :clock:

I must admit the Sunderland result was my "banker". I had a feeling we would do that one and then a point or 3 at Newc would have given us a chance. Now we have to go all out for mega results. No good worrying about others. :shock:

I also agree with a previous post: No team will intentionally lose. Even the jaxx will have their own agenda the last day (although some may say they did it if they do actually lose!!). :evil:

Thanks for this thread. Food for thought. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:38 pm

Remy will be back and score like he did last time we played them when they were in a poor run.

Tiote will score his first goal, for about 4 seasons, with a daisy cutter going through Marshall's legs.

Turner will concede a red card/penalty for hauling back Guiffron.

Campbell will miss another sitter.

..................but City will score 4 to win 4-3. :roll:

Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:49 pm

Danny Says wrote:Remy will be back and score like he did last time we played them when they were in a poor run.

Tiote will score his first goal, for about 4 seasons, with a daisy cutter going through Marshall's legs.

Or we can go there like we did in January and get a hard fought and well deserved shock 2-1 win .
Oh yeah with Campbell scoring the winner !

Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:55 pm

The table will read

Villa 35
Card 33
Sund 32
Norwich 32
Ful 31

:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:00 pm

Don't want to ruin a very positive and up beat post but c Mon boys it's not gonna happen , we were dire and when was the last time we won our last game ,sorry but it's back to the championship

Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:11 pm

Danny Says wrote:Remy will be back and score like he did last time we played them when they were in a poor run.

You forgot to mention Pardew assaulting Tan in the tunnel and getting a red card. But there again, Tan loves a red!

Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:10 pm

thomasblue wrote:

Or we can go there like we did in January and get a hard fought and well deserved shock 2-1 win .
Oh yeah with Campbell scoring the winner !

It was posted largely in jest!!

Incidentally did Newcastle play a full team that day?

Noone is now injured so who is going to score from distance?

Different game then with now.

Last home game of the season for their fans. Pardew needs a good performance for his position as will some of their players.

I'd like to think City can go up there and put in a spirited performance. :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:44 pm

There's no way Swansea will go to Sunderland and lose deliberately to send you down.I said it on here at the start of the season it could come down to this but our players don't feel the same towards you as us fans and the higher we finish the more money we'll get so anyone thinking that way needs to forget it.I thought you'd win yesterday and think you can win at Newcastle but with Chelsea going for the title they'll be the ones who'll end it all for you even if you do win at St.James' Park.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:50 pm

6 bysedd wrote:There's no way Swansea will go to Sunderland and lose deliberately to send you down.I said it on here at the start of the season it could come down to this but our players don't feel the same towards you as us fans and the higher we finish the more money we'll get so anyone thinking that way needs to forget it.I thought you'd win yesterday and think you can win at Newcastle but with Chelsea going for the title they'll be the ones who'll end it all for you even if you do win at St.James' Park.

We'll lose both games so it's irrelevant. :cry:

Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:01 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
6 bysedd wrote:There's no way Swansea will go to Sunderland and lose deliberately to send you down.I said it on here at the start of the season it could come down to this but our players don't feel the same towards you as us fans and the higher we finish the more money we'll get so anyone thinking that way needs to forget it.I thought you'd win yesterday and think you can win at Newcastle but with Chelsea going for the title they'll be the ones who'll end it all for you even if you do win at St.James' Park.

Yesterday was shocking from your side but if you can go to somewhere like Southampton and turn them over then you can go to St.James' and win there too.They're dogshite at the moment and lost their last 5.I still think you'll go down but there's no reason you can't win up there on Saturday, Gareth.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:04 pm

6 bysedd wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Yesterday was shocking from your side but if you can go to somewhere like Southampton and turn them over then you can go to St.James' and win there too.They're dogshite at the moment and lost their last 5.I still think you'll go down but there's no reason you can't win up there on Saturday, Gareth.

I have zero confidence in us. Done 7 promotions and rapidly approaching my 7th relegation. Feel like giving up but come August I'll be there no doubt

Sun May 04, 2014 9:07 am

The table will read

Villa 35
Card 33
Sund 32
Norwich 32
Ful 31

This went well.....

Sun May 04, 2014 9:10 am

The Lone Gunman wrote:

The table will read

Villa 35
Card 33
Sund 32
Norwich 32
Ful 31

This went well.....

Welcome back Dave and I have all the respect in the world for you and your stance :thumbup: :thumbup: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun May 04, 2014 9:11 am

The Lone Gunman wrote:

The table will read

Villa 35
Card 33
Sund 32
Norwich 32
Ful 31

This went well.....

Nothing wrong with a bit of optimism .
Difference is I never gave up on my club like some people or my team until relegation was certain :thumbright:

Sun May 04, 2014 9:14 am

6 bysedd wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

You were saying? :laughing6: