Over 5000 turn out to watch Swans training session...

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Over 5000 turn out to watch Swans training session...

Postby Roath_Magic_ » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:19 am

CjBluebird17 wrote:No point even comparing both event as there is no correlation between the two. Roathie getting too big for his boots on this board

Does there have to be correlation then, other than being two events at our clubs?

One is a meaningless training exercise where all the fans are not in the vicinity of the ground, the other a march for the clubs identity to be restored where all the fans are right next to it.

Too big for my boots? True, how dare I ask a question. Such a shame you seem to talk some sense away from your family obsession with roathie.... A Ryan through and through :D
Roathy - the football forum philanthropist...

Total amount of bets won for Cancer Research UK so far:- £5
Total amount of bets lost - £0

***85harj is Mario be warned***
Roath_Magic_

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby jackf » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:30 am

Roathie I have no idea why you keep on going over this topic. Its always been crystal clear that to the majority of cardiff fans tans cash and catching up with their little cousin was more important than the blue and the badge. Leave them alone ffs and stop dragging it up all the time. To the fans that do care it must be a topic of hurt and embarrassment so why keep stirring.
Swansea city represpenting wales in the premier league.
jackf

Postby murphy » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:33 am

Poor families in Swansea can't afford to take their kids to oakwood, Bristol zoo etc. So once Swansea city announce a free day at their training ground the gypos snap it up. Well done to SCFC but 5,000 being there is nothing.
murphy

Postby Roath_Magic_ » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:34 am

jackf wrote:Roathie I have no idea why you keep on going over this topic. Its always been crystal clear that to the majority of cardiff fans tans cash and catching up with their little cousin was more important than the blue and the badge. Leave them alone ffs and stop dragging it up all the time. To the fans that do care it must be a topic of hurt and embarrassment so why keep stirring.

I wouldnt say it is stirring as the result isnt of interest to me. I guess it is an attempt to awaken some that are still in a money driven stupor.

Contrary to popular belief i dont hate cardiff, they are my local side in many ways. It amazes me how many have let their club all but die and what amazes me more is the ones that try something then convince themselves that it is enough.

This is just another example of the importance put on the fight to return to blue. If they are hurt and embarrassed by the subject then they should be the ones to ask these questions and not give in because the majority prefer cash over their club.

Roath_Magic_

Postby Cardiff Blues » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:39 am

These two events are hardly even connected, a training game and a protest. I might say "is it embarrassing that our keeper has made more saves than yours" which would make for a proper debate since the two events are linked (although that might not be a good thing) :roll:

You're either on a wind up or just posting so you can have a long boring (probably abusive) debate which will end up with you mentioning that you're a millionaire and have everything you've ever wanted. Change the record :sleepy2:
Last edited by Cardiff Blues on Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cardiff Blues

Postby Walter White » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:42 am

This is so cringe worthy. It's yet again a blatant attempt at a wind up by a jack and as usual with this individual it's a poor attempt. Not really surprising to come from someone who spends literally half their life on an opponents football forum though.
Walter White

Postby toshacks_1_tales » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:47 am

No I don't think it's 'bad' that 5000 people enjoyed themselves at an Easter event thrown by Swansea FC. I also don't think its 'bad' that an unofficial total of people peacefully voiced their concerns of the running of Cardiff City. Apart from the two parties involved being football clubs there isn't any other comparison to be made. So to answer your question. No it's not 'bad'
Do you think it's bad?
'Acronymous'

tacita plures
toshacks_1_tales

Postby Roath_Magic_ » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:47 am

Walter White wrote:This is so cringe worthy. It's yet again a blatant attempt at a wind up by a jack and as usual with this individual it's a poor attempt. Not really surprising to come from someone who spends literally half their life on an opponents football forum though.

Not a wind up at all. I mean it.

Interesting that you think im 6 years old and that is just the time ive been registered here (3 years).

Roath_Magic_

Postby Roath_Magic_ » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:48 am

toshacks_1_tales wrote:No I don't think it's 'bad' that 5000 people enjoyed themselves at an Easter event thrown by Swansea FC. I also don't think its 'bad' that an unofficial total of people peacefully voiced their concerns of the running of Cardiff City. Apart from the two parties involved being football clubs there isn't any other comparison to be made. So to answer your question. No it's not 'bad'
Do you think it's bad?

Thanks for your reply.

Yes i think its bad.

Roath_Magic_

Postby Bluebina » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:49 am

It's because you're all gypo tramps and it's free, makes a change from rat catching.....
Bluebina

Postby toshacks_1_tales » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:53 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
toshacks_1_tales wrote:No I don't think it's 'bad' that 5000 people enjoyed themselves at an Easter event thrown by Swansea FC. I also don't think its 'bad' that an unofficial total of people peacefully voiced their concerns of the running of Cardiff City. Apart from the two parties involved being football clubs there isn't any other comparison to be made. So to answer your question. No it's not 'bad'
Do you think it's bad?

Thanks for your reply.

Yes i think its bad.

Thank you for posing the question. I trust your getting the responses you hoped for?
'Acronymous'

tacita plures
toshacks_1_tales

Postby Walter White » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:54 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Walter White wrote:This is so cringe worthy. It's yet again a blatant attempt at a wind up by a jack and as usual with this individual it's a poor attempt. Not really surprising to come from someone who spends literally half their life on an opponents football forum though.

Not a wind up at all. I mean it.

Interesting that you think im 6 years old and that is just the time ive been registered here (3 years).

Spends not spent! That's present tense not past tense.
Walter White

Postby Roath_Magic_ » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:55 am

toshacks_1_tales wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Do you think it's bad?

Thanks for your reply.

Yes i think its bad.

Thank you for posing the question. I trust your getting the responses you hoped for?

Replies of all kinds interest me, even the most candid reply gives away a lot.

Roath_Magic_

Postby Roath_Magic_ » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:56 am

Walter White wrote:

Half my "life" is the same whether you are talking about past or present.

Roath_Magic_

Postby Essex Bluebird » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:59 am

Must have been market day. :ayatollah:
Essex Bluebird

Postby mikeyt.po3 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:59 am

" All those people's yards away " So many " within spitting distance " could be that all those supported the march, they just didn't actually start from Canton. :bluescarf:
mikeyt.po3

Postby Walter White » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:01 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Walter White wrote:

No. If I said spent then yeah I'd be assuming you've spent 8 years on here. By saying 'spend half your life' that's saying since you signed up or now you currently on here literally half the time you are living.

Good luck with it though, you enjoy it instead of going down the pub with your actual mates. It's sweet. :thumbright:
Walter White

Postby Roath_Magic_ » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:06 pm

Walter White wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Walter White wrote:

No. If I said spent then yeah I'd be assuming you've spent 8 years on here. By saying 'spend half your life' that's saying since you signed up or now you currently on here literally half the time you are living.

Good luck with it though, you enjoy it instead of going down the pub with your actual mates. It's sweet. :thumbright:

Well we will have to disagree there.... Well with either definition you are wrong :D

Pub? What do you think I am, a student? :lol:

Roath_Magic_

Postby Walter White » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:16 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Walter White wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
Walter White wrote:

Well we will have to disagree there.... Well with either definition you are wrong :D

Pub? What do you think I am, a student? :lol:

I haven't had my stopwatch out but it's got to be a third of your life then.

I don't know a normal bloke? Or even just a bloke? Maybe not though, who knows.
Walter White

Postby Roath_Magic_ » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:23 pm

Ah well, maybe i will keep the mystery alive :laughing6:

Discuss the topic amongst yourself for a while, im being summoned to watch Game of Thrones series 2. Cracking first series.

Ciao for now.

Roath_Magic_

Postby steve davies » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:26 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Ha ha pissing my self laughing.
Right my view is with all the fights and Chicos Bricks at your training sessions it must be more entertaining than watching your games.They must be sado gimps to one want to watch the team train. Or even sadder to want to watch a few bitch slaps.
Tell me in honesty anyone on here who watches training sessions ? Sad people who dont know how to lick fanny and enjoy train spotting. Roathy you suprise me with this .

Spot on nukes the parents probably told the kids it was a WWE event with Chico the cheat against the mad monk as the main event. :lol: ;)
steve davies

Postby Mario » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:38 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:Ah well, maybe i will keep the mystery alive :laughing6:

Discuss the topic amongst yourself for a while, im being summoned to watch Game of Thrones series 2. Cracking first series.

Ciao for now.

Tywin Lannister dies.
by swansealad69 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:34 pm :

"And for the record I have commitments in Thailand hence the reason I come so much and no never have or will entertain a ladyboy but should I do so then so be it."
Mario

Postby AlwaysBBlue » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:40 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:Thats pretty incredible.

Now im going to pose a question and i know its not going to go down well, but i pride myself on not shying away from my thoughts so will indeed pose it to the forum.

I will ask though, could i get some genuine replies rather than insults, surely everybody by now knows hurling of abuse is pointless when it comes to me :D

Do you think its bad that more watched an end of season training session for Swansea on a non match day.... than turned up on the march to fight for your clubs heritage when all 27,000 attending fans were a mere hundreds of meters away?

does it hurt you that more people turned up for our FA cup game against wigan than some of your europa league games?

if that was my club, in its first season in europe and our neighbors were getting more fans for an FA cup game against a div1 side i'd feel really let down by my fellow fans
AlwaysBBlue

Postby Roath_Magic_ » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:48 pm

AlwaysBBlue wrote:
does it hurt you that more people turned up for our FA cup game against wigan than some of your europa league games?

if that was my club, in its first season in europe and our neighbors were getting more fans for an FA cup game against a div1 side i'd feel really let down by my fellow fans

No, attendances at football matches have never interested me. Certainly not enough to hurt me. :D

we dont have a large hardcore following, we haven't for as long as I remember so comparing to a club with historically bigger numbers is a bit futile really. Im under no illusions that if we are ever relegated then 25% of the current crowd will leave.

The Premier League is a bigger pull than the Europa League (which wasnt our first season in europe as you suggest by the way) and in a 60 game season people will prioritise, just the way it is. No reason to be hurt over it :laughing6:

Although if a madman came in turned us green, rid us of our swan and plunged us into £100m debt id be mortified if the majority of the match day crowd didn't to their upmost to fight for our club and not just bask in the fact we have Premier League status for what could be 1 season.

Roath_Magic_

Postby AlwaysBBlue » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:55 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:

No, attendances at football matches have never interested me. Certainly not enough to hurt me. :D

we dont have a large hardcore following, we haven't for as long as I remember so comparing to a club with historically bigger numbers is a bit futile really. Im under no illusions that if we are ever relegated then 25% of the current crowd will leave.

The Premier League is a bigger pull than the Europa League (which wasnt our first season in europe as you suggest by the way) and in a 60 game season people will prioritise, just the way it is. No reason to be hurt over it :laughing6:

Although if a madman came in turned us green, rid us of our swan and plunged us into £100m debt id be mortified if the majority of the match day crowd didn't to their upmost to fight for our club and not just bask in the fact we have Premier League status for what could be 1 season.

so a large chunk of swans fans would leave if you got relegated, but you'd be mortified if they didnt protest?

you haven't had anything like this happen to your club since your gates were about 3k (i know it doesnt interest you but it's relevant) i can garantee that if it happened to you now you would have a similar number of hardcore opponents protesting...hull have proved that this year.

p.s. congratulations on your record training attendence, i'll get in touch with ccfc to see if they can donate a good natured plaque to honor this occasion
AlwaysBBlue

Postby Roath_Magic_ » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:00 pm

AlwaysBBlue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:

so a large chunk of swans fans would leave if you got relegated, but you'd be mortified if they didnt protest?

you haven't had anything like this happen to your club since your gates were about 3k (i know it doesnt interest you but it's relevant) i can garantee that if it happened to you now you would have a similar number of hardcore opponents protesting...hull have proved that this year.

p.s. congratulations on your record training attendence, i'll get in touch with ccfc to see if they can donate a good natured plaque to honor this occasion

Yep id say we would have 16,500 attendances if relegated so 3500 would go back to support liverpool or whatever. So 18% then.

So if we were relegated and that happened to us and we didnt at least get 9000-10,000 on a march held right next to the stadium on a match day then id be so disgusted with the fans id find it difficult to sit in the same stadium as them.

Thats a fact.

The thing is you haven't had ANY opposition to Tan. Its taken 2 years for a mere murmur and even that was strictly NOT anti tan. The only semblance of defiance was at Liverpool and that was for Mackay not the club.
Last edited by Roath_Magic_ on Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Roath_Magic_

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:01 pm

such big news it was reported in the news/national papers? :D joe public probably hoping to see another bust up with players :P
pembroke allan

Postby AlwaysBBlue » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:06 pm

Roath_Magic_ wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:
AlwaysBBlue wrote:

Yep id say we would have 16,500 attendances if relegated so 3500 would go back to support liverpool or whatever. So 18% then.

So if we were relegated and that happened to us and we didnt at least get 9000-10,000 on a march held right next to the stadium on a match day then id be so disgusted with the fans id find it difficult to sit in the same stadium as them.

Thats a fact.

The thing is you haven't had ANY opposition to Tan. Its taken 2 years for a mere murmur and even that was strictly NOT anti tan. The only semblance of defiance was at Liverpool and that was for Mackay not the club.

i think your underestimationg how many plastics are at your club, attendences for a champ club on the up will always be higher than on the way down, 12-13k IMO but its impossible to say at this point.

if it does happen to your club then id prepare to be dissapointed in your fellow fan, because to suggest that cardiff and swansea supporters are different or have different priorities regarding what they will and wont protest en masse is f*cking ludicrous (sp?)

and i'd imagine, living in oz, you probably find it difficult to sit in the same stadium as them anyway :laughing6:
AlwaysBBlue

Postby popeye21 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:07 pm

Now im going to pose a question and i know its not going to go down well, but i pride myself on not shying away from my thoughts so will indeed pose it to the forum.

I will ask though, could i get some genuine replies rather than insults, surely everybody by now knows hurling of abuse is pointless when it comes to me :D

Do you think its bad that more watched an end of season training session for Swansea on a non match day.... than turned up on the march to fight for your clubs heritage when all 27,000 attending fans were a mere hundreds of meters away?

Most boxing events in Wales are a sell-out, so with the recent history of your club and it's sparring sessions, they probably thought they would watch a free fight and preferred that to repeats of James Bond etc.
popeye21

Postby caerblue » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:09 pm

What was given out free? :lol:
caerblue

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat