Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

KIM & CITY v BLACK CATS

Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:33 pm

I wonder if Ole will stick with the same starting 11 again, we looked strong against Stoke and I thought the team looked more settled. For me I think Kim is a weak link, he's not strong enough, don't shoot enough in the 16 yard box and I doesn't influence the game. He was brilliant last season in the Championship but it just hasn't happened for him in the Premiership.

Opinions?

Re: KIM & CITY v BLACK CATS

Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:47 pm

Last season he seemed so confident to run at defenders and have a crack at goal. I genuinely believed he was going to be one of our key players this season. I'm not sure whether it is a lack of confidence or Kim not being capable to step up. He always plays with his back to goal and is constantly passing backwards this season. It's a shame.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:57 pm

A block wrote:Last season he seemed so confident to run at defenders and have a crack at goal. I genuinely believed he was going to be one of our key players this season. I'm not sure whether it is a lack of confidence or Kim not being capable to step up. He always plays with his back to goal and is constantly passing backwards this season. It's a shame.

Can't disagree, I had every reason to believe he would be a key player and I don't know what happened. As you say maybe it was confidence or something, but he just isn't strong enough to shrug off players

Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:49 pm

Against Southampton he was the only midfielder who looked to push forward and take players on.

Whittingham held back a bit and was just knocking the ball out wide most of the game.

Kim had a blinder v Sunderland. Him and Ki both bossed the game and was the key players for us and Sunderland.

I feel he doesn't look up on counter attacks and dwells on the ball therefore slowing down attacks from time to time.

I wouldn't be too concerned if he started but can see him being dropped.. as long as it isn't for Gunnarsson.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:52 pm

Kim played well against Stoke I thought. Miles better than Mutch anyway, who has been completely destroyed in confidence for a while.

Play mutch further forward ole ffs.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:53 pm

Mario wrote:Kim played well against Stoke I thought. Miles better than Mutch anyway, who has been completely destroyed in confidence for a while.

Play mutch further forward ole ffs.

Mutch didn't at all look match fit v Stoke, would have said he had a poor game but looked unfit.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:55 pm

My biggest concern is Theophile-Catherine.

He hadn't instilled any confidence in me over last few games.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:58 pm

carlccfc wrote:My biggest concern is Theophile-Catherine.

Considering the shockers he had I think the Everton game he was superb in the back 5 and he has done well since, getting back to himself slowly.

One player who shouldn't get a sniff near the first 11 or bench is Taylor, he just lacks a lot of pace.. the game has grown so fast paced that fullbacks need pace.. in fairness there are some who don't have pace but do a great job but that's very rare.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:26 am

carlccfc wrote:My biggest concern is Theophile-Catherine.

He looked okay defensively but I think once he got up field he made some poor decisions. Couldn't believe how many times they went down his flank when Fabio & Daehli were killing it together everytime they were linking up.

Was pretty fun to watch those two together tbh.