Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: YES OR NO ?

Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:46 am

Svenman87 wrote:We'll need everyone to have a great game - last game vs Stoke I felt like most players were playing very well, but then a couple players were not to be seen or easily gave away possession.

Daehli will need to have a big impact - and whoever starts Kim/Bellamy/Zaha - they will need to step up and have an equally large impact on the other side.

Sticking to my 2-1 Prediction - Score 2 before half! :D

:bluescarf: :ole:

Be nice if Zaha got a brace and started to show us what he can do...

Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:56 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:No.

Would be very surprised if you win this one.

can i ask why?

Dont get me wrong its a tough game, but its more "last chance salloon" for us than them, as they have 2 winnable homes games after us.

Sunderland will be slight favorites with the bookies, but we are playing ok at the moment, the selection has become more steady and i certainly wouldnt be "very surprised" if we won.

Going forward though, we need back-to-back wins for the first time this season against Sunderland and Newcastle, even 4 points wont be enough, so regardless of what happens sunday, ill be surprised if we stay up.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:04 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:No.

Would be very surprised if you win this one.

can i ask why?

Dont get me wrong its a tough game, but its more "last chance salloon" for us than them, as they have 2 winnable homes games after us.

Sunderland will be slight favorites with the bookies, but we are playing ok at the moment, the selection has become more steady and i certainly wouldnt be "very surprised" if we won.

Going forward though, we need back-to-back wins for the first time this season against Sunderland and Newcastle, even 4 points wont be enough, so regardless of what happens sunday, ill be surprised if we stay up.

Of course you can.

I just dont think you are good enough, to be blunt. Its one thing needing to win, but its another having the ability to do it. You are terrible on the road barring one or two matches. Sunderland are on the crest of a wave and have a real chance to get out of this mess and take a big step towards safety.

They are actually a pretty decent outfit. But football is a funny game and you may sneak a result like against Saints.

Not sure about slight faves though, i think you will be about 4-1 to win. Ill check.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:39 am

i would have had us down as much shorter than that really, (cant check betting sites in work)

i think our form, though perhaps not the results have been better away from home recently, A point away to West brom and the win v southampton, a quite cruel last minute goal v everton....

Granted its not great, but i dont think Sunderland are all that, throw in the fact that, if we are to stay up, this is must win, it adds a different edge to the game for sure.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:42 am

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:48 am

Draw written all over this game. I'll go for a similar result last December, but with City going 2-0 down first, then a late fight back to pull us level & draw the game 2-2.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:53 am

Their current form will be troubling for sure - They generally have wasted a lot of chances in the past - but Connor Wickham has really lifted the team in the past two games by himself. I really think if we mark him effectively we can take their offense out of the game.

Adam Johnson - they're #1 goalscorer has struggled - think I read he has scored 1 in the last 12 games.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:08 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:.

10/3?

perhaps their recent form has sorted that then, didnt expect under evens for Sunderland :lol:

Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:08 am

Forever Blue wrote:Hmm

Under Malky Def yes :lol: :thumbup: :bluescarf:

Under Ole, I see no reason why not :thumbup: :ole: :bluescarf:

Are you going to bring up Malky in the Oasis thread aswell? Really tiresome to see you bring him up everywhere. Managers come and go, Tan isn't going to reinstate Malky - not even if Ole shags Tan's wife and poops on his carpet.

On topic: YES, but wouldn't put money on it.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:19 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:.

10/3?

perhaps their recent form has sorted that then, didnt expect under evens for Sunderland :lol:

About that yeah.

could probably get 4-1 on betfair.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:36 am

No - 2-2 for me which may prove ok :bluescarf:

Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:20 pm

I predict that One will pick up points that's for certain :thumbup:

Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:27 pm

Yes 2-1 :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:56 pm

No, i'm sorry but when ever we think we'll win we get destroyed, look at the hull, palace and west ham game. west ham didn't destroy us but every one on here was predicting a 3 or 4 nil win to us. But i'm still hoping :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:31 pm

Must be confident. I'd take a 1-0! :bluescarf: :ole: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:56 am

A draw..........and we'll stay up after beating Newcastle. :bluescarf: :ole:

Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:09 am

26 Apr 2014 11:00:00 AM
It's a crunch match at the Stadium of Light this weekend as two sides battling relegation meet on Sunday, with our tipster backing goals at both ends

Sunderland and Cardiff City meet at the foot of the table with only a handful of games left in the season. Both sides are staring down the barrel of relegation, but wins in recent weeks have given them a glimmer of hope of avoiding the drop. Despite those wins, it's still 20th versus 18th, with both sides vying for an invaluable three points.

Sunderland come into this match after a successful last week on the road. Gus Poyet's men were moments away from victory away at Manchester City, but had to settle for a draw in the end.

They showed this result was no fluke as they played Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, with a Fabio Borini penalty giving them a deserved three points which sees them stay within touching distance of Norwich in 17th. William Hill price them at 10/11 (1.91) to win against Cardiff.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has really struggled for results since taking over at the Welsh club, which sees them struggling to avoid the drop in their first season in the top flight. However, victory away at Southampton earlier this month has given them hope, which was followed up with a point at home to Stoke. With three games remaining, they too must pick up points, especially as the bottom eight are seperated by just seven points. William Hill price them at 3/1 (4.00) to make it two away wins on the spin. The same firm price the draw at 5/2 (3.50).

With both sides showing signs of life at the end of the season, it's a tough game to call in the match odds market with Sunderland struggling against sides at the bottom at home, failing to beat Aston Villa, West Ham and Hull in 2014 while Cardiff have been fairly erratic in thier performances too.

A better play in this match appears to be goals. Despite being 7/10 (1.70) the both teams to score bet with William Hill is worth backing this weekend.